Dev Blog: Post Production Pondering

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Dev Blog: Post Production Pondering

Postby Tulgarath » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:09 pm

Said average player.. I played and left a few times... average lol.
Tulgarath

Postby jakhollin » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:11 pm

HolyLight wrote:
Claims to be a "new" player, joined March 2013

:lol: :lol: :lol:

There are some things new players need to really do befor playing salem, or risk getting hurt.

#1 Read all announcements since the games launch
#2 Read some guides
#3 Read all announcements again as you most likely forgot stuff
#4 Log into the game
#5 Come to the real game forums and have better fun.

Or they can ignore step #5 and have more fun because they don't read all the hate about how many people play and whining players and naysayer.
jakhollin

Postby HolyLight » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:33 pm

Tulgarath wrote:Said average player.. I played and left a few times... average lol.

Well as a long term avarage player, you seemed to compair yourself to a new player.

Unsure what to make of it tbh.
HolyLight

Postby jakhollin » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:17 pm

HolyLight wrote:
Tulgarath wrote:Said average player.. I played and left a few times... average lol.

Well as a long term avarage player, you seemed to compair yourself to a new player.

You can look at my account creation. It is when I played for about a month years ago. Only recently came back so you could also consider me a new player despite being a forum junky.
jakhollin

Postby Heffernan » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:33 pm

sad we missed events yesterday, guess well have to wait for marp and then we'll get a nice event for new players (i know since i created it :p)
Heffernan

Postby jakhollin » Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:03 am

Heffernan wrote:sad we missed events yesterday, guess well have to wait for marp and then we'll get a nice event for new players (i know since i created it :p)

Is there a couch and potato chips involved?
jakhollin

Postby Kralith » Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:04 am

Heffernan wrote:sad we missed events yesterday, guess well have to wait for marp and then we'll get a nice event for new players (i know since i created it :p)

Hey, we had a happy Lag hour yesterday, it was funny ¦]
Salem Wiki (PM me if you need help with editing)
Report corrections and new things here.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Kralith
Customer

Postby Tulgarath » Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:43 am

HolyLight wrote:

So. .you were short term elite player? You really do put up a big fight on the forums, it's odd because combat in game is just a different key stroke pattern. Guess we need a spell check equivalent for combat and then the forum warriors would stand a chance in game?? I bow down to you in all your greatness.
Tulgarath

Postby Claeyt » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:03 am

JohnCarver wrote:Frankly, I have always found it fascinating that a player base could care more about this metric than the developers themselves..

Kiia and L33LEE, I love you guys like my Asian adopted brothers, but for all of you long term players talking about how the game is dying, it's just not. You guys played the game when it was less than 200 daily's last world. It was much, much more dead than this. We're currently holding steady at 630-750 daily players (depending on the day) for the last month, which is 3x the amount we had last world a year and a half ago and 2x the amount we had before Popham. Yes we don't have those lofty 2500 daily players like we had at launch but it's holding steady in the 600's every single day which is waaaay more than we used to play with. NO game keeps up it's launch numbers like that.

We have new streamers like Marp and the other guy. I still see tons of new players coming from the advertising that was done and I'm fine with where it's at until the next server launch after someone "Wins" Popham. If we can keep growing for every new server launch then we have something pretty special.

The mistakes of Seatribe's launch of the new HnH and it's subscription fees is also leading to many old HnH players giving Salem a try, especially the Russians. I play late night sometimes and I've definitely noticed a big jump in Russian players around 3-5am which is kind of menacing I suppose (Sometimes it seems Rustatorium has 50-60 players at it from talking to them). They all seem to like the Salem changes and they think it's better than it was.

Unless the game drops to 200 daily it's more than where it was, so lighten up on the 'end of the world' everyone because it's just not true.
jorb wrote:(jwhitehorn) you are an ungrateful, spoiled child

As the river rolled over the cliffs, my own laughing joy was drowned out by the roaring deluge of the water. The great cataract of Darwoth's Tears fell over and over endlessly.
Claeyt

Postby Dallane » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:14 am

Claeyt wrote:The mistakes of Seatribe's launch of the new HnH and it's subscription fees

what mistakes? they have 1k+ subs
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements