Marketing Efforts Begin

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Marketing Efforts Begin

Postby Kandarim » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:09 am

anyone bound to settle in your neighbourhood during the boom will start out fresh, so it shouldn't be too hard to
1) get a free slave
2) turn them out/away/dead
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby Vexus » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:10 am

Posted another thread on MMORPG just before you announced this. :D
Vexus

Postby JohnCarver » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:11 am

RainbowMoostache wrote:Basing on how interesting this game looks for new players and by the fact that you're doing a good job on spreading around on different websites which will result in a ''new-players'' rush, is it possible the server can face a overpopulation? Maybe I'm one goof that doesn't have a good idea on how large the map is, but it's just my curiousity reeking and my likes of having the peace of living alone in the neighbourhood with no one to bother.

Well its certainly going to be interesting. I do think our latest lag fixes would afford us a good 10,000->20,000 new players before we would have to contemplate 'more servers'. The expedition itself would get pretty darn crowded pretty fast but the big thing is going to be if we can appropriately make sure that the passive players and carebears know providence is the better choice. If nothing else the fact they can inherit their expedition character BACK to providence should prove to be enough to hopefully keep them interested. Maybe not though.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Procne » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:16 am

RainbowMoostache wrote:Basing on how interesting this game looks for new players and by the fact that you're doing a good job on spreading around on different websites which will result in a ''new-players'' rush, is it possible the server can face a overpopulation?

Over-what?
Procne

Postby Claeyt » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:18 am

JohnCarver wrote:We created a Steam Greenlight Presence. We are still a tad bit skeptical that their business model will work for us but you can at least go show the world of Steam that they are missing out on the best MMO on the market.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... 6&result=1.

Photo's 2, 3 and 7 on the Steam Description page are broken for me for some reason. Might want to replace them.
jorb wrote:(jwhitehorn) you are an ungrateful, spoiled child

As the river rolled over the cliffs, my own laughing joy was drowned out by the roaring deluge of the water. The great cataract of Darwoth's Tears fell over and over endlessly.
Claeyt

Postby JohnCarver » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:20 am

Strange, it was working earlier. Perhaps Steam just can't handle all our awesome.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Procne » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:20 am

They work for me
Procne

Postby Kandarim » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:23 am

works perfectly fine for me, too.
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby Brego » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:35 am

JohnCarver wrote:
We created a Steam Greenlight Presence. We are still a tad bit skeptical that their business model will work for us but you can at least go show the world of Steam that they are missing out on the best MMO on the market.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... 6&result=1

i can't understand why did you put it ,because there a question Would you buy this program if it were available in Steam?
i voted no, why should i pay for Salem where i played free and enjoyed over 2-3 years?
If you put in Free games on steam Salem ,then i can vote yes ,but who know you dev;s
Madness
I would change everything in places, but to madness, I do not have enough strength
""I Love TRIBE ""
Tha Biddas "Dream Crusher"
Brego

Postby Rifmaster » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:41 am

Am I really the only one that cant wait to loot all the shop packs from the unprotected leantos those newbs are gonna make?
So yeah...
You guys keep getting more newbs into the game for thieves to loot! :D
Rifmaster

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements