TotalyMeow's War on Terror

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: TotalyMeow's War on Terror

Postby JohnCarver » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:50 pm

dafels wrote:As far as I understand carver wants us to quit and make the server another carebear fest just like Providence is, where the only decent fight ever been was the KKK vs GT and that happened MONTHS AGO and I don't think anything like that will happen in next coming years.
TBCs are not enforcing PvP, it's more discouraging us to going to PvP and it encourages the use of alts and the stock system LMFAO, you can't do anything in this game without ALTS. This was my first impression of the PvP system in this game, the PvP as it is okay, but the crime system is bad, really bad and keeping us from playing this game from fullest. Well, I understand it's carver's game and he makes money as he wants and this crime system might be some kind of business model to force the players to buy silver. I guess carver for himself should try to PvP for a week without his godpowers to understand what we really mean. Enjoy another providence I guess...
Getting stocked and bringing diseased alts to afk at the stocks was the PEARL ON ALL OF IT, that's the stupidest stuff I ever seen.

The ones that took this serious and got offended, they should go off their PCs and go outside to breath some fresh air so maybe their brains will refresh.

I am both playing and committing crimes just fine. I understand that I made the system hard, probably too hard for most players, and by the sounds of it too hard for you. That is fine. Crime was never intended to be easy and open for the carebears or players unable to handle it. It is for the players who deserve to commit crimes in the first place which are the ones who have what it takes to overcome the challenges I put in. If you want some low barrier of entry crime system I'm sure there are plenty of other titles where any fresh scrub can compete.

dafels wrote:TBCs are not enforcing PvP, it's more discouraging us to going to PvP

I read this as "Oh no, I don't want to go attack innocent other players because they might be able to come back and force me to fight them and man up for what I did". :lol: :lol: Working as intended sir. Grow a spine, or go back to Providence.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Taipion » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:53 pm

...that reminds me of a scene in the film "immortal", where they sit in the taxi, say who they are and what their names mean, then the american says something like: I am (sorry, forgot his name), and I am american, our names mean nothing! :D :D :D

Hopefully my name is no violation of the forum rules, after all, it's just a name... :roll:

...and @JC: he probably meant it is easier to use alts for crimes than mains, and that this is no good thing, and I've heard that kind of complain already so many times that I am willing to believe it.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby AmmaBoss » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:53 pm

Are cannons able to destroy TBC?
AmmaBoss

Postby JohnCarver » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:55 pm

Taipion wrote:...and @JC: he probably meant it is easier to use alts for crimes than mains, and that this is no good thing, and I've heard that kind of complain already so many times that I am willing to believe it.

Yes I'm aware of the misinformation being spread by the ignorant. But I can assure you I have no benefit to leaving crimes on an "alt". There are simply far too many pre-req's to get into the crime system for it to be an 'alt' in the first place. By alt I of course mean a character with limited investment that has no emotional impact when it dies. By the time you are leaving crimes that character is a significant investment. This just boils down to people 'pretending' they are using alts when I can simply check the server stats and see they are full of #$(*.

AmmaBoss wrote:Are cannons able to destroy TBC?

Yes
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby dafels » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:56 pm

JohnCarver wrote:
dafels wrote:As far as I understand carver wants us to quit and make the server another carebear fest just like Providence is, where the only decent fight ever been was the KKK vs GT and that happened MONTHS AGO and I don't think anything like that will happen in next coming years.
TBCs are not enforcing PvP, it's more discouraging us to going to PvP and it encourages the use of alts and the stock system LMFAO, you can't do anything in this game without ALTS. This was my first impression of the PvP system in this game, the PvP as it is okay, but the crime system is bad, really bad and keeping us from playing this game from fullest. Well, I understand it's carver's game and he makes money as he wants and this crime system might be some kind of business model to force the players to buy silver. I guess carver for himself should try to PvP for a week without his godpowers to understand what we really mean. Enjoy another providence I guess...
Getting stocked and bringing diseased alts to afk at the stocks was the PEARL ON ALL OF IT, that's the stupidest stuff I ever seen.

The ones that took this serious and got offended, they should go off their PCs and go outside to breath some fresh air so maybe their brains will refresh.

I am both playing and committing crimes just fine. I understand that I made the system hard, probably too hard for most players, and by the sounds of it too hard for you. That is fine. Crime was never intended to be easy and open for the carebears or players unable to handle it. It is for the players who deserve to commit crimes in the first place which are the ones who have what it takes to overcome the challenges I put in. If you want some low barrier of entry crime system I'm sure there are plenty of other titles where any fresh scrub can compete.

It all would been fine if the use of alts wasn't a must in the crime system, but it seems like it's going to keep this way. Okay, thanks, now you confirmed that we can quit this game and this all is hopeless.
this game sucks
dafels

Postby JohnCarver » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:56 pm

dafels wrote:
It all would been fine if the use of alts wasn't a must, but it seems like it's going to keep this way. Okay, thanks, now you confirmed that we can quit this game and this all is hopeless.

You are not using alts. I do not consider a character with over 3,000 Cloak and Dagger an "alt". But you are looking for an excuse to quit because you can't hang on the big boy server. That is fine. That is what providence is there for. I really don't mind carebears, and I don't mind hardcore pvpers. The servers are actually designed for those two play types in mind. What I don't care for and could care less if they like Salem are what I would consider casual pvpers and those are the only people I see not enjoying themselves here. A casual pvper cannot get into a base on providence, and a casual pvper doesn't have what it takes to hang with the hardcore pvpers on Popham. So you are correct that there is no hope for a casual pvper and I'm sorry. There are plenty of MMO's with battlegrounds for the casual pvpers to play though.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Yasso » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:57 pm

Does it matter if you are getting SUMMONED IN YOUR SLEEP?!
Yasso

Postby JohnCarver » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:00 pm

Yasso wrote:Does it matter if you are getting SUMMONED IN YOUR SLEEP?!

The better question is who would be leaving scents like that who doesn't have a faction/group/and protocol in place to make sure somebody is watching their perimeter while the scent-characters are sleeping? Somebody who isn't cut out for Popham.. that is who.

For the record. The TBC is largely irrelevant. Within a matter of weeks people will be blowing holes into your bases with cannons in less time than the TBC and you'll just be getting roflstomped that way instead.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby AmmaBoss » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:03 pm

Yasso wrote:

Does it matter if you are getting SUMMONED IN YOUR SLEEP?!

On Popham there is no need to leave waste scent on any decent characters because of cannons.Therefore the ranger should have to wait 12 hours to summon you to a TBC while a cannon take 1 min - 7.5 hours to fire any decent group ( 3 or more member ) should be able to deal with TBC on Popham. However plzz stop lying to yourself JC everyone does crimes on ALTS.
AmmaBoss

Postby HasseKebab » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:04 pm

But it doesnt ***** matter u can just save tbc mats on an alt and go build a tbc with their scents, surround the tbc with a brickwall. Have fun with that
HasseKebab

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements