Don't be a fool - Wrap your Authority Object

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Don't be a fool - Wrap your Authority Object

Postby Claeyt » Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:19 am

Blood wrote:Oh and Marp we all have known about the walls for ages iron, darkness etc. You guys can pretend all you want everything is fine but in the beginning this game had real progress then something went wrong and the development path went just off the track implementing **** like new animals instead of new industries and stifling of all pvp. At this point i no longer care about salem development it is obvious that JC has no idea what to do and listens to the wrong people, the Steam situation is a failure and then the launch of popham with the miserable turnout , the complete ***** with the animals and then pretending to be a faction to encourage pvp was a joke. This ship is burning i would prefer people realize this before wasting their time here.

Oh and that fake ass server status is a really big insult especially when i log in to providence and watch these 700+ people logging in doing trading oh wait theres no one in town 99% of the time and all stalls barely have anything in them. Ok ive had my say now cue the die-hard fanbois.

Can someone share the Iron wall/Darkness info? This also seems important if it's now a mechanic in the game.

Why is the Steam thing a failure? Didn't they skip Steam?

Popham led to over 2400 people playing daily for a few weeks. and well over 1000 for months. We're down to 700-800 daily players but that's still twice as much as we had last Spring. Why is everyone hating on the numbers. They seem to be holding steady at around 650-800 daily which is waaay more than we use to have. I'm sure there'll be more after HnH gets old and a new expedition gets started.

I agree the animals could have been easier to raise and get back to providence. this authority object roll-out seems to be a mistake. I don't mind that he tried playing Popham. He lost out and was killed. That says something about how it was run. Log on around 5 am your time there'll be 5-10 Russian in town trading probably. They seem to be back.

I'm sorry you feel this way Blood. We miss your awesome tailoring skills. I hope you change your mind.

Rubberduckbandit wrote:Are you proud that you're hated so much that they made a cap that is a bad thing named after you, and once again you talk from your ass with no facts you aren't the only one with a cowbell you special snowflake.

I am sort of proud that I was able to troll JC enough that he felt it necessary to make the absolute first thing he developed in this game a hat for me even if it is a nerfed hat.

I am both hated and loved. My beauty is that of both the disease and the cure... in one.

Who else has a cowbell? I'll buy it.
jorb wrote:(jwhitehorn) you are an ungrateful, spoiled child

As the river rolled over the cliffs, my own laughing joy was drowned out by the roaring deluge of the water. The great cataract of Darwoth's Tears fell over and over endlessly.
Claeyt

Postby Nikixos » Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:41 am

You won't have mine. And plenty were given with the event of posting about salem in gaming forums,
at least 8. That is the reason they got nerfed to no change biome status
Image Image
Nikixos

Postby HolyLight » Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:13 am

Claeyt wrote:Not only am I the only owner of a 'Claeyt's Cap' but as far as I know I'm still the only one with a Cowbell Musical instrument.

Actually i know of a person (not you) who owns a cowbell.
HolyLight

Postby wiatrak » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:05 am

Thank you JC and Marp that you have finally pulled me off this game, its funny how you introduced the patch and my place was raided in less than 6 hours from that while i was sleeping.
Thats also another point to not support any game creators because of **** like that, i hope your players counter gets down uber fast.
wiatrak
Customer

Postby ToorimaKun » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:10 am

Blood wrote:oh wait theres no one in town 99% of the time

no one in town is a bigger deal then they seem to realize.

Claeyt wrote:We're down to 700-800 daily players but that's still twice as much as we had last Spring. Why is everyone hating on the numbers. They seem to be holding steady at around 650-800 daily which is waaay more than we use to have.

1st: he is referring to the opinion that the numbers are not completely accurate.
for instance the 700 active people maybe actually be 700 logins... counting some people multiple times as they login and out threw out the day.

2nd:
even if these 700 active people are individual people and not counted more then once.... the mass majority of them are loggin in to feed turkeys, check their bell up keep and make sure there isn't a waste claim over them.... then they log out for the day.

they aren't actually playing the game... they are just managing their stuff hoping that the game will some day get better again.
If you guys have questions about radar find me on steam, KiaKun.
sorry for the very late replies.... everyone i played salem with quit... and all my villages have been raided.
ToorimaKun

Postby Kandarim » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:17 am

ToorimaKun wrote:they aren't actually playing the game... they are just managing their stuff hoping that the game will some day get better again.

welp, there's at least five accounts of mine in that count just for that purpose :)
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby Procne » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:18 am

How are people actually getting raided because of this change? Do they place authority objects providing vclaim coverage for the walls outside those walls? If so - that's just sloppy design.
Procne

Postby wiatrak » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:20 am

well it would be fine if we'd atleast that 24 hours to respond, i didn't get a chance to do anything.
wiatrak
Customer

Postby alloin » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:43 am

Darwoth will enjoy his single-player-co-op game once most of us have left this abomination.
jorb wrote:all I see is misplaced machismo and a lot of very cheap talk. ^^

Darwat confirmed scrub!
alloin
Customer

Postby ToorimaKun » Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:01 am

Procne wrote:How are people actually getting raided because of this change? Do they place authority objects providing vclaim coverage for the walls outside those walls? If so - that's just sloppy design.

in the past it wouldn't matter... and would allow you to say claim over a small lime pit so that only your villagers could use it.

so the claim stone you put mostly to keep people from ruining the lime pit near your village could say be the only claim over part of your village wall..... so with this change it dose make this design choice sloppy.... sadly.... :(
If you guys have questions about radar find me on steam, KiaKun.
sorry for the very late replies.... everyone i played salem with quit... and all my villages have been raided.
ToorimaKun

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements