Don't be a fool - Wrap your Authority Object

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Don't be a fool - Wrap your Authority Object

Postby ToorimaKun » Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:41 am

Thor wrote:I disagree. Previously mentioned patches have made punishing criminals easier. Before TbC you'd have to siege criminals town and most likely endure braziers inside enemy territory while bashing layer after layer of walls to get to the correct leanto where you could summon said criminal. Developed players had a huge advantage after spending countless of hours creating a very large infrastructure and defences compared to the average joe they just destroyed. Oh, do I need to play the legacy card here too? Gap between criminal and avenger is WAY more narrow than it was before wipe and TbC.

IF that was how it worked yes... but criminals are NOT using their main chars... so in reality punishing them has gotten harder since the person they just nuked would most likely only have their main to try and siege their base to get at the MAIN char.

since the char they have sents for is a disposable
Thor wrote:crime alts that are ready in one or two days with quite little effort.

losing one of these alts is:
Thor wrote:Losing one isn't really a problem for me.

this is also one of the smaller problems with salem:
HolyLight wrote:Its just boring as ****.

there just isn't much resistance to be fearful of when it is just a two day char you are risking losing.

.... tho this leads to a bigger problem with the current state of authority objects when a two day char can come and wipe your village in a day that you have spent months building up.
If you guys have questions about radar find me on steam, KiaKun.
sorry for the very late replies.... everyone i played salem with quit... and all my villages have been raided.
ToorimaKun

Postby Darwoth » Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:18 pm

people have been using secondaries for pvp since day one, furthermore the "2 day crime alts" are the ones looting lean to's, not knocking over towns.

the entire point is tired and stupid, the average "crime alt" that hits anything of value is typically pushing a scalp score which is undoubtedly more than most of the people in this thread, it does not take long to build bstones nore does it take long to adjust wall placement, if that is you are so scared that you even feel the need to lay brick around every borderstone :lol: :lol: :lol:
Darwoth

Postby ToorimaKun » Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:46 pm

at this point i think im going to just have to abandon one of my villages and make a completely new one...
there just isn't enough clay here to fully rebuild all these damn brick walls....
If you guys have questions about radar find me on steam, KiaKun.
sorry for the very late replies.... everyone i played salem with quit... and all my villages have been raided.
ToorimaKun

Postby Darwoth » Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:26 pm

then use a clay trough or teleport bricks in, only newbs build towns around clay/lime pits :lol: :lol: :lol:
Darwoth

Postby Vexus » Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:46 am

Darwoth wrote:then use a clay trough or teleport bricks in, only newbs build towns around clay/lime pits :lol: :lol: :lol:

... while the carebear teleport mechanic is still in place, you are correct.
Vexus

Postby Kandarim » Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:39 am

Darwoth wrote:then use a clay trough or teleport bricks in, only newbs build towns around clay/lime pits :lol: :lol: :lol:

aside from the fact that JC has stated previously he would much rather do away with porting of goods.
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby Darwoth » Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:29 pm

and in which case it would still be more intelligent to drink some egg yolks and spend 5 minutes running a load of several hundred bricks back to your base instead of making a giant ***** in the middle/on the outskirts of it that once depleted is useless.
Darwoth

Postby HolyLight » Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:34 pm

Kandarim wrote:

aside from the fact that JC has stated previously he would much rather do away with porting of goods.

Darwoth, confirmed teleport carebear.
HolyLight

Postby Darwoth » Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:47 pm

must be confused as to what is carebear about teleports, quite the contrary in fact, which is why every pvp game of note had fast travel.

personally i would enjoy the ability to reset your map port as well for some kind of semi expensive investment.
Darwoth

Postby HolyLight » Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:00 pm

Darwoth wrote:must be confused as to what is carebear about teleports, quite the contrary in fact, which is why every pvp game of note had fast travel.

personally i would enjoy the ability to reset your map port as well for some kind of semi expensive investment.

Now with the fast travel system in place,

Personally i would enjoy if they removed all teleportation from the game, that includes even teleporting back to your homestead without items.

So basically only fast travel systems or horses etc.

What is your view on that?

However, i highly doubt they would ever make it so horses can pull carts, they will never introduce a **** ton of other functions and features along these lines to progress the game, so all in all whats the ***** point?
HolyLight

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements