Salem V1.1 Passive Prof Gains

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Salem V1.1 Passive Prof Gains

Postby Thor » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:28 am

My initial though is.. This deserves a compliment, well done!
saltmummy wrote:You sad sad little man, my heart weeps for you. Better not go outside or your thin, tissue paper like skin might spontaneously rupture while your fragile sensibilities violently shatter spraying salt and urine all over the street.
Thor

Postby Taipion » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:38 am

Heffernan wrote:
chopivy wrote:
Pilgrims now gain:

3 Hunting & Hideworking for Butchering an animal part.
6 Hunting & Hideworking for liming a hide.

Liming a hide don't make lime hide but only gives H&H points.

can confirm

1) take a hide and a bucket of milk of lime
2) click on producing limed hide
3) you get points, but neither the bucket empties nor the hide vanishes or produces and limed hide.

So that's roughly 2 points per second if you constantly do this.
Whereas you could not constantly do this, if it were not broken.

This shows very good that the gain is a bit too low to even be noticeable, especially tasks like this, that can not be spammed indefinitely because of mats that need to be gathered first, should give a tiny bit more I'd say.

Also:

Any crafted item could give an appropriate tiny bit to the respective profession,
like for inspirationals it would be the highest it gives,
for all else the highest profession of the skill needed to craft it, if multiple skills are required take the sum of all profession of all required skills.

Any profession points for building something, profession(s) depending on what was needed to build it like the crafting I just said. # of points depending on how difficult/expensive it was to build it.

HnH for each hit you land/receive from an animal and for each animal you kill
Additional PP for darkness animals

HnH + SnS for butchering anything, wring neck, ...

SnC/HnS for filling a compost bin.

MnM for putting things into a stampmill and taking things out of a stampmill, more than the manual task, as this does not give you geodes n such and requires more advanced tech.

Crafting inspirationals could give a tiny tiny amount of inspiration. :D

SnC for cleaning cotton

SnC for application of fertilizer, better fertilizer means more points, much more ofc for crown manure(!) ¦]

HnN for completing a timber pile
HnN for taking a dry board off a timber pile
HnN for splitting a moldy board

LnL for paying upkeep, points dependent on the ammount and/or the % filled in relation to the max fill of the claim/town.

HnS for harvesting rare stuff out of a pot, much more than what that normally would give
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Thor » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:41 am

Taipion wrote:SnC for cleaning cotton

This would be quite a nice thing, but is it too much of a nice thing?
saltmummy wrote:You sad sad little man, my heart weeps for you. Better not go outside or your thin, tissue paper like skin might spontaneously rupture while your fragile sensibilities violently shatter spraying salt and urine all over the street.
Thor

Postby Taipion » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:37 pm

Thor wrote:
Taipion wrote:SnC for cleaning cotton

This would be quite a nice thing, but is it too much of a nice thing?

Definitely not, even if its 2-3 per cotton, would be still less than 2/sec which is ...not much, and you still need cotton to do it and it costs phlegm.
I'd say it would be still ok if it were 5-10 per second, so like 20-30 per cotton, all other ppgains could be higher as well.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Thor » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:47 pm

After minor farming I got about +300 SnC and +500 TnN. I'd suggest buffing values a bit since it's really not "rewarding" and doesn't really make anything feel less of a job (like I suppose JC was going for with this) even if you are a new player(?). For now it seems like it's just something in the side that doesn't really even matter. Would be interesting to hear what the starting players think.
Thor

Postby Nimmeth » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:48 pm

Looking forward to test this patch out :)
Scott Burton: You shall pay toll for passing the bridge, or else the Troll Below the bridge shall consume you!
Nimmeth
Customer

Postby Dallane » Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:22 pm

Claeyt wrote:I'd like to point out that this patch will make it even easier for new players to catch up to veterans who had to grind through so many inspi's just to get to where these guys can get.

I totally approve of this patch. I think it'll make it much easier for new players to get where we are.

Not even announcements are safe from Cleayt's retardation.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Brego » Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:58 pm

finally i can see good patch ,great work !
Madness
I would change everything in places, but to madness, I do not have enough strength
""I Love TRIBE ""
Tha Biddas "Dream Crusher"
Brego

Postby Zapt13 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:18 pm

Thor wrote:After minor farming I got about +300 SnC and +500 TnN. I'd suggest buffing values a bit since it's really not "rewarding" and doesn't really make anything feel less of a job (like I suppose JC was going for with this) even if you are a new player(?). For now it seems like it's just something in the side that doesn't really even matter. Would be interesting to hear what the starting players think.

I see this as a boon for starting players. 48 hours with no insanity, and a bonus to whatever you are specializing in. Spend a lot of time farming, then here's a break on S&C. Maybe you don't have to study so many strawmen or devil's worts, etc. I think it's something that will ease the experience for new players and doesn't give a significant advantage to established players. It might even speed things up on an expedition, or could be adjusted depending on the focus of each expedition.
Re-enter your signature!
Zapt13

Postby Kralith » Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:23 pm

Hmmm, is there a hidden rebalance of skill chances?
Per example H&S and +harvest to the pots.
There was like around 10% Chance to get the highest + for your skill level, but today i get 0%. Maybe only very unlucky?
Also the L&L bonus to townbell was more less than on the past add to.
Salem Wiki (PM me if you need help with editing)
Report corrections and new things here.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Kralith
Customer

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements