Insanity!

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Insanity!

Postby Otis » Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:07 pm

ericbomb wrote: Your town can probably also invest in a set of semi decent affluence items so you can go to the den and smoke a hookah. I believe that guarantees the removal of a madness level. Just keep it in a chest in the center of the town and put it back whenever you're done.

Would love to do that, but I am a tad unsure how someone 3 weeks into the game is expected to get a 250 affluence kit? I realize I am the minority on this game, that is very obvious to me. It will be interesting to see how the expedition folks do with no tobacco and months of toys to help them address these issues. Guess I am trying to speak from the Newbs perspective (lets ignore the noobs and nubs) and make what often seems to me is a bad assumption that over time someone would like to grow the population not drive people off (if this is the case just disable new account creation and be done).

So in the meantime, I will stick with less play and keep my teddy bear close.
Awwww...Care Bears are so cute!!!!
Otis

Postby Lusewing » Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:31 pm

Those on the Experdition will have no problem at all with Insanity (except maybe miners as they have a habit of digging away for hours without noticing they should take a breather to get some studying done) the simple act of studying and leveling characters will keep everyone sane - sleeping in a leafy bed will just be a lovely little bonus each morning.
Do not argue with idiots, for they will pull you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Lusewing

Postby Rubberduckbandit » Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:06 pm

Everyone talks as if we will indeed have a town like providence in expeditions, with all the same commodities, is this verified?
Rubberduckbandit

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:42 pm

JohnCarver wrote:
HasseKebab wrote:Does wearing chtulu mask decrease the amount of insanity removed when studying things?

No.

Should increase madness :twisted:
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby TotalyMeow » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:53 pm

Rubberduckbandit wrote:Everyone talks as if we will indeed have a town like providence in expeditions, with all the same commodities, is this verified?

There will be a town if only because you need to have access to Bank and Postmaster to get your purchases, and white stall or equivalent for those first seeds and things.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby HolyLight » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:10 pm

TotalyMeow wrote:
Rubberduckbandit wrote:Everyone talks as if we will indeed have a town like providence in expeditions, with all the same commodities, is this verified?

There will be a town if only because you need to have access to Bank and Postmaster to get your purchases, and white stall or equivalent for those first seeds and things.

I would rather it have the stuff required, but the size of say limers front. a Simple 100x100 should be enough.
HolyLight

Postby pwr2112 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:15 am

i think insanity should be a spell that only witches can cast occasionally, like the blood moon. i dont think it should be a constant thing.
pwr2112

Postby Gotrek86 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:25 pm

You know I feel that this stuffed bear is quite useless since it's probably intentionaly coded that it only counts server up time when you sleep with a teddy bear. So if I went to sleep with said teddy bear equipped 13 hours ago and the server crashes soon after for 8 hours. I still login with the madness I logged out with... *shakes head at Mortal Moments Inc*

I also hope that before you guys release the game you'll at least have a script to automatically restart the server after a crash.
JohnCarver wrote:Yes there are indeed cows and cheese :).
Gotrek86

Postby jakhollin » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:53 pm

pwr2112 wrote:i think insanity should be a spell that only witches can cast occasionally, like the blood moon. i dont think it should be a constant thing.

Stop whining.

jakhollin

Postby TotalyMeow » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:32 pm

Gotrek86 wrote:I also hope that before you guys release the game you'll at least have a script to automatically restart the server after a crash.

It's not that easy or we would have one. When the server crashes, there is a bug in there somewhere. Sometimes the bug causes nasty things to happen to game data. If the server is just restarted without any maintenance, the entire world could be wiped out, and no one wants that.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements