Insanity!

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Insanity!

Postby Raistlin97 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:49 pm

Lusewing wrote:Those on the Experdition will have no problem at all with Insanity (except maybe miners as they have a habit of digging away for hours without noticing they should take a breather to get some studying done) the simple act of studying and leveling characters will keep everyone sane - sleeping in a leafy bed will just be a lovely little bonus each morning.

Doing just about anything (including mining) prevents time-based insanity gain, so while miners may not decrease insanity, there won't be any to reduce.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
--Begin Code V3.1--
GC/CS/G/H/IT/M/MU/S/O
d-- s a--- C++ L+ P+ E? W+ N+ o? K-- w+ O--- M-- V? PS--
PE++ Y-- PGP--- t++ 5 X? R+ tv b++++ DI+++ D-- G !e h! r y-
--End Code--
Raistlin97

Postby Procne » Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:51 pm

Raistlin97 wrote:
Lusewing wrote:Those on the Experdition will have no problem at all with Insanity (except maybe miners as they have a habit of digging away for hours without noticing they should take a breather to get some studying done) the simple act of studying and leveling characters will keep everyone sane - sleeping in a leafy bed will just be a lovely little bonus each morning.

Doing just about anything (including mining) prevents time-based insanity gain, so while miners may not decrease insanity, there won't be any to reduce.

Source?
Procne

Postby KruskDaMangled » Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:40 pm

Raistlin97 wrote:
Nikixos wrote:
sudoGG wrote:Is there any skill to upgrade to plant tobacco? I cant plant it.

It is somewhat amusing that the skill for tobacco calls its only use loathsome and despicable...

Well, that was King James and he was incredibly pious and straight laced. We are I think, supposed to be in 1635 or so, so the king is presumably Charles I, who was a little more relaxed, although not so much as his son, Charles II, the "Merry Monarch" who was liked for his freewheeling, very non puritan style. (Not that James was puritan at all, although the pilgrims would have liked him a lot more than either Charles, I mean, look what OTHER puritans did to Charles I.)
KruskDaMangled

Postby TotalyMeow » Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:45 pm

Raistlin97 wrote:Doing just about anything (including mining) prevents time-based insanity gain, so while miners may not decrease insanity, there won't be any to reduce.

No. Mining is dark, dangerous, unhealthy, and just not the sort of thing one does to settle the mind. Mining does not reduce insanity. It also doesn't increase it, so you can go a pretty long time just mining with no ill effects.

KruskDaMangled wrote:We are I think, supposed to be in 1635 or so

We're somewhere between 1600 and 1750, no specific year or decade.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Raistlin97 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:40 pm

Procne wrote:
Raistlin97 wrote:

Source?

JohnCarver wrote:"Remember, you only lose your sanity when you stay online doing NOTHING or stay online doing insane things."

First post in this thread.
--Begin Code V3.1--
GC/CS/G/H/IT/M/MU/S/O
--End Code--
Raistlin97

Postby Raistlin97 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:44 pm

KruskDaMangled wrote:
Raistlin97 wrote:
Nikixos wrote:Image

It is somewhat amusing that the skill for tobacco calls its only use loathsome and despicable...

Well, that was King James and he was incredibly pious and straight laced. We are I think, supposed to be in 1635 or so, so the king is presumably Charles I, who was a little more relaxed, although not so much as his son, Charles II, the "Merry Monarch" who was liked for his freewheeling, very non puritan style. (Not that James was puritan at all, although the pilgrims would have liked him a lot more than either Charles, I mean, look what OTHER puritans did to Charles I.)

However, he was right, and so what if he was pious? To my mind, that only reinforces what he said. He also was responsible for the creation of the most commonly-used version of the Bible, the King James Version.
--Begin Code V3.1--
GC/CS/G/H/IT/M/MU/S/O
--End Code--
Raistlin97

Postby KruskDaMangled » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:33 pm

Yeah, it's a real classic. It's still my favorite even though parts of it are incorrectly translated. The poetic genius of it as a translation are considerable. It is literature of the highest order whatever else it is.
KruskDaMangled

Postby TotalyMeow » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:35 pm

Raistlin97 wrote:
Procne wrote:
Raistlin97 wrote:Doing just about anything (including mining) prevents time-based insanity gain, so while miners may not decrease insanity, there won't be any to reduce.

Source?

JohnCarver wrote:"Remember, you only lose your sanity when you stay online doing NOTHING or stay online doing insane things."

First post in this thread.

You are confused. Staying online doing 'nothing' refers to doing nothing to lower your insanity. Doing things in general, like walking around, mining, building, eating, all these things are null activities that do not add or take away from insanity. Just being online though, adds over time.

TotalyMeow

Postby Nagualcina » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:31 am

Why improving my city add insanity (i`am major and i bashing my own walls in my own city and going insane)?
Nagualcina

Postby TotalyMeow » Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:05 am

Nagualcina wrote:Why improving my city add insanity (i`am major and i bashing my own walls in my own city and going insane)?

Salem, all of it, is a scary, unsettling, untamed, wilderness full of unnatural creatures, strange magic, and death.

TotalyMeow

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements