Dev Blog: Post Production Pondering

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Dev Blog: Post Production Pondering

Postby ToorimaKun » Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:22 pm

JohnCarver wrote:To be honest this is the hardest thing that I have been wrestling with mentally. On the one hand I get excited about the idea that almost all characters represent an 'investment' that is measurable with 'time/age'. On the other hand I absolutely hate being 'throttled' and having an arbitrary mechanic telling me that I can only be so strong so fast.

the best way to deal with this is make it more worth while to throw food and insperationals at a single char then creating an army of alts.

say for instance a char can steal things more often dependent on their max biles.... a 100 bile char could say only steal 1 item once a week... while a 600 bile char could steal say 10 items every 6 hours.
If you guys have questions about radar find me on steam, KiaKun.
sorry for the very late replies.... everyone i played salem with quit... and all my villages have been raided.
ToorimaKun

Postby HolyLight » Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:24 pm

Only problem with the whipping and criminals is the fact that most of them are able to stay online 24/7, thus instantly bypassing the stocks anyway (bypassing your mechanics again).

Its those who are able to play 24/7 seem to benifit from systems designed to stop them as it then stops anyone who are unable to play 24/7 from being able to use them.

I still strongly feel you should be able to physically kill a person in the stocks Due to so much whipping or beating / add new kinds of mechanics intented for players in the stocks, were that if enough evidence is brought against them within the timeframe of them being in the stocks they are then inturn hung for their crimes.

EDIT
On that note, if you really want to make the game fair you should force players to sleep for a period of time. For example, if you are logged in for 16h+ without sleeping/logging out, you should start to gain a fatigue meter, as the meter fills you start to gain insanity at a much faster rate, If you get a full fatigue meter, you die. You can reduce your fatigue meter ONLY BY SLEEPING (Logging off)(Reduces faster on better quality beds), This should stop people who are producing crime alts from just staying logged in 24/7 as they are able to play 24/7 and bypassing the stocks. All should be fair in love and war
Last edited by HolyLight on Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
HolyLight

Postby iordanis21 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:29 pm

Welcome back!

A million thanks to you and the whole Dev. team for your efforts in Salem!
iordanis21

Postby Lallaith » Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:35 pm

JohnCarver wrote:
remove the TBC entirely

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

plz!!!!
Lallaith

Postby Forungi » Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:48 pm

Welcome back John!

Harsher madness mechanics when? ¦]
Forungi

Postby Goodman12 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:52 pm

JohnCarver wrote:
remove the TBC entirely

Please,
WELCOME BACK JC!!!!!! :D
Riolic wrote:The only reason raids still happen is because Goodman is a stubborn *******.
The rest are just vets pk'ing newbs
Goodman12

Postby Procne » Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:51 pm

I remember the time when we were assured that funds were secured for marketing of Salem. Yet, there was no marketing done except for players spamming other forums. Anyone saw any Salem ad anywhere?

And for some reason Salem landed in Steam Greenlight's software category, not in Games, which require 100$ entry fee.

Considered many other MM shenanigans which have surfaced in recent months I hold little faith in those promises and walls of text
Procne

Postby ToorimaKun » Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:23 pm

Procne wrote:MM shenanigans which have surfaced in recent months

and there is more....
JohnCarver wrote: I cannot wait for you guys to find the 10 other mechanics I never told you about that are going to get you killed and punish you for failing to explore and tamper with all aspects of game mechanics.

in other words people are going to lose chars they spend MONTHS on to some thing they didn't know about and will probably think is a bug.... like the villages lost to the authority crap.
If you guys have questions about radar find me on steam, KiaKun.
sorry for the very late replies.... everyone i played salem with quit... and all my villages have been raided.
ToorimaKun

Postby er-queent8r » Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:09 pm

Welcome back JC! I have one request upon your return. Can you please create a special hat or item for Tool aka toorimakun? Maybe a baby bottle or bonnet since the most effective thing he does is cry and *****. If not it is ok. I will continue to ride his Ass into the ground.
pietin1 wrote:this was for JC only not his ass lickers.

Proud to be a JC ass licker!
er-queent8r

Postby Shrapnel » Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:15 pm

The feels in this blog, i think the first tears of happiness where shed this day.

Welcome back JC!
Shrapnel
Customer

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements