Salem V1.1 Passive Prof Gains

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Salem V1.1 Passive Prof Gains

Postby Lusewing » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:51 am

Love the patch! I cant wait to play with the tickling mechanic!
Do not argue with idiots, for they will pull you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Lusewing

Postby Arkadion » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:12 am

JohnCarver wrote: This thread's primary purpose will be about the MANY MANY cool and fun aspects of Salem that could be added to the passive proficiency gain system (as well as occasional tears from people who die to tickling or wrangling).

Nice patch. I don't know if the line above implies this, but could you make tickling and wrangling temper with the insanity meter? Remove/add some insanity on one use in, lets say, 10 minutes? :D The increase/decrease in insanity and the player who receives it should be random, so both the tickler and the "victim" should be unsure of the outcome.
Arkadion

Postby JohnCarver » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:14 am

Tickling does indeed lower the insanity of the tickler and increase the insanity of the person being tickled. That is explained in the skill pane once you unlock it. But good Idea :)
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Heffernan » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:16 am

JohnCarver wrote:Tickling does indeed lower the insanity of the tickler and increase the insanity of the person being tickled. That is explained in the skill pane once you unlock it. But good Idea :)

should limit it per person or time, else ppl can create alts, and use macros to tickle there alts all day till the alts die and there own insanity hits 0 :P
Heffernan

Postby Lusewing » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:18 am

Feathers break which helps make botting a little more complex.
Do not argue with idiots, for they will pull you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Lusewing

Postby Heffernan » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:18 am

Lusewing wrote:Feathers break which helps make botting a little more complex.

they only break when the other person moves, not with its successfull.
Heffernan

Postby JohnCarver » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:19 am

If players wish to kill alts for the sake of tickling them over and over again all to alleviate their own insanity... Then they are free to do so :). I shall quite enjoy seeing such things in the server logs.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Arkadion » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:26 am

JohnCarver wrote:Tickling does indeed lower the insanity of the tickler and increase the insanity of the person being tickled. That is explained in the skill pane once you unlock it. But good Idea :)

My bad, I fully read the skill pane just now. I think there is a small mistake in the last phrase: "...causes a large insanity hit to the him..."
Arkadion

Postby JohnCarver » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:30 am

Arkadion wrote:

My bad, I fully read the skill pane just now. I think there is a small mistake in the last phrase: "...causes a large insanity hit to the him..."

Ah yes, Typo. It should simply say a large insanity hit to him. If you interrupt somebody while they are tickling you it causes them to gain roughly the same insanity as if they tickled you 30 times.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Arkadion » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:43 am

JohnCarver wrote: If you interrupt somebody while they are tickling you it causes them to gain roughly the same insanity as if they tickled you 30 times.

I hope the final amount (30x) is less than 1/4 of a madness level, else the people afraid of madness will not use it, or will fear being tickled almost as much as being cursed. :lol:

The animation is very funny, good job!
Arkadion

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements