Game Development: Zero Hour

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Game Development: Zero Hour

Postby Darwoth » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:13 am

whiners with no job are going to whine.

i was only a few law and lore points away from fencing when i saw that the packages were put up and i snagged one so i could get a sword and give the pack to my wife, when you click the scroll it only gives you the skill it does not boost your proficiencies and get you any closer to murder or the other black skills. just allows you to kill rabbits and crickets right off to get your leather etc going sooner instead of screwing around for an hour or two first.

it is a minor convenience for those willing to make the game profitable and keep the servers running, cry about it.
Darwoth

Postby Vibe » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:07 am

I don't see any of these packages as a significant advantage, I'd say they're a great choice to put up for real money.
Vibe

Postby anox » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:36 am

Those packs and goodies are a clever idea. Loads of people will buy them, which will mean more money in the Seatribe folks' pocket, which will mean more game development, hence more fun for us. A good thing.
anox

Postby TotalyMoo » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:48 am

anox wrote:A good thing.

You jinxed it!
I never managed to figure out something clever for my signature on Paradoxplaza, and I doubt I'll do it here either.

"ur a mod till u shwo ur a admin"
TotalyMoo

Postby baronbowden » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:25 pm

Good call on the packs.

B
baronbowden

Postby Potjeh » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:47 pm

Yeah, those are an awesome idea. A little head start, but nothing that'll be noticeable after a week or less, and some unique looking cash only equipment which IMO should be the main source of revenue for the game.
Potjeh

Postby sabinati » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:01 pm

I think the packs are really good but I still think everything in the cash shop is priced too high.
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
sabinati

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:01 pm

sabinati wrote:I think the packs are really good but I still think everything in the cash shop is priced too high.

Yeah. The skills are nice (getting fencing easily is really nice), but for the most part you're getting clothes which are (i'm assuming) lootable and such.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby JinxDevona » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:43 am

TotalyMoo wrote:
anox wrote:A good thing.

You jinxed it!

You called? ;) No seriously...

I've been reading through everything and it sounds great. Sometime next week I should finally have my OWN internet again and be able to really dig in. I was however wondering about a question that someone previously asked... if open beta is in a month like it was stated, will the original server (or all servers for that matter) be wiped at that time?
Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't. ~Margaret Thatcher
JinxDevona

Postby Dallane » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:44 am

JinxDevona wrote:if open beta is in a month like it was stated, will the original server (or all servers for that matter) be wiped at that time?

no
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements