Hide Yo' Kids, Hide Yo' Livestock *Salem V.1.0.4*

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Hide Yo' Kids, Hide Yo' Livestock *Salem V.1.0.4*

Postby TotalyMeow » Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:05 pm

John did look at the population and general productivity of the server before deciding on the amount of materials to require. So, you can assume that people are just being lazy and hoping someone else will put the ark together. :P
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby KruskDaMangled » Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:17 pm

I know many towns and groups are also run like security states, so the outlay of resources that could be used for greater security, is anathema to them.
KruskDaMangled

Postby Vexus » Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:25 pm

KruskDaMangled wrote:I know many towns and groups are also run like security states, so the outlay of resources that could be used for greater security, is anathema to them.

Which is why this Ark idea is so beautiful. Forcing you to either do all the work, or cooperate with your enemy to achieve a shared goal, or choose to sabotage the effort. So good. I only wish wish wish you had to 'cart' in materials and couldn't just safely and securely alt-port everything. Popham is small enough to do away with the town porting mechanic and have people transport stuff the hard/risky way.
Vexus

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:12 am

Vexus wrote: Popham is small enough to do away with the town porting mechanic and have people transport stuff the hard/risky way.

Don't give them ideas. They might just put them to use the next server.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Heffernan » Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:27 am

i want a server 10% of popham this should be fun.
Heffernan

Postby TotalyMeow » Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:30 am

MagicManICT wrote:
Vexus wrote: Popham is small enough to do away with the town porting mechanic and have people transport stuff the hard/risky way.

Don't give them ideas. They might just put them to use the next server.

:lol: We were going to do this, but decided against it. People are too attached to the teleport. Maybe some time in the future if we can have wagons or something.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Vexus » Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:41 am

Yeah I know, and I totally see it working. There is no reason to make a road to town right now, because you can teleport. Imagine people will have to make roads, and put up signs (East to X, South to X, North to Popham, etc). Ahh ... so good. That would make the game perfect - and yes, I am talking about that mechanic on Providence as well. No need for someone to be on the other side of the map but still be able to stage their raids directly out of common teleported-to areas.

Folks who are holed up on an island, for example, would be able to then be blockaded from getting to town...

In order to do this, I think, you need to make the town more worthwhile to go to (Hookah is a pretty good step in that direction) as well as make the economy more important (either raising the cost of claims/towns or allowing most every item to be sold to the NPCs, although I hate NPCs as well, it is at least a way to bolster the need to transport goods great distances for profit).
Vexus

Postby Nagualcina » Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:39 pm

Vexus wrote:Yeah I know, and I totally see it working. There is no reason to make a road to town right now, because you can teleport. Imagine people will have to make roads, and put up signs (East to X, South to X, North to Popham, etc). Ahh ... so good. That would make the game perfect - and yes, I am talking about that mechanic on Providence as well. No need for someone to be on the other side of the map but still be able to stage their raids directly out of common teleported-to areas.

Wurm have this way of transportation and trade, work like charm and add whole new layer of gaming, even have dedicated carriers.
Nagualcina

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:16 am

I know JC and the Seatribe guys still talk a bit, so I am curious if they're talking about the changes being made for the next version of Haven and if the travel changes could be implemented into Salem. I'm not sure I'm sold on it, but it could work well.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Nikixos » Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:58 am

MagicManICT wrote:I know JC and the Seatribe guys still talk a bit, so I am curious if they're talking about the changes being made for the next version of Haven and if the travel changes could be implemented into Salem. I'm not sure I'm sold on it, but it could work well.

what i want is the automatic building without having to drop items in the construction signs -.-
an idea which was proposed here first by the way
Image Image
Nikixos

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements