Don't be a fool - Wrap your Authority Object

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Don't be a fool - Wrap your Authority Object

Postby ToorimaKun » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:12 am

Kandarim wrote:Why would i raid? the time and effort it takes me to create a character that can raid somewhat (let's say can take plank fence down in a reasonable time) can simply never weigh against what I could gain from such settlements.

HolyLight wrote:The only REASON to raid, is to piss of other players or get revenge (Using an alt), with TbC, as everyone knows it makes it pointless.

see... raiding just isn't worth the effort...

IF devas wanted "to cater to both sides here" then they could add purity back in to the game...
or do some thing like add a set number of movable non-destroyable idols that when placed near some thing gives an effect/buff.

say an idol that auto reduces the upkeep (to what ever its current lowest upkeep could be) of any field in its range when ever some thing is planted on it.

people that want the boost from an idol or as many idols as they can get their hands on can have these idols... but risk getting raided by other people that want these idols for them selves.
If you guys have questions about radar find me on steam, KiaKun.
sorry for the very late replies.... everyone i played salem with quit... and all my villages have been raided.
ToorimaKun

Postby HolyLight » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:21 am

At this point, they might be better off removing TBF / TBC, and just allow passive direct rading again. (Making autho object untouchable again)

Everything has been buffed and balanced.
Last edited by HolyLight on Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
HolyLight

Postby Heffernan » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:23 am

HolyLight wrote:At this point, they might would be better off removing TBF / TBC, and just allow passive direct rading again.

TBC i can agree but not TBF, how would u raid towns without TBF? simply attack them when everyones asleep and cant prepare? bad idea..
Heffernan

Postby HolyLight » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:24 am

Heffernan wrote:
HolyLight wrote:At this point, they might would be better off removing TBF / TBC, and just allow passive direct rading again.

TBC i can agree but not TBF, how would u raid towns without TBF? simply attack them when everyones asleep and cant prepare? bad idea..

By prepare you mean : have a chance at saving loot, get potentional at risk characters to a new safe location ?

With walls + building buffs, the warning is little.

If you had to break through 5-10 layers of brick walls to get into every little nock and cranny of a base, the warning given by a TBF is pathetic in the time it would actually take to RAID the village.

Make TBF become instantly active, when placed it removes everything within a 50x50 radius from it (no safe guarding it), and must be place a minimum of 100 tiles from a village border.
Last edited by HolyLight on Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
HolyLight

Postby Thor » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:25 am

It's matter of adjusting. I have set up a big production line to pump up crime alts that are ready in one or two days with quite little effort. Losing one isn't really a problem for me.
saltmummy wrote:You sad sad little man, my heart weeps for you. Better not go outside or your thin, tissue paper like skin might spontaneously rupture while your fragile sensibilities violently shatter spraying salt and urine all over the street.
Thor

Postby HolyLight » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:30 am

Thor wrote:It's matter of adjusting. I have set up a big production line to pump up crime alts that are ready in one or two days with quite little effort. Losing one isn't really a problem for me.

Who doesnt ?

Its just boring as ****.
HolyLight

Postby ToorimaKun » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:55 am

Thor wrote:It's matter of adjusting. I have set up a big production line to pump up crime alts that are ready in one or two days with quite little effort. Losing one isn't really a problem for me.

and this is pretty much how people get around the madness patch..... so now it is pretty much purely a troll patch that adds nothing to the game.
If you guys have questions about radar find me on steam, KiaKun.
sorry for the very late replies.... everyone i played salem with quit... and all my villages have been raided.
ToorimaKun

Postby LOMS » Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:13 am

Kandarim wrote:
HolyLight wrote:EDIT: This is under the asumption your personal plot is NOT 52x52 (Radius 105x105) Meaning, they cannot place any autho over the claimstone, meaning they cannot purchase it.
On the otherhand, if they wanted to troll you, they would just doughnut your pclaim with a Vclaim anyways, meaning you will be unable to play.

Not true: you only need one square of overlap between the townclaim and the pclaim in order to be able to eminent domain it.

False. You need to cover PCLAIM stone with VCLAIM area in order to eminent domain. Otherwise, you will get error message - you have no authority there.
LOMS

Postby Darwoth » Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:23 am

between sipo, aztec and kandarim arcadia are the biggest "veteran" newbs around.
Darwoth

Postby Thor » Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:24 am

I disagree. Previously mentioned patches have made punishing criminals easier. Before TbC you'd have to siege criminals town and most likely endure braziers inside enemy territory while bashing layer after layer of walls to get to the correct leanto where you could summon said criminal. Developed players had a huge advantage after spending countless of hours creating a very large infrastructure and defences compared to the average joe they just destroyed. Oh, do I need to play the legacy card here too? Gap between criminal and avenger is WAY more narrow than it was before wipe and TbC.
saltmummy wrote:You sad sad little man, my heart weeps for you. Better not go outside or your thin, tissue paper like skin might spontaneously rupture while your fragile sensibilities violently shatter spraying salt and urine all over the street.
Thor

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements