Salem V1.1.1 Mo Ballin' Snow Ballin'

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Salem V1.1.1 Mo Ballin' Snow Ballin'

Postby Heffernan » Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:45 am

just now in...

Heffernan

Postby Shadeen » Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:48 pm

Ore
Wooden Logs
Clay
Hay
Those red things that are inspirationals and were supposedly good for when the animals would be available (I may be mistaken on their usefulness, I think I read it somewhere).
Slabs of meat!! No use making separate stockbins, we could just build one for each type of meat and manage them ourselves, the same way we have been doing for boards.
Cleaned cotton (same thing as meat).

Happy holidays!!! ;)
Shadeen

Postby Norelieth » Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:54 pm

Shadeen wrote:ore
Slabs of meat!! No use making separate stockbins, we could just build one for each type of meat and manage them ourselves, the same way we have been doing for boards.

ore : melt it or don't mine it (mine walls are nice places to store ore :lol: )
meat : cook it or sell it
cleaned cotton : make clothes

don't be a hoarder ;)
Pour être heureux, vivons cachés.
Norelieth

Postby Shadeen » Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:29 pm

I know what you mean, and you are right about cotton (that's what I've been doing), but I am in the process of raising my sewing proficiency, so I'd like to use all of it up once I can create lower difficulty clothes :)
Shadeen

Postby MaxPlanck » Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:27 pm

Shadeen wrote:Ore
Wooden Logs
Clay
Hay
Those red things that are inspirationals and were supposedly good for when the animals would be available (I may be mistaken on their usefulness, I think I read it somewhere).

Happy holidays!!! ;)

Wood Blocks sound reasonable to put in a stockbin(wood blocks are usually stored like this IRL for making fires)
Storing wood blocks would stop people from crying about having alts to store all their "wood choppings"

Clay in a stockbin is just silly, clay is easy to obtain and if you mushed a bunch of clay together it would form some giant monster of a block of clay.
Most things that require clay can be made on the spot; urns, gardening pots(bring lime/granite with you from your stockbins, those 2 are already stockable)

Hay bales should be made before just saying "PUT IT IN A STOCKBIN"
Everyone is saying give me more to put in my stockbins but we need different kinds of bins that require different materials.

Storing slabs of meat should require a unit that you need to refill with ice(sort of like a turkey coop where turkeys die when food runs out)
It could be called an ice barrel or the sort, and if the ice runs out, the meat decays into something only usable for compost(that way you aren't completely screwed;dead turkeys=compost too)

If we add cotton cloth to the stockbin that would be fine but not raw/clean cotton. Limiting the maximum cloth between 100-200 for balancing purposes.

Propulsion wrote:Stockbins - ore, clay, humus, and hay is needed.

Also please make it so dry boards, plained boards, and oiled boardes need different stockbins. At the moment you can mix them in the same stockbin.

Note... you can already do brick and coal

Don't mix your boards then. Don't complain to the devs that you are too lazy that you leave 30 oiled, 20 planed, 17 dry or something at the time in your inventory and then try to throw it in the bin.

meiyeeer wrote:How about:
bricks
dross
iron ore
copper ore

Bricks are already bin-able

Everyone is asking for dross and they have considered it.

If we add ore to stock bins the max limit should be around 200(ore pieces have a bigger picture than lime/granite/rubble and the boulders are big when pulled from the wall)
That's just an excuse though. Ore is just another stone type as all the other stone types that are bin-able so I don't see why not have it bin-able.
MaxPlanck
Customer

Postby DarkNacht » Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:05 pm

MaxPlanck wrote:if you mushed a bunch of clay together it would form some giant monster of a block of clay.
And thats a problem?
DarkNacht

Postby tatertot18 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:12 pm

DarkNacht wrote:
MaxPlanck wrote:if you mushed a bunch of clay together it would form some giant monster of a block of clay.
And thats a problem?

I'd prefer to see it come to life and destroy you, honestly surprised that not's a mechanic already...
tatertot18

Postby DarkNacht » Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:33 pm

tatertot18 wrote:
DarkNacht wrote:
And thats a problem?

I'd prefer to see it come to life and destroy you, honestly surprised that not's a mechanic already...

Golem of Prague + witchcraft
DarkNacht

Postby JohnCarver » Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:28 am

Meanwhile on the test server. We have finally found a way to display our items nicely on our nightstands :).

ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Darwoth » Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:27 am

JohnCarver wrote:Meanwhile on the test server. We have finally found a way to display our items nicely on our nightstands :).

do they display scalps/skulls where you can see the name somehow? =P
Darwoth

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements