Hide Yo' Kids, Hide Yo' Livestock *Salem V.1.0.4*

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Hide Yo' Kids, Hide Yo' Livestock *Salem V.1.0.4*

Postby pistolshrimp » Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:48 pm

+1 The Ark was a great idea.
pistolshrimp

Postby lachlaan » Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:49 pm

While a great idea in theory, I worry about a couple of eventualities.

First possibility : 4 factions do 80% of the work as best they can, nobody else cares, said factions get no reward if server pops prematurely because animals weren't incentivized hard enough or the server population is just too apathetic to care. Seems a sad prospect to have some people's hard work not rewarded due to other people's attitudes.

I thought I'd have more to list but basically the first one sums up all elements. Apathy, slackerness (or just general decision that the benefits don't warrant putting in craptons of work for the ark only to risk it not being done in time), or just general piggybacking on someone else's effort.
Exactly 6.022 x 10^23 worth of Lach molecules.
lachlaan
Customer

Postby Dallane » Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:44 pm

lachlaan wrote:While a great idea in theory, I worry about a couple of eventualities.

First possibility : 4 factions do 80% of the work as best they can, nobody else cares, said factions get no reward if server pops prematurely because animals weren't incentivized hard enough or the server population is just too apathetic to care. Seems a sad prospect to have some people's hard work not rewarded due to other people's attitudes.

I thought I'd have more to list but basically the first one sums up all elements. Apathy, slackerness (or just general decision that the benefits don't warrant putting in craptons of work for the ark only to risk it not being done in time), or just general piggybacking on someone else's effort.

Do you know what it takes to get T2 or 3 witch?
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby lachlaan » Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:47 pm

I do not, sadly :( But I'm just saying, some people could put in 50% of the work to get 5% of the total shipped animals out of it. Or to have everyone else put together not get over the remaining 50%. Fair enough though, I'll just wait it out and see how it plays out :P
Exactly 6.022 x 10^23 worth of Lach molecules.
lachlaan
Customer

Postby Dallane » Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:59 pm

lachlaan wrote:I do not, sadly :( But I'm just saying, some people could put in 50% of the work to get 5% of the total shipped animals out of it. Or to have everyone else put together not get over the remaining 50%. Fair enough though, I'll just wait it out and see how it plays out :P

Thats the nature of the group quest. We work together to meet a goal. Not everyone has the same resources. There is more than enough time to get everything together to beat a witch to end of the world. It's not going to happen for some time.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby JohnCarver » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:54 pm

Heffernan wrote:so much for bugfixes :(

There were plenty of bugfixes in there. Which ones did you want fix'd that I missed?
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Heffernan » Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:06 pm

JohnCarver wrote:
Heffernan wrote:so much for bugfixes :(

There were plenty of bugfixes in there. Which ones did you want fix'd that I missed?

for example when i put my suit on a puppet and get it back half of them is in my inventory as the Adventurers vest goes into chest slot instead of armor slot :p

also the bugreport bug has alot of pvp bugs like crimefree looting puppets of clothing.
Heffernan

Postby JohnCarver » Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:08 pm

Heffernan wrote:also the bugreport bug has alot of pvp bugs like crimefree looting puppets of clothing.

JohnCarver wrote:*Changing clothes on a Mannequin is now a larceny crime if you do not have permissions on the claim it is on.

So you are saying I got everything. Good to know and glad I could be so perfect :).
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Heffernan » Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:14 pm

Heffernan wrote:you can open shop boxes in other peoples inventory without committing crimes :s

Heffernan wrote:Golden Egg Weight: 0.50kg
Golden Brick of Biddas Weight: 5.00kg

Heffernan wrote:also STILL not fixed if you have a toolbelt with axe and shovel it tears down a tree with a axe and then then stump ALSO with the axe altho the axe tears a stump at 3% and a shovel at 10%

Heffernan wrote:i opened a "Candy Basket" that was in someones leanto in there inventory, and it didnt commit a crime or use black bile tho i got the contents.

Heffernan wrote:pretty bad (does jc still read thos thread?)
if you wear a general shirt of any type and as armor slot "Adventurers Vest" and put it on a mannequin and get it back it wears the Adventurers Vest on Shirt slow and puts the shirt in inventory (didnt we have this with priest stole?)
/bughat

Heffernan wrote:pretty big bug
when hunting animals and you get ur bones broken u go slower, and if ur now overweight u are even ALOT slower, but when u pick up the animal and carry it over ur head u have normal walking speed instead of being overweight
/bughat

picked mine from the bugthread :p
Heffernan

Postby JohnCarver » Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:15 pm

Why would I fix bugs when I can make pinatas.

Stop being so silly.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements