TotalyMeow's War on Terror

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

TotalyMeow's War on Terror

Postby TotalyMeow » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:49 pm

Due to several complaints I've received recently about the fact that some forum users have foreign language names when the rules clearly state that such things must be translated to English, I've decided that I cannot allow exceptions for foreign language names any longer. I have amended the rules to be more clear on the matter, your name is no longer an exception to the translation rule:

1. Do not post in a language other than English. If it is necessary to post in another language, an accurate English translation must be included. This includes your account name and anything included in your Profile; if you post on the forum, your name must be in English, or an accurate English translation must be appended to the name and anything in your Profile must be in English or include an English translation.

I will be banning the accounts that do not conform to this rule. If you have such an account, you are free make a new forum account with the translated name (profanity free) and post with it.

Secondly, it is very disturbing, this trend towards imitating terrorist groups here. First, it was KKK, who used the acronym, but made it mean something else. We decided to allow them to continue, and still will. But they seem to have opened a door for a slippery slope. We do have rules against racist posts and various forms of discrimination and this new group calling themselves a part of ISIS is just too far over the line. Therefore, I have added a second part to Rule 5:

5b. No impersonating terrorist groups. Impersonating a specific terrorist group identifies you with their entire cause and by default makes your group subject to banning under rule 5. This is a sandbox and if you want to roleplay 'terrorists' you can, however you must make your own manifesto, your own identity, you own acronym.

So, if you want to call yourselves "Salem Terrorists Against Having Pclaims", you can. If you want to also say you practice Islam, you can. But you cannot call yourselves ISIS, and you Will be banned if your 'extremist' roleplay is reported as religious discrimination.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Re: TotalyMeow's War on Terror

Postby HolyLight » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:54 pm

HolyLight

Postby Hose » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:04 pm

*SHOTS FIRED*
My dog walks me to the park and doggy styles me, if you find that weird you're an arrogant gender-assuming bloodthirsty gun-loving cisgender bestial sexist incestuous white-previlege misogynistic biased raped privileged Nazi slave owner terrorist lesbian.
Hose

Postby Rubberduckbandit » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:08 pm

How will you enforce this rule? Almost every other forum name in this game is in some other language, will you just ban their forum acc?
Rubberduckbandit

Postby TotalyMeow » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:10 pm

Rubberduckbandit wrote:How will you enforce this rule? Almost every other forum name in this game is in some other language, will you just ban their forum acc?

Not all of them, only the ones that post. You're perfectly fine having a game account in whatever language you want, just don't post here using it.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby trungdle » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:10 pm

I can't translate my name :(
Can't call myself "loyal virtue pear" or "middle virtue pear." It's... It's...
You thought I quit.
trungdle

Postby JohnEdgarHoover » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:13 pm

Freedom!
JohnEdgarHoover

Postby Procne » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:14 pm

TotalyMeow wrote:
Rubberduckbandit wrote:How will you enforce this rule? Almost every other forum name in this game is in some other language, will you just ban their forum acc?

Not all of them, only the ones that post. You're perfectly fine having a game account in whatever language you want, just don't post here using it.

My name is foreign too
Procne

Postby Rubberduckbandit » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:15 pm

I can't read your forum acc names due to them not being english can you please stop trolling the forums, and give us a translation please.
Rubberduckbandit

Postby jakhollin » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:17 pm

Good by to the terrorist wanna be group. I am good with that. Shouldn't punish people with names written in standard alphabet hell I am even accepting to Cyrillic at least you can say something by looking at the name other than squiggle guy 1 and squiggle guy 2.
jakhollin

Next

Return to Announcements