Don't be a fool - Wrap your Authority Object

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Don't be a fool - Wrap your Authority Object

Postby NeiroShop » Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:28 am

ToorimaKun wrote:
NeiroShop wrote:A simple & effective way wouldve been just to simply make the top 10 towns have destroyable authority objects except the bells. Problem solved.

that could have worked... tho people would be trying as hard as they could to stay out of the top 10 >.< haha
maybe make it the top 5... let the bottom 5 just have to deal with poop claims

thatd be fine to stay out of the top 10. Top 10 puts a target on your back anyway. If i recall Darwoth gave bounties for top10 towns that he didnt know about.
NeiroShop

Postby HolyLight » Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:38 am

Tulgarath wrote:
Heffernan wrote:but... horses can already pull carts :shock:

And crickets too!

I stand somewhat corrected, on reading these posts i had to try it out. When did this go in? Im sure this wasnt possible pre popham.

1) You should be able to attach a horse / cricket to the cart
2) When attached they do not run off or despawn
3) When attached requires a food source (Maybe a new type of cart that also holds food)
4) Fix the bug with crossing between paved / unpaved.
5) Remove teleportation to make this actually worth while

Otherwise pretty decent.
HolyLight

Postby alloin » Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:42 am

HolyLight wrote:
Tulgarath wrote:
Heffernan wrote:but... horses can already pull carts :shock:

And crickets too!

I stand somewhat corrected, on reading these posts i had to try it out. When did this go in? Im sure this wasnt possible pre popham.

3) When attached requires a food source (Maybe a new type of cart that also holds food)

Otherwise pretty decent.

This is possible since ages,
There is also a bug which allows you to pull a cart at full speed, even on a cricket. My group reported that bug ages ago, hasn't been fixed yet.
jorb wrote:all I see is misplaced machismo and a lot of very cheap talk. ^^

Darwat confirmed scrub!
alloin
Customer

Postby HolyLight » Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:53 am

alloin wrote:
HolyLight wrote:I stand somewhat corrected, on reading these posts i had to try it out. When did this go in? Im sure this wasnt possible pre popham.

Otherwise pretty decent.

This is possible since ages,
There is also a bug which allows you to pull a cart at full speed, even on a cricket. My group reported that bug ages ago, hasn't been fixed yet.

Maybe i was trying it wrong everything time i tried to do it.

Yea noticed the bug that if you start pulling why on the pavement, you retain fullspeed even if you move onto unpaved. (instantly noticed)

Also the cart getting stuck, and the horse/cricket not being attached really turns me off as well.

Seems like a sloppy, half-assed, rushed implimentation.
Last edited by HolyLight on Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
HolyLight

Postby Judaism » Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:54 am

The top 10 list will drop significantly in average points, back to 5000-15000 authority towns. The current top 10 towns will either lose most of their boundaries or will be pernament poopclaimed (which is fairly easy to achieve now).

This patch itself is fairly good, boundaries and other town assets should be protected. I have seen great suggestions from i.e. Pilgrim (he came up with a more balanced and yet intensive way to deal with boundary stones months ago) sadly they have picked the easy way and just made them destroyable without any game around. The only thing which really bothers me is that they have yet again implemented changes without a fair warning, it should had been properly announced so that the people had some time adjust in advance (as they have done with previous things, such as scents and flags etc).

There was still a 2nd line of security in placement, which was the waste-claim. Would it be known, not even far in advance they would still have a day to fix it. I feel sorry for the people that actually noticed the waste-claim and thought to be safe to see their town removed later.

I feel stupid for not realising the mistake, Whiskers was the first victim in my knowledge that had this mechanic used against him.

24 august (couple days after the raid)
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby ToorimaKun » Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:24 pm

NeiroShop wrote:Top 10 puts a target on your back anyway.

exactly

people would try to avoid being in the top 10 at all costs.... so that their border stones don't get destroyed while under waste claim....
and really there are only 3 villages that i know of that are actively trying to push their authority up.... the rest are only up there as a by product of expanding their village.

so again i would say top 5.... other wise we will have a crap load of villages with only a bell because a single boundary stone would put you in the top 10.
If you guys have questions about radar find me on steam, KiaKun.
sorry for the very late replies.... everyone i played salem with quit... and all my villages have been raided.
ToorimaKun

Postby LOMS » Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:53 am

ToorimaKun wrote:so again i would say top 5.... other wise we will have a crap load of villages with only a bell because a single boundary stone would put you in the top 10.

This is an overstatement. I'm even not sure if you're playing stupid, derailing our precious discussion about "how bad is making sneaky major patches in game mechanics" and "how really bad is this patch on the whole", or you really think so. Sane active town will not offer it's position in top 10 to anyone like this. Top 10 worth it.
LOMS

Postby ToorimaKun » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:58 am

unbreakable security objects > silver from top 10

I don't know about you but i would much rather have my village be safer then risk some one destroying the bell, taking it over and claiming every thing inside. :/
not to mention that once they trow down their new bell you wont be able to get out of the village so your char will die.

if building just one border stone would put me in the top 10 (causing my bell to be breakable) i wouldn't build it.... i would rather pay for a 2nd bell.
If you guys have questions about radar find me on steam, KiaKun.
sorry for the very late replies.... everyone i played salem with quit... and all my villages have been raided.
ToorimaKun

Postby Darwoth » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:36 am

ToorimaKun wrote:Image
Darwoth

Postby Trismegistus » Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:31 am

ToorimaKun wrote:unbreakable security objects > silver from top 10

I don't know about you but i would much rather have my village be safer then risk some one destroying the bell, taking it over and claiming every thing inside. :/
not to mention that once they trow down their new bell you wont be able to get out of the village so your char will die.

if building just one border stone would put me in the top 10 (causing my bell to be breakable) i wouldn't build it.... i would rather pay for a 2nd bell.

Self-described Ubercarebear.

If we're being serious, don't you think receiving taxes from in-game sales should require that you play the game and defend your position?
Trismegistus

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements