Salem V1.1 Passive Prof Gains

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Salem V1.1 Passive Prof Gains

Postby Victor » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:10 pm

cool, I always thought about gaining points from doing various things who are related to the proficiencies
Victor

Postby strawman » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:14 pm

Adjusted Smelting formulas

Hmm, wonder what that means - 50/50 lime to ore no longer ideal ??
strawman
Customer

Postby xsarfax » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:21 pm

Ex. 2 point for fire the coalcamp ? 1 point for every coal ?
Even new player must make... 20 coal camps for gain 1000 ember &sparks... but new player dont need 20 coal camps
Next-> for advance player... ex. 14k ember & sparks = 140 coal camps (14k coal)
That doesnt work in my opinion ;D Just ¦]
But idea is good ^_^
xsarfax

Postby JohnCarver » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:45 pm

Thor wrote:After minor farming I got about +300 SnC and +500 TnN. I'd suggest buffing values a bit since it's really not "rewarding" and doesn't really make anything feel less of a job (like I suppose JC was going for with this) even if you are a new player(?). For now it seems like it's just something in the side that doesn't really even matter. Would be interesting to hear what the starting players think.

Fair point. This was definitely something that was far better if we error'd too low than too high in my opinion. We will take all constructive criticism quite seriously to hopefully find the nice balance. Keep in mind though we did balance it for the person who is 'spamming' a particular industry. I.E. the dedicated farmer who is harvesting and planting 25-50 fields for their village for example.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Thor » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:56 pm

Also I'd be happy to see some major gain from PVP sparring (C&D gain). I admit it might be abuseable (gaining points by punching own alt) but it feels like a natural progression that when you fight you get better in it and maybe there is a way to get around the abuse factor.
saltmummy wrote:You sad sad little man, my heart weeps for you. Better not go outside or your thin, tissue paper like skin might spontaneously rupture while your fragile sensibilities violently shatter spraying salt and urine all over the street.
Thor

Postby Dallane » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:57 pm

Thor wrote:Also I'd be happy to see some major gain from PVP sparring (C&D gain). I admit it might be abuseable (gaining points by punching own alt) but it feels like a natural progression that when you fight you get better in it and maybe there is a way to get around the abuse factor.

With the amount of time it would take to level at a certain point it wouldn't really be worth it. I dont see much abuse happening.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby JohnCarver » Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:09 pm

Mini Update #1
-----------------

*Fixed a bug causing Limed hides recipe to no longer produce the hide.
*Binding a book now adds 135 Fiath & Wisdom
*Scribing a piece of paper now adds 25 Faith & Wisdom
*Writing on a textsign now adds 8 Faith & Wisdom
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby greenkrieg » Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:17 pm

I really appreciate this update. I agree that it might need to be balance a bit but this is a definitely a great step. Glad you see you back JC. I can't wait for more updates
greenkrieg
Customer

Postby Thor » Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:49 pm

Dallane wrote:
Thor wrote:Also I'd be happy to see some major gain from PVP sparring (C&D gain). I admit it might be abuseable (gaining points by punching own alt) but it feels like a natural progression that when you fight you get better in it and maybe there is a way to get around the abuse factor.

With the amount of time it would take to level at a certain point it wouldn't really be worth it. I dont see much abuse happening.

Nope, not with current values. But I was thinking something like a skill level up per 10 minutes of active sparring in early levels but that might be too high.
saltmummy wrote:You sad sad little man, my heart weeps for you. Better not go outside or your thin, tissue paper like skin might spontaneously rupture while your fragile sensibilities violently shatter spraying salt and urine all over the street.
Thor

Postby Taipion » Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:58 pm

Thor wrote:
Dallane wrote:

Nope, not with current values. But I was thinking something like a skill level up per 10 minutes of active sparring in early levels but that might be too high.

That's quite a problem, balancing it I mean.

If you would get like 50k CnD per 10 minutes of good sparring, that would still mean it is abusable, though, as an example it would still take about 42h this way to get from 300 to 375 CnD, that would mean you could easily abuse it with scripting/botting and get to cain & able for free within a few days.

[edit:] On the other hand, theres the cthulu mask as well.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements