Popham Witchery *Salem V.1.0.3*

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Popham Witchery *Salem V.1.0.3*

Postby TotalyMeow » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:24 pm

Yeah, no kidding. How many noob witches do you want running around Popham? Because this is a good way to get all of them.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Shrapnel » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:55 pm

ALL The noobs will be witches!

But honestly, i don't think its going to make much of a difference to post about it. If a noob becomes a witch without knowing the consequences, they will just die and/or give up.

People are still having a hard time dealing with Madness... they are in no position to start dabbling in magics that are completely unknown, no wiki to help them, and most likely not even other players will help.
Shrapnel
Customer

Postby Necrobane » Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:26 am

more witches -> popham dies faster -> new mechanic arrives sooner and we get animals on prov sooner :D
Loyal servant of Her Majesty Lallaith
Necrobane
Customer

Postby Hose » Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:31 am

My dog walks me to the park and doggy styles me, if you find that weird you're an arrogant gender-assuming bloodthirsty gun-loving cisgender bestial sexist incestuous white-previlege misogynistic biased raped privileged Nazi slave owner terrorist lesbian.
Hose

Postby Heffernan » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:22 pm

"Soon after Cain murders his younger brother Abel, G-d confronts him and then as a punishment sentences Cain to be a restless wanderer on the earth. He will be banished from G-d’s presence and be considered an outlaw wherever he goes. "

shouldnt it be GDI?
Heffernan

Postby Shrapnel » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:03 pm

Heffernan wrote:"Soon after Cain murders his younger brother Abel, G-d confronts him and then as a punishment sentences Cain to be a restless wanderer on the earth. He will be banished from G-d’s presence and be considered an outlaw wherever he goes. "

shouldnt it be GDI?

I see what you did there.. sick reference bro. ¦]
Shrapnel
Customer

Postby KruskDaMangled » Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:40 pm

Necrobane wrote:lol, someone have moon charter for 1631 year? anyway, i think its about RL, becuase for ingame its almost 1 month...

Actually it could be calculated by someone, that or other astronomical or calendar related things, by a staff member, with the help of a fan, or through reference to a math dude, or astronomer, but it's too much of a hassle, apparently. Some people are even prodigies at instantly or quickly knowing such facts, although some of them also cannot tie their shoes or be allowed to go outside by themselves. You would also have to account for the pre gregorian calendar, although the phases of the moon per-se are consistent. The issue would more be getting the date precisely situated by that. That would be a can of worms.
KruskDaMangled

Postby Claeyt » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:03 am

TotalyMeow wrote:Yeah, no kidding. How many noob witches do you want running around Popham? Because this is a good way to get all of them.

The problem is that those of us who were gone this weekend have now missed the crucial 'Cain' clue and it's not in town anymore. I'd much rather everyone had a chance to become a witch on Popham than for just a few people to get it. There's no way that the top groups are going to be selling dolls to anyone so that they can become witches. I hope that there remains a way for anyone to become a witch at anytime as long as they follow the clues otherwise it's pointless for people to keep playing popham at all.

JohnCarver wrote:I'M A BAD SPOILER

Sooo, JC's redacted old post read something about Potions, Rights and some other skill that are all requirements for the skill to build Cannons. Marp wrote that the mysterious event is happening in the East toward Cain's Nod which is the direction towards the the Gluttony statue. The next note he left says that it's happening in 12 hours time which means that....

The beginning of Witchcraft is started by someone firing the first Cannon on Popham which was just lit at the Cake groups Gluttony Statue base? :o
jorb wrote:(jwhitehorn) you are an ungrateful, spoiled child

As the river rolled over the cliffs, my own laughing joy was drowned out by the roaring deluge of the water. The great cataract of Darwoth's Tears fell over and over endlessly.
Claeyt

Postby KruskDaMangled » Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:29 am

Claeyt wrote:
TotalyMeow wrote:Yeah, no kidding. How many noob witches do you want running around Popham? Because this is a good way to get all of them.

The problem is that those of us who were gone this weekend have now missed the crucial 'Cain' clue and it's not in town anymore. I'd much rather everyone had a chance to become a witch on Popham than for just a few people to get it. There's no way that the top groups are going to be selling dolls to anyone so that they can become witches. I hope that there remains a way for anyone to become a witch at anytime as long as they follow the clues otherwise it's pointless for people to keep playing popham at all.

JohnCarver wrote:I'M A BAD SPOILER

Sooo, JC's redacted old post read something about Potions, Rights and some other skill that are all requirements for the skill to build Cannons. Marp wrote that the mysterious event is happening in the East toward Cain's Nod which is the direction towards the the Gluttony statue. The next note he left says that it's happening in 12 hours time which means that....

The beginning of Witchcraft is started by someone firing the first Cannon on Popham which was just lit at the Cake groups Gluttony Statue base? :o

Oh, not at all as far as I can tell. If anything "Cake Walk" as they call the town is more established, if more notional than a reality at this point. One can freely walk to the initial point of fortification, although it is town claimed, and thus, much more secure than before.

The bell is just a bit north of that.

I wonder how the story of our friendly bakers and their custody of the Statue will fair?
Attachments
shot_2015-07-16 19.22.45_1437099765753.jpeg
shot_2015-07-16 19.22.45_1437099765753.jpeg (215.99 KiB) Viewed 6729 times
KruskDaMangled

Postby Shrapnel » Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:19 am

Alright Marp, quit messing with us.. The land just got dark af. But the sign says 12 hours. 12 hours from when? Midnight? mid day? what timezone?
Shrapnel
Customer

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements