Development Roadmap: Expedition #1 (Popham)

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Development Roadmap: Expedition #1 (Popham)

Postby MarpTarpton » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:31 pm

Due to JC's absence (despite his inability to overcome his forum addiction) in the Mortal Moments offices, I've been tasked with muddling through things to continue to deliver content to the starving masses. As such, there will be no fun or merriment of any kind. Maybe. I don't really know, but as you saw last night (viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14322), we will still be making spot fixes based on user feedback and our own playtesting. Besides that, though, we do have new features we intend to release into Popham (and probably later into Providence and subsequent expeditions). This list is subject to change but gives you guys the broad strokes of our goals while experiencing this downtime development lull.

Each step involves a monthly goal, so July's goal will be porting animals to providence, August will be a darkness mob, etc, etc. Of course, if the server ends before a goal is realized, it may still happen. Maybe.

Enjoy your speculation and thanks for playing :)
Procne wrote: Devs have again proven that they dont give a crap about untalented and lazy players.
MarpTarpton
Site Admin

Re: Development Roadmap: Expedition #1 (Popham)

Postby EnderWiggin » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:56 pm

I think berries on a straw required 2 berries yesterday? Now they require 4. Was there update, or am I becoming insane?
EnderWiggin

Postby Hose » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:57 pm

There was an update
JohnCarver wrote:*Berrystraw now requires 4 berries, up from 2.
My dog walks me to the park and doggy styles me, if you find that weird you're an arrogant gender-assuming bloodthirsty gun-loving cisgender bestial sexist incestuous white-previlege misogynistic biased raped privileged Nazi slave owner terrorist lesbian.
Hose

Postby MarpTarpton » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:08 pm

Updated OP. Also, forgot to color the boat and the monster in the water. Ugh.
Procne wrote: Devs have again proven that they dont give a crap about untalented and lazy players.
MarpTarpton
Site Admin

Postby Tulgarath » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:21 pm

Release the Kracken!!

Water monster?
Tulgarath

Postby ShadowTani » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:22 pm

Animals get ported to providence already next month? I thought that would happen on Popham Apocalypse? Or will the boxed animals get ported once per month? o.O
ShadowTani

Postby MarpTarpton » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:25 pm

ShadowTani wrote:Animals get ported to providence already next month? I thought that would happen on Popham Apocalypse? Or will the boxed animals get ported once per month? o.O

The technology for it needs to be completed. We want you to be able to take back the exact animals that you "bank" on Popham for saving. That kind of transfer is a big deal though and will need to be finished to make it possible. However, since that's the whole point of expeditions, it's being prioritized lest someone does manage to end the server with remarkable speed.
MarpTarpton
Site Admin

Postby ShadowTani » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:33 pm

Ah I understand, it's just the mechanic for it, not an actual transfer.

Tulgarath wrote:Release the Kracken!!

Water monster?

Probably not. But it sure made me think that the darkness could use some water based hazards since it seems everything is supposed to come with additional hazards there (like chopping trees). Maybe have a pirhana like fish that can only be catched in the lakes and rivers located within the darkness? Then make it so that swimming inside the darkness would also have loss of blood in addition to the pleghm. :lol: Or would that been too hardcore? xD Would at least been another opportunity for witch related ingredients, such as a dark version of isinglass maybe.
ShadowTani

Postby MarpTarpton » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:35 pm

ShadowTani wrote:Ah I understand, it's just the mechanic for it, not an actual transfer.

Tulgarath wrote:Release the Kracken!!

Water monster?

Probably not. But it sure made me think that the darkness could use some water based hazards alongside pretty much everything else (like chopping trees). Maybe have a pirhana like fish that can only be catched in the lakes and rivers located within the darkness? Then make it so that swimming inside the darkness would also have loss of blood in addition to the pleghm. :lol: Or would that been too hardcore? xD Would at least been another opportunity for witch related ingredients, such as a dark version of isinglass maybe.

Later this expedition or next expedition, we will inconvenience your water-based travel. And oh how the tears will flow.
MarpTarpton
Site Admin

Postby Tulgarath » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:15 pm

I thought about suggesting a piranha before.

Darkness needs some kind of amphibious animal that follows you OUT of the water and chases maybe like the argopelter.
Tulgarath

Next

Return to Announcements