Marketing Efforts Begin

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Marketing Efforts Begin

Postby JohnCarver » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:35 am

Greetings Salemites,
The final push for marketing as now begun. We have the following things that should begin in the next 24-72 hours. We could really use your help to get the word out:

We created a Steam Greenlight Presence. We are still a tad bit skeptical that their business model will work for us but you can at least go show the world of Steam that they are missing out on the best MMO on the market.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... 6&result=1

We should have a presence shortly on various MMO websites like this one:
http://mmohuts.com/

We have begun a Social Media campaign. Please make sure you are liking, sharing, and following as many of our posts as possible.
https://www.facebook.com/SalemGame

We have acquired over 120,000 opt-in Emails from the days of Paradox and Seatribe (part of our acquisition terms). We will be letting them all know what they have been missing since they last gave us a visit. We will have some more details on this in a bit to follow.

Various Pay-Per-Impression & Pay-Per-Click advertising has been initiated. Hopefully the internet should see some Salem banners in the days ahead.

I know not if this will help, how many players will find us, or how this will change the future of Salem but I don't think it can hurt. Please help us spread the word and lets see what happens!

Thanks,
John Carver
Mortal Moments Inc.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Re: Marketing Efforts Begin

Postby RainbowMoostache » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:37 am

This gonn' be gud. ;)
RainbowMoostache

Postby Procne » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:38 am

More screenies and actual gameplay trailers to the steam greenlight page please. And more detailed description listing various stuff possible in Salem. Right now it looks more like an idea than an actual game.
Procne

Postby JohnCarver » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:39 am

Procne wrote:More screenies and actual gameplay trailers to the steam greenlight page please. And more detailed description listing various stuff possible in Salem. Right now it looks more like an idea than an actual game.

Sure we will try to add a few more of the top trailer winners. And some screenshots.

There more video and pictures uploaded.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Rappels » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:40 am

Commented and voted for greenlight.
New players keep a game interesting :D .
Rappels

Postby Zennoya » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:44 am

I have salem liked on forum since 2012 :P And Ill vote on greenlight as soon as i get to my personal pc :)
I am a drama queen. I make drama. When I do, I write in this color.
Zennoya

Postby JohnCarver » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:49 am

UPDATE:
Guy from nigeria just E-mailed me. Apparently I had a brother who was royalty (What timing eh?). Anyways, all I had to do was wire him our marketing budget and he is going to send us some big bucks that should totally change the way we market this game. I'll keep you guys posted.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby elidmw » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:04 am

About Greenlight:
I believe adding some general list of features would help commoners understand easier what Salem is since such lists are the common way to represent games. I made up some small one, but it is only in comments anyway...

About trailer:
I'd say our game begins at forum.com :P

About MMO sites:
Maybe there should be some attracting news text here based on which writers from those sites could write their news about Salem and link to Salem webpage or forum?
elidmw

Postby Kandarim » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:08 am

voted + replied on steam.
Away she goes!

edit: BAH, steam doesn't allow replies longer than 1k characters in length. Bastards. Here's what I originally wrote, downsizing it now to be able to post it on steam >.>

This is a one-of-a-kind game, definitely worth checking out if you are interested in a game where the players shape the ENTIRE world: from building the bases, to deciding the laws, handling outlaws and founding towns/forming political alliances. Don't expect any handholding from anyone, neither the devs nor other players. It's a harsh world out there, but you are given the tools to work and live and defend. And die.

You WILL die, and part of the game is how you handle it, how you do (or do not) persevere and overcome. I have played this game since the start of closed beta, three years ago, and I can say this: the game is not for everyone. Salem caters to a small niche of players, which can result in ostracizing a large group of other players. Yet in doing so, it doesn't need to make any compromises whatsoever. It does what it does splendidly, captivatingly and quite interestingly.

The atmosphere is a unique mix of a cut-throat political scene and people that genuinely want to help you. Telling them apart is hard if not impossible, and mistakes will be made - resulting in grief, pain, anger and -- quite often -- death. But what would any game be without the occasional bump in the road to keep us interested and engaged?

TLDR; Salem is a niche game that does what it does exceedingly well. Try it out: if you're hooked, I guarantee you you won't be leaving anytime soon.
Last edited by Kandarim on Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby RainbowMoostache » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:08 am

Basing on how interesting this game looks for new players and by the fact that you're doing a good job on spreading around on different websites which will result in a ''new-players'' rush, is it possible the server can face a overpopulation? Maybe I'm one goof that doesn't have a good idea on how large the map is, but it's just my curiousity reeking and my likes of having the peace of living alone in the neighbourhood with no one to bother.
RainbowMoostache

Next

Return to Announcements