Salem: Greener Pastures

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Salem: Greener Pastures

Postby Scilly_guy » Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:34 am

yozzik wrote:
Leaving animals outside barns in a cold snap will increase their chances to get sick.

I really don't like this, that's unfair. A cow or a few sheeps or a few pigs is not a great deal on the farm, so it's not necessary to build a barn which is bigger than my land in order to keep them. Seems like getting livestock will be an interesting task, as well as breeding and keeping them, but i see no reasons to make livestock available only to large settlements and groups.

Welcome to Salem. Some of the harder stuff requires our is easier if you are part of a team. The cures aren't hard to make, isinglass, pectin and another ingredient such as tobacco leaves, so it is still possible for hermits, just harder, as it should be.
Scilly_guy

Postby Thor » Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:37 am

MMO's are meant to play in a group, unless you are Darwoth.
saltmummy wrote:You sad sad little man, my heart weeps for you. Better not go outside or your thin, tissue paper like skin might spontaneously rupture while your fragile sensibilities violently shatter spraying salt and urine all over the street.
Thor

Postby Claeyt » Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:37 am

yozzik wrote:
Leaving animals outside barns in a cold snap will increase their chances to get sick.

I really don't like this, that's unfair. A cow or a few sheeps or a few pigs is not a great deal on the farm, so it's not necessary to build a barn which is bigger than my land in order to keep them. Seems like getting livestock will be an interesting task, as well as breeding and keeping them, but i see no reasons to make livestock available only to large settlements and groups.

Meh, I don't like this so much either but it seems like it's just going to be a chance for them to get sick and then the cures will probably be similar to the human cures. I don't think it'll be that hard to have livestock without a barn, you'll just have to cure them a couple times a month during cold snaps.
jorb wrote:(jwhitehorn) you are an ungrateful, spoiled child

As the river rolled over the cliffs, my own laughing joy was drowned out by the roaring deluge of the water. The great cataract of Darwoth's Tears fell over and over endlessly.
Claeyt

Postby Lusewing » Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:42 am

Not having a barn will just increase their chance of getting sick - thats all, and the cures are really easy to make. The big bonus however is how much extra space you get with a barn - have a look inside the Providence barn - its HUGE. This is to actually help small landholders because animals take up a lot of space, particually the cows. JC has also pointed out that one of the animals posative bars is 'longevity' so I think it is safe to assume that animals will die of old age - meaning you will need a breeding population of at least two of every animal, three - with one male and two females would likely be better - but the smaller your breeding pool the harder it is to raise and lower the bars, not to mention that an untimely death can be a huge blow to a small herd. Truth be told it might be better for people with very small homesteads to just focus on one type of livestock.
Do not argue with idiots, for they will pull you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Lusewing

Postby Rubberduckbandit » Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:46 am

Lets hope the barn isn't like the church only being a fraction of the ones in town.
Rubberduckbandit

Postby yozzik » Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:49 am

I just wanted to whine a bit. Never tried it here. Thanks for your support, guys.
yozzik

Postby alloin » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:13 am

jorb wrote:all I see is misplaced machismo and a lot of very cheap talk. ^^

Darwat confirmed scrub!
alloin
Customer

Postby Rubberduckbandit » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:15 am

Oh alloin you're just to adorable i want to hug you after every post, please accept me :oops:
Rubberduckbandit

Postby Fimbulvinter » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:16 am

10 hours left as I count it.

Then we shall enter the new New World, and consume each other in a slowly spiralling descent into madness and despair until only two rats are left standing.

And then there can only be one.
There is no such thing as too many gardening pots.
Fimbulvinter

Postby alloin » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:17 am

Rubberduckbandit wrote:Oh alloin you're just to adorable i want to hug you after every post, please accept me :oops:

Ofcourse you can, my hug-level is over 9000!

Fimbulvinter wrote:10 hours left as I count it.

6h left, no?
jorb wrote:all I see is misplaced machismo and a lot of very cheap talk. ^^

Darwat confirmed scrub!
alloin
Customer

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements