Popham Witchery *Salem V.1.0.3*

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Popham Witchery *Salem V.1.0.3*

Postby Procne » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:19 am

TotalyMeow wrote:
Claeyt wrote:I've asked 20 people to share info and they're stuck also. The only people who've supposedly found it that I know of are your group and Procne and both of you are just trolling the rest of us about it. Procne said he was just lucky to find it after searching an area for 2 hours. Clearly it's either too hard or is just blind luck in finding it. If it's like randomly finding the statues as you walk around then I'll just join everyone else that's quitting Popham and head back to Providence or Hafen. What's the point of playing Popham if there are only a couple of groups with witches?

I think it's far more likely they just don't want to give you for free the answers they worked hard to figure out. Then again, there are a couple thousand players on Popham, maybe your sample is too small.

As for Procne, maybe he only solved some of that particular clue and could have narrowed it down further but didn't. Clearly it's NOT too hard as at least one person has done it. And it is a logical fallacy for you to claim that it is 'just blind luck' on the basis of one anecdote.

And I saw what you did there a few posts back, thinking you got Hose annoyed enough to blurt something out and so straight out asking for answers to one of the clues. Stop that.

Actually, I'm told by other people now now that my interpretation of the clue was wrong, even though it eventually led me to another clue. My interpreations of the next clue point to 3-4 different locations and after spending almost 10h searching 2 of those locations I just give up and I'll wait for the event to end to see the correct solutions
Procne

Postby Claeyt » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:40 am

Removed - Dallane
jorb wrote:(jwhitehorn) you are an ungrateful, spoiled child

As the river rolled over the cliffs, my own laughing joy was drowned out by the roaring deluge of the water. The great cataract of Darwoth's Tears fell over and over endlessly.
Claeyt

Postby HolyLight » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:33 am

3, 13, 31 or 313

Just reading them numbers and a fast google search i come up with this, most likely unrelated but quite intresting. (just missing the 31)

Religious significance
In Islam, 313 is the number of Muslims who fought in the Battle of Badr and by extension, Islam's, foes. It was a decisive Muslim victory against a force of over 1,000 other men: the Muslims lost only 14 men. The battle also took place on March 13, or 3/13.

EDIT:
Little more digging
If Elijah and Enoch where translated, John 3:13 ," NO MAN has ASCENDED to heaven"?

sounds related to your comment
HolyLight

Postby Shrapnel » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:25 am

Inb4 Marp taking the clues down cause Claeyt cant stfu about it on the forums, posting clues (even though completely wrong) in the non-witch boards, and generally complaining about how 'hard' they are to figure out. ¦]
Shrapnel
Customer

Postby Claeyt » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:57 am

Shrapnel wrote:Inb4 Marp taking the clues down cause Claeyt cant stfu about it on the forums, posting clues (even though completely wrong) in the non-witch boards, and generally complaining about how 'hard' they are to figure out. ¦]

As far as I know, even after talking to Marp, no one has actually followed all the clues, but instead found one or two in the wild and maybe only found the last one. I'd like to actually hear (and believe) someone say they followed the clues. Hell I'd believe it if SOMEONE, ANYONE said they found the second clue, and how by following the first. Procne has already said that he didn't find it except through luck. I don't know anyone that's a witch, and I don't know anyone that's even found the second clue through the first one and I've asked everyone.

All I've gotten from the dev's is that people have found the clues (not that they've followed the clues) and that some people have found the last clue (although maybe only by randomly finding it in the wild)

As the river rolled over the cliffs, my own laughing joy was drowned out by the roaring deluge of the water. The great cataract of Darwoth's Tears fell over and over endlessly.
Claeyt

Postby Procne » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:13 am

Claeyt wrote:
Shrapnel wrote:Inb4 Marp taking the clues down cause Claeyt cant stfu about it on the forums, posting clues (even though completely wrong) in the non-witch boards, and generally complaining about how 'hard' they are to figure out. ¦]

As far as I know, even after talking to Marp, no one has actually followed all the clues, but instead found one or two in the wild and maybe only found the last one. I'd like to actually hear (and believe) someone say they followed the clues. Hell I'd believe it if SOMEONE, ANYONE said they found the second clue, and how by following the first. Procne has already said that he didn't find it except through luck. I don't know anyone that's a witch, and I don't know anyone that's even found the second clue through the first one and I've asked everyone.

All I've gotten from the dev's is that people have found the clues (not that they've followed the clues) and that some people have found the last clue (although maybe only by randomly finding it in the wild)

By the "luck" part I meant that finding it in the area pointed by a clue didn't take a lot of time (and it could have). Not that I found it completely by accident. Although, since apparently my interpretation was wrong and I found the third (not the second) clue instead it seems that it was indeed pure luck after all. Still, I like my interpretation, it fitted really nicely with the popham's world.
Procne

Postby Claeyt » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:27 am

Procne wrote:By the "luck" part I meant that finding it in the area pointed by a clue didn't take a lot of time (and it could have). Not that I found it completely by accident. Although, since apparently my interpretation was wrong and I found the third (not the second) clue instead it seems that it was indeed pure luck after all. Still, I like my interpretation, it fitted really nicely with the popham's world.

The Dev's are basing your "solving" the first clue as one of the people that have actually solved it. Since you're now saying that you did not solve the First Clue can anyone else say or confirm that they solved the First Clue? Procne is the only one that I've heard of that actually solved the first clue. Everyone else I know that progressed has randomly found the clues in the wilderness.

Claeyt

Postby Procne » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:30 am

Claeyt wrote:
Procne wrote:By the "luck" part I meant that finding it in the area pointed by a clue didn't take a lot of time (and it could have). Not that I found it completely by accident. Although, since apparently my interpretation was wrong and I found the third (not the second) clue instead it seems that it was indeed pure luck after all. Still, I like my interpretation, it fitted really nicely with the popham's world.

The Dev's are basing your "solving" the first clue as one of the people that have actually solved it. Since you're now saying that you did not solve the First Clue can anyone else say or confirm that they solved the First Clue? Procne is the only one that I've heard of that actually solved the first clue. Everyone else I know that progressed has randomly found the clues in the wilderness.

As I said, my interpretation of the first clue was wrong, and it led me to the third clue, instead of second. So I haven't solved it. But since other people told me that, I can only assume they did solve it. Just end this meta-argument and wait for the event to be finished to get some answers if you are unable to get them yourself.
Last edited by Procne on Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Procne

Postby Claeyt » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:33 am

Procne wrote:As I said, my interpretation of the first clue was wrong, and it led me to the third clue, instead of second. So I haven't solved it. But since other people told me that I can only assume they did solve it. Just end this meta-argument and wait for the event to be finished to get some answers if you are unable to get them yourself.

I don't want to just sit around praying at the Family statue waiting for Popham to end.

Other people have told you how they correctly solved the First Clue or they told you that you were actually at the Third Clue?

Claeyt

Postby Shrapnel » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:37 am

I honestly think your best option at this point is to pay for a doll.. It seems that some people just cant figure out the quest. Arguing about it on the forums wont get you very far, and might even push the devs to take the clues down because its being deciphered on the forums.

Good job Marp, you made it juuuust tough enough. ¦]
Shrapnel
Customer

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements