Don't be a fool - Wrap your Authority Object

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Don't be a fool - Wrap your Authority Object

Postby Whynot71012 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:04 am

Vexus wrote:When I read the description of Trial by Fire, it says that anything under the Waste Claim can be destroyed.

I took that as you know... anything. As in Town Bell, Boundry Stone, Pclaim, ... you know, the definition of 'anything'.

I am surprised if this was anything new at any point. It seems only logical to me that if you TBF some town, it is literally then possible to destroy the entire town if that town does not defend itself.

I am also under the impression TBF will allow Pclaims to be destroyed So yeah. Nothing in Salem is safe, which is why this game rocks.

Any word on if the bold red part is true? I was under the impression that the TBF is against the town, so if the town goes down a pclaim would still protect the individual claims within the town? Am I totally wrong? Any insight is appreciated. Thanks!
Whynot71012

Postby HolyLight » Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:12 am

Whynot71012 wrote:
Vexus wrote:When I read the description of Trial by Fire, it says that anything under the Waste Claim can be destroyed.

I took that as you know... anything. As in Town Bell, Boundry Stone, Pclaim, ... you know, the definition of 'anything'.

I am surprised if this was anything new at any point. It seems only logical to me that if you TBF some town, it is literally then possible to destroy the entire town if that town does not defend itself.

I am also under the impression TBF will allow Pclaims to be destroyed So yeah. Nothing in Salem is safe, which is why this game rocks.

Any word on if the bold red part is true? I was under the impression that the TBF is against the town, so if the town goes down a pclaim would still protect the individual claims within the town? Am I totally wrong? Any insight is appreciated. Thanks!

You would most likely be right that Waste claims are only against a village, however without a town bell OR border stones to protect your personal claim, it means the attackers May lay down a NEW Town bell (Cover your pClaim under their new authority) and purchase your pclaim from under your feet using the function Eminent domain. Meaning you will lose the personal claim and everything inside, and if it is a rather elaborate plot of land with huge time invested, lots of silver value inside, it would have been worth the whole endevour.
HolyLight

Postby Whynot71012 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:19 am

HolyLight wrote:
Whynot71012 wrote:
Vexus wrote:
You would most likely be right that Waste claims are only against a village, however without a town bell OR border stones to protect your personal claim, it means the attackers May lay down a NEW Town bell (Cover your pClaim under their new authority) and purchase your pclaim from under your feet using the function Eminent domain. Meaning you will lose the personal claim and everything inside, and if it is a rather elaborate plot of land with huge time invested, lots of silver value inside, it would have been worth the whole endevour.

The TBF allows the attacker to destroy the town by making the town bell attackable? So if the town bell is located in a pclaim the normal rules of trespassing and wasting then take over and the attacker would have to then break into the pclaim in order to get to the bell? Sorry I just wanted to clarify how this works, please correct me and add any info necessary. Thank you!
Whynot71012

Postby HolyLight » Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:35 am

Whynot71012 wrote:The TBF allows the attacker to destroy the town by making the town bell attackable? So if the town bell is located in a pclaim the normal rules of trespassing and wasting then take over and the attacker would have to then break into the pclaim in order to get to the bell? Sorry I just wanted to clarify how this works, please correct me and add any info necessary. Thank you!

Under these new**** rules a TBF allows all Autho objects to be destroyed, including the bell apparently.

Of course, the bell has a 50x50 radius from its center, and if inside a personal plot of land, the attacker would have to break inside your pclaim and remove the village bell why you are under a waste claim. (leaving scents, trigging braziers etc)

After removing the bell, they could remove the TBF, Place a new bell outside your personal claim, purchase your personal claim, and not only have stolen all your items, taken ALL your land + home.

You will be left nakid, in providence, with nothing. I mean NADA.

This has been done many times in the past in the respect of, players using a town bell to purchase unprotected pclaims. This investment was done to steal bases in desired locations without any effort of actually building the base, It is one of the key reasons villages are so important due to the Eminent domain function and being able to loose whole pclaims + all the effort in building them to a simple village bell.

For every way to defend your base, there are 3 ways for them to troll you.

EDIT: This is under the asumption your personal plot is NOT 52x52 (Radius 105x105) Meaning, they cannot place any autho over the claimstone, meaning they cannot purchase it.
On the otherhand, if they wanted to troll you, they would just doughnut your pclaim with a Vclaim anyways, meaning you will be unable to play.
Last edited by HolyLight on Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
HolyLight

Postby ToorimaKun » Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:40 am

they increased the cost of building a bell to combat this.... not sure if that was the best way to combat bell stealing... but was a move in the right direction........ one of the few things they have done right.
If you guys have questions about radar find me on steam, KiaKun.
sorry for the very late replies.... everyone i played salem with quit... and all my villages have been raided.
ToorimaKun

Postby HolyLight » Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:43 am

ToorimaKun wrote:they increased the cost of building a bell to combat this.... not sure if that was the best way to combat bell stealing... but was a move in the right direction........ one of the few things they have done right.

The "increased cost" as you damn right know is marginal.

It makes it harder for NEW players to get, Established vet players its a piss in the ocean.
HolyLight

Postby Thor » Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:46 am

Devs need to cater to both sides here: raiders and defenders. Don't ever expect your town to be totally unraidable even though defender always has the upper hand in sieges.
saltmummy wrote:You sad sad little man, my heart weeps for you. Better not go outside or your thin, tissue paper like skin might spontaneously rupture while your fragile sensibilities violently shatter spraying salt and urine all over the street.
Thor

Postby ToorimaKun » Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:49 am

HolyLight wrote:The "increased cost" as you damn right know is marginal.

It makes it harder for NEW players to get, Established vet players its a piss in the ocean.

well as i said probably not the best way... but at least an attempt to fix a problem was made that wasn't completely troll.

Thor wrote:Devs need to cater to both sides here: raiders and defenders. Don't ever expect your town to be totally unraidable even though defender always has the upper hand in sieges.

1: Darwoth is a good example that raiding is not broken.... he is only ONE player and is raiding just fine.
2: as i have stated a many times in the last week or two... the problem with raiding is there is nothing worth raiding for.... unless you want to try and take darwoths couches from him. :/
3: the people i have seen griping about raiding being too hard are people i know only want to raid people just to cause grief... they HAD plenty of stuff... till a couple days ago.. now it belongs to darworth.
If you guys have questions about radar find me on steam, KiaKun.
sorry for the very late replies.... everyone i played salem with quit... and all my villages have been raided.
ToorimaKun

Postby Kandarim » Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:59 am

HolyLight wrote:EDIT: This is under the asumption your personal plot is NOT 52x52 (Radius 105x105) Meaning, they cannot place any autho over the claimstone, meaning they cannot purchase it.
On the otherhand, if they wanted to troll you, they would just doughnut your pclaim with a Vclaim anyways, meaning you will be unable to play.

Not true: you only need one square of overlap between the townclaim and the pclaim in order to be able to eminent domain it.

also, this:
ToorimaKun wrote:2: as i have stated a many times in the last week or two... the problem with raiding is there is nothing worth raiding for.... unless you want to try and take darwoths couches from him. :/

Why would i raid? the time and effort it takes me to create a character that can raid somewhat (let's say can take plank fence down in a reasonable time) can simply never weigh against what I could gain from such settlements.
And if the thrill of the hunt is the only thing to be gained from raiding, well than it won't be for me (as it has never been :) /carebear)
Last edited by Kandarim on Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby HolyLight » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:00 am

Thor wrote:Devs need to cater to both sides here: raiders and defenders. Don't ever expect your town to be totally unraidable even though defender always has the upper hand in sieges.

The only REASON to raid, is to piss of other players or get revenge (Using an alt), with TbC, as everyone knows it makes it pointless. (You need disposeable alts if you cannot play 24/7)

You may not know but there was a time i was an avid raider, wrecking havoc across a server, bringing justice to many.

TbC ruined raiding and crime, NOT border stones. Everyone with half a brain cell knows this, everyone also knows they could have done a huge range of things to counter border stone spamming, but as the devs befor them they decided to go with the "Little effort, Max Tears" option.

Kandarim wrote:
HolyLight wrote:EDIT: This is under the asumption your personal plot is NOT 52x52 (Radius 105x105) Meaning, they cannot place any autho over the claimstone, meaning they cannot purchase it.

Not true: you only need one square of overlap between the townclaim and the pclaim in order to be able to eminent domain it.

Guess we were lucky / Always done it without knowing. When we always Done it we would just click on the claimstone. (There were a few pclaims that also slipped through our fingers then, unless it changed?)

With this knowledge, it makes the game even more worthless / pointless.
HolyLight

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements