Don't be a fool - Wrap your Authority Object

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Don't be a fool - Wrap your Authority Object

Postby Thor » Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:28 am

:lol: :lol:
saltmummy wrote:You sad sad little man, my heart weeps for you. Better not go outside or your thin, tissue paper like skin might spontaneously rupture while your fragile sensibilities violently shatter spraying salt and urine all over the street.
Thor

Postby craigpick » Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:38 am

Darwoth wrote:
craigpick wrote:
Darwoth wrote:Image

you saying that you did not mail me? you want a map I will give you one before I leave, you want to try take my town , I let you know where it is, I send you a map, yes you might think I bs about defences, but I never seen you take a town with decent defences, I only offering you opportunity to be the best;) you not want to take the offer of a salemtime? I understand if you not want to try take town that not left gates open;)

yea I think I just shown you up for what you are;) the offer there before I leave, you only an open gate sort of guy? anyone want to see him try something with a few defences? I would have to give him praise if he won:(
craigpick
Customer

Postby Darwoth » Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:44 am

are you asking me to raid your town? sure give me a map and i might around to it eventually
Darwoth

Postby Taipion » Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:46 am

...now, if he could just explain how it works when the bell is simply not even visible if you even have just a basic town claim with low tier walls at the edge or 1 tile in, there is no way in hell you can see the bell.
Go on, tell me how!
¦]

On a more serious note, this "fix against spamming authority objects", as usual with MM, can easily be countered by... yea... you guessed it... spamming authority objects!
(That is, for a normal town, not one of those that is composed entirely of boundrystones and such.^^)

As there is no reason now to ever pay the bell again:
- spam boundrystones, overlapping is good
- give them walling where possible
- spam more and give them cheap walls if necessary
- try to have everything covered by multiple walled boundrystones
- if you cant stand to "re-arrange" your walls and defence, place many boundrystones with whatever walls you can afford on the outside (within your braziers/TPs range)
- place a boundry stone inside each brazier pocket, after the braziers ofc
= breaking boundrystones is futile
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby AmmaBoss » Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:19 am

This game have always been unfair and the dev make changes all the time that ***** over players.
AmmaBoss

Postby Vexus » Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:17 am

When I read the description of Trial by Fire, it says that anything under the Waste Claim can be destroyed.

I took that as you know... anything. As in Town Bell, Boundry Stone, Pclaim, ... you know, the definition of 'anything'.

I am surprised if this was anything new at any point. It seems only logical to me that if you TBF some town, it is literally then possible to destroy the entire town if that town does not defend itself.

I am also under the impression TBF will allow Pclaims to be destroyed. So yeah. Nothing in Salem is safe, which is why this game rocks.
Vexus

Postby ToorimaKun » Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:17 am

MarpTarpton wrote:Allowing the desturction of authority objects under a TBF doesn't undermine the concept as the defenses otherwise are far superior for bases properly built (with auth objects protected). The point of this was not to destroy peoples' towns. The point was to stop the rampant and otherwise protected spread of invincible auth objects the top towns easily and without repercussion propped up. That's pretty much it.

but it dose....

what you guys SHOULD have done:

better option would have been to make a new object... say a naked lady statue that makes an area around it that you can build border stones.
this object counts for a good bit of authority
boundary stones should count for very little.... if any.

this would then make it so a village trying to go for authority can build many statues...
and those of us that do not wish to bring the hammer of darwoth upon us can simple bash down the statue after we have placed our boundary stones.

as an added bonus this would make it so we don't have to waste building boundary stones that we have to bash down every other one along the way.

the majority of the player base doesn't give a damn about the stupid authority mechanic..... so authority objects and village defense should be two separate things.

craigpick wrote:I do devs think have got this wrong, the thing that makes it worse is you trying to defend your position,

+5

AmmaBoss wrote:This game have always been unfair and the dev make changes all the time that ***** over players.

nah... back in the old days it was mostly fair.
If you guys have questions about radar find me on steam, KiaKun.
sorry for the very late replies.... everyone i played salem with quit... and all my villages have been raided.
ToorimaKun

Postby MarpTarpton » Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:16 am

Vexus wrote:So yeah. Nothing in Salem is safe, which is why this game rocks.

Final point, not much left to say.
Procne wrote: Devs have again proven that they dont give a crap about untalented and lazy players.
MarpTarpton
Site Admin

Postby ToorimaKun » Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:43 am

MarpTarpton wrote:Final point, not much left to say.

one player out of how many?....

look at it this way.. in LoL you have to destroy each tower in a row... the towers behind each town is immune to damage until the tower in front of it is destroyed.
you can't bash down a gate then go strait for the nexus destroy it and then go beat on towers that will no longer shoot at you..... that would just be broken as ****....

not to mention the villages that have quit since the damn madness patch.... i don't have access to their claims so moving boundary stones behind their walls is going to be kinda hard... not to mention i probably can't even build in their claim.... so i would have to bash down their P-claim... and then they will probably die from the patch that chased them away because their homestead is set to their p-claim....

this patch creates MANY MANY MANY PROBLEMS..... it was a very lazy way to fix a small problem that only effected like 2 villages that gave a **** about a crappy mechanic that probably isn't even working right now because damn near all the stalls are empty any way...............
If you guys have questions about radar find me on steam, KiaKun.
sorry for the very late replies.... everyone i played salem with quit... and all my villages have been raided.
ToorimaKun

Postby HolyLight » Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:58 am

Well You could have done SO MANY different things with the towns tops 10 listings, instead you go for the most piss easy lazy ass solution, Seems like the normal thing across both developing groups if you ask me, ***** over alot of players, and reap the tears, Again the normal. The endless things you could have done here, but i guess you guys couldnt be bothered, afford or couldnt care about fixing it in a right way.

JC is no longer developing the game ever?

I bet as he made his exit (months ago) he put in this patch Laughed his ***** ass off and was OUTTA HERE.

Salem, The game of Tears.
HolyLight

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements