TotalyMeow's War on Terror

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: TotalyMeow's War on Terror

Postby Darwoth » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:30 pm

if someone raids a base with a 20/200 stat character the victim deserved to be raided for logging off instead of eating a satan salt, grabbing some watches/tea and going out to swing a halberd once or twice before darting back inside. if they were to wimpy to do that they could of still got them with two stomps through the wall :lol:

in any case there is a lot of pissing and moaning from folks that do not understand the game enough to play it properly much less make a bunch of judegment calls on mechanics they have not even employed firsthand,
Darwoth

Postby AmmaBoss » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:35 pm

Darwoth wrote:if someone raids a base with a 20/200 stat character the victim deserved to be raided for logging off instead of eating a satan salt, grabbing some watches/tea and going out to swing a halberd once or twice before darting back inside. if they were to wimpy to do that they could of still got them with two stomps through the wall :lol:

in any case there is a lot of pissing and moaning from folks that do not understand the game enough to play it properly much less make a bunch of judegment calls on mechanics they have not even employed firsthand,

YIP this is so true but i was just telling JC that people are infact raiding with characters that require little investment but i guess that may be the playerbase fault and not his.
AmmaBoss

Postby JohnCarver » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:46 pm

Even if the mythological 15/150/15/150 character was true. I don't consider a 330 Humour character with 3000+ C&D no investment. Face it, you will never win this argument and it will only end with me banning you once I consider you are just trolling me with the same silly argument.

I consider an alt to be a character with limited investment.

It is literally and factually impossible for players to be raiding or committing crimes with anything I thus would consider to be an "alt".

We may have different definitions of what an Alt is, but that is the end of it. At the end of the day nobody is raiding with any character that is not a significant investment and that is all that matters to me. I don't even know what point anybody is trying to prove when saying "But he can raid with only 300 humours?" So what?
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby TotalyMeow » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:56 pm

Chrumps wrote:I think the wording you are looking for is:
Account names must consist of latin alphabet letters and digits. (optionally with accents)

This can be enforced at the moment of account creation.

Yes, I'll be changing it to something like this. And I wish it could be enforced at account creation, but it can't. The system will take pretty much anything, unfortunately. John can perhaps change that with some sort of programming thing; I have no idea how any of that works, but he's on vacation right now and is limiting himself to a little balancing here and there.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby HolyLight » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:58 pm

Its cute how people are confusing wall bashers with combat alts / raiders.

:roll: :roll: :roll:
HolyLight

Postby AmmaBoss » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:02 pm

HolyLight wrote:Its cute how people are confusing wall bashers with combat alts / raiders.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

IF you can bash a wall with a character , most likely you can raid the base with it also.
AmmaBoss

Postby TotalyMeow » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:15 pm

Okay, this seems perhaps better:

1. Do not post in a language other than English. If it is necessary to post in another language, an accurate English translation must be included.
Any information in your Profile must be in English or include an English translation. Your account name may be a foreign language, but it must use the Latin alphabet (various accent marks allowed) so that it is at least recognizable and somewhat pronounceable to an English speaker. Your account name cannot include a profanity, in any language. Game Accounts may use any name they like, but are not allowed to post if they don't conform to this rule. If you are unsure if your name will be acceptable, PM the Community Manager and ask.

And I too approve of role play groups of the terrorist persuasion so long as you come up with your own back story and reasons for your actions. I will be terribly disappointed if I don't see a group named 'STAHP'.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Michael » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:11 pm

Your letting the KKK remain yet removing non-white terrorist groups?
Only white charters are able to be made in character creation as well.
Salem the Game confirmed racist
Michael

Postby Kralith » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:38 pm

Just a thank to Meow.
Now i will believe in Mods again!

I dont know, why Dallane wasnt able to accept my protest.
But you Meow speaks like my soul.

When we now can "eliminate" also Nazis and Kukluxklans and never get such groups again, then will be Salem a famous place for us all.
I'm a Roleplay-Gamer and i dont have something against rude roleplaying, but i wish a little bit more fantasy for a role that will be played by people. There is no need to plagiate terrible groups.
Salem Wiki (PM me if you need help with editing)
Report corrections and new things here.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Kralith
Customer

Postby Kandarim » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:44 pm

All I read was

JohnCarver wrote:I really don't mind carebears, and I don't mind hardcore pvpers.

JC confirmed to wuv us carebears!
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements