Dev Blog: Post Production Pondering

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Dev Blog: Post Production Pondering

Postby Claeyt » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:48 am

Dallane wrote:
Claeyt wrote:The mistakes of Seatribe's launch of the new HnH and it's subscription fees

what mistakes? they have 1k+ subs

200 pages of player rage and Jorb admitting to mistakes being made on the rollout are probably proof enough for you, aren't they?

They had 2500+ daily last world's initial month.
jorb wrote:(jwhitehorn) you are an ungrateful, spoiled child

As the river rolled over the cliffs, my own laughing joy was drowned out by the roaring deluge of the water. The great cataract of Darwoth's Tears fell over and over endlessly.
Claeyt

Postby Dallane » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:50 am

Claeyt wrote:
Dallane wrote:
Claeyt wrote:The mistakes of Seatribe's launch of the new HnH and it's subscription fees

what mistakes? they have 1k+ subs

200 pages of player rage and Jorb admitting to mistakes being made on the rollout are probably proof enough for you, aren't they?

They had 2500+ daily last world's initial month.

For a indy game with almost zero hype they are doing very well for themselves

Stop derailing, there is a thread for hnh talk
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Whynot71012 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:06 am

8 pages of JC love and derailment and no one has mentioned this sentence from JC yet:

"The pile of drama and tears you guys left for me upon my return was amazing and I cannot wait for you guys to find the 10 other mechanics I never told you about that are going to get you killed and punish you for failing to explore and tamper with all aspects of game mechanics." ---- JC

Quick!!! Go find the other 10!
Whynot71012

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:14 am

Whynot71012 wrote:8 pages of JC love and derailment and no one has mentioned this sentence from JC yet:

If the "wrap your authority object" post from marp wasn't enough to tell you this, I don't think JC explicitly saying it will change much of anything. Some people explore and constantly tamper with things, others will always just plod along and accept things as they "always have been," even if it really isn't like it used to be.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby boytagbat » Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:33 am

Im one of those who suggested ppgain on marp's survey. Chores will soon have some form of achievement feel.
Even though you probably had this idea for a long time
Still, thanks for listening and giving what even the minority of the community wants :D
boytagbat
Customer

Postby Lilla » Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:34 pm

This game is amazing and I have learned so much that seemed so easy prior to playing. Sometimes just wandering through scenery I find a beautiful area that is then poisoned by snakes or what ever jumps out. I took for granted that men of old wandered and discovered things but at what cost is my thought now? The process of doing anything back then was hard and how easy it is today to open a fridge or throw something in the microwave.

Your blog was perfection in itself! Your take on the game and what you hope to establish has been set. Your right, one or 100 doesn't matter. The experience you take from the game is what matters. Everyone who puts their feet in to try has already learned something, "what's a leanto?"

Everyday there is something new I learn and it isn't a repetitive dungeon. To learn the art of killing something and hearing those nasty sounds is quite sickening but there are those that do that on a daily basis in real life, granted NOT ME! To learn in a game is enough for me.

Yes, I may be murdered again, or ransacked but I will turn on tracking again and go forth. All part of the game. The good the hurtful and the fullfillment!

This game has been an outstanding adventure and I want to thank you and the devs for giving those willing to try the experience.

Gawd, I hate rats!
Just me
Lilla

Previous

Return to Announcements