Salem: Greener Pastures

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Salem: Greener Pastures

Postby trungdle » Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:50 pm

No pathfinding request yet.
Sons I'm disappointed.
You thought I quit.
trungdle

Postby JohnCarver » Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:27 pm

trungdle wrote:No pathfinding request yet.
Sons I'm disappointed.

They have truly let me down.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby NeiroShop » Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:35 pm

JohnCarver wrote:
trungdle wrote:No pathfinding request yet.
Sons I'm disappointed.

They have truly let me down.

Your statues have let me down... :cry:

EDIT: yes i know im feeding tear god here.
NeiroShop

Postby Claeyt » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:27 am

baboking wrote:oi, it took 10 mins to spend 10$ and have the skill^^ so how can it be faster?

That $10 bucks was used to kill a bunch of brand new players who can now just inheiret the claim and gather the scents and go summon the dumb guy who killed them who spent $10 bucks to kill noobs. There's no way that guys character lives on this server for the whole 16 days those scents are there.
jorb wrote:(jwhitehorn) you are an ungrateful, spoiled child

As the river rolled over the cliffs, my own laughing joy was drowned out by the roaring deluge of the water. The great cataract of Darwoth's Tears fell over and over endlessly.
Claeyt

Postby JohnCarver » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:31 am

Claeyt wrote:That $10 bucks was used to kill a bunch of brand new players who can now just inheiret the claim and gather the scents and go summon the dumb guy who killed them who spent $10 bucks to kill noobs. There's no way that guys character lives on this server for the whole 16 days those scents are there.

Pretty much this. Not to mention having the ability to murder makes no influence on the combat itself. It only changes the 'severity' of the punishment that the victor is allowed to do to the loser.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Claeyt » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:36 am

JohnCarver wrote:
Claeyt wrote:That $10 bucks was used to kill a bunch of brand new players who can now just inheiret the claim and gather the scents and go summon the dumb guy who killed them who spent $10 bucks to kill noobs. There's no way that guys character lives on this server for the whole 16 days those scents are there.

Pretty much this. Not to mention having the ability to murder makes no influence on the combat itself. It only changes the 'severity' of the punishment that the victor is allowed to do to the loser.

What about witches? How are there witches already?
jorb wrote:(jwhitehorn) you are an ungrateful, spoiled child

As the river rolled over the cliffs, my own laughing joy was drowned out by the roaring deluge of the water. The great cataract of Darwoth's Tears fell over and over endlessly.
Claeyt

Postby trungdle » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:37 am

Claeyt wrote:What about witches? How are there witches already?

Nah, no witches yet. Wait for event.
You thought I quit.
trungdle

Postby Dallane » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:11 pm

Claeyt wrote:
JohnCarver wrote:

What about witches? How are there witches already?

Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby KruskDaMangled » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:44 pm

Claeyt wrote:
baboking wrote:oi, it took 10 mins to spend 10$ and have the skill^^ so how can it be faster?

That $10 bucks was used to kill a bunch of brand new players who can now just inheiret the claim and gather the scents and go summon the dumb guy who killed them who spent $10 bucks to kill noobs. There's no way that guys character lives on this server for the whole 16 days those scents are there.

Or other parties. I think the real threat, especially in this case, is 3rd parties using this as a pretext/causus beli to kick peoples heads in and take their stuff because of the scent.
KruskDaMangled

Postby elidmw » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:53 pm

JC, was thinking about shearing sheep for wool and got a question: did you implement some mechanics that would reduce the chance for sheep to get sick outside the barn during the cold snap if they have their hair (or increase if they don't)?
elidmw

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements