Don't be a fool - Wrap your Authority Object

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Don't be a fool - Wrap your Authority Object

Postby MarpTarpton » Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:30 pm

* Authority objects under Trial By Fire are destroyable regardless of there being silver in the bell.

A safe boundry stone is a happy boundry stone. Have fun!

Procne wrote: Devs have again proven that they dont give a crap about untalented and lazy players.
MarpTarpton
Site Admin

Re: Don't be a fool - Wrap your Authority Object

Postby MarpTarpton » Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:31 pm

The following may or may not be true. It's difficult to tell if JC's desk notes are real or just ideas. Either way, there's also this:

* Authority objects that are unprotected may be capable of contracting "Authority Diseases"
* Siphilitic Discharge - Drains silver at a slightly faster rate.
* Crumbling Cooties - Creates holes in Town Claim area of influence for the effected Authority Object.
* The Itch - Increases chance of a town member contracting itchy britches.
* Sick authority objects show with a blue-ish tint. Cures unlock with Really Lucky.

User warned for this post. Do not troll in the Announcements thread. - Marp
Procne wrote: Devs have again proven that they dont give a crap about untalented and lazy players.
MarpTarpton
Site Admin

Postby Procne » Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:39 pm

It's not even funny
Procne

Postby Heffernan » Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:40 pm

Procne wrote:It's not even funny

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=15763

edit: u can see this is a joke by Marp only having plankwalls around the object, no brickwall, doors, braziers or torchposts to fortify it.
Heffernan

Postby Kandarim » Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:47 pm

To continue the dicussion from the HoB thread, I think its major gist was this: regardless of whether Darwoth gets additional info (Which, for the record, I disbelieve, as should anyone who still has a shred of confidence in JC), we feel that such a major change in raid mechanics merited a patch note.

I'm just fine with patch notes being cryptic. You would have gotten a good laugh out of me for the title of this. I'd have been more or less fine with it if you had said something along the line of
'don't be a fool - wrap your authority object. Unprotected authority objects are no longer as safe as they used to be.'
That's cryptic.

Yet you creating an announcement thread on this after it is unveiled, only points to the fact that you feel this is a change that *should* be announced. Don't act surprised that we do not believe that such an important change to the raiding system is "forgotten" from the patch notes, after all the care you developers have taken in trying to balance the raiding system.
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby MarpTarpton » Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:50 pm

Heffernan wrote:
Procne wrote:It's not even funny

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=15763

edit: u can see this is a joke by Marp only having plankwalls around the object, no brickwall, doors, braziers or torchposts to fortify it.

It's not a joke. Plank walls are tough cookies. But yes, there are much better ways of fortifying than this. I just took a screenshot of an existing protected authority object already out in the world. But I'm not here to instruct people on the best way to defend themselves. That is not the purpose of our announcements. They are courtesies so players can track changes or be informed on goings on.

Kandarim wrote:Yet you creating an announcement thread on this after it is unveiled, only points to the fact that you feel this is a change that *should* be announced. Don't act surprised that we do not believe that such an important change to the raiding system is "forgotten" from the patch notes, after all the care you developers have taken in trying to balance the raiding system.

I'm not following your logic. Do you think we just did this recently?
MarpTarpton
Site Admin

Postby RobertoKarlos » Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:55 pm

Good job! a refreshing patch after all this tiem without updates :)
RobertoKarlos

Postby the_truth » Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:11 pm

And now he's trolling. What a shame.
the_truth

Postby Heffernan » Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:11 pm

Blood wrote:I think i should also mention since the other thread is locked that people playing the game do indeed have knowledge of mechanics months before they are implemented and its not a big stretch that darworth has knowledge due to being allied with chief and living in same state as him. When i was in Helmdeep we had knowledge of new mining mechanics(mouser boasting about being on test server), witch mechanics, new mobs, farming updates, tailoring updates. I know this will **** the dev team off but i don't care atm you still haven't learnt not to tell current players what your about to develop. oh and one final tid bit jc used to give store tools to his friends for a measly ingame silver of 1k per $10 item, i loved seeing that **** /sarcasm.

to be honest Marp is a nice guy here trying to solve stuff, but really JC has pushing some bad stuff not even talking about madness or anything but this is a harsh change that could destroy some of the biggest towns and i hope will get reverted.

on another note Darwoth owns lots of couches and i dont :(
Heffernan

Postby Thor » Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:17 pm

saltmummy wrote:You sad sad little man, my heart weeps for you. Better not go outside or your thin, tissue paper like skin might spontaneously rupture while your fragile sensibilities violently shatter spraying salt and urine all over the street.
Thor

Next

Return to Announcements