Insanity!

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Insanity!

Postby JohnCarver » Sun May 31, 2015 2:23 am

BTW this thread is the perfect place for players to make suggestions on in-game activities that should increase or reduce insanity.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby greggbot » Sun May 31, 2015 2:24 am

JohnCarver wrote:BTW this thread is the perfect place for players to make suggestions on in-game activities that should increase or reduce insanity.

Being near someone else playing music should reduce insanity slightly. I think listening to some nice music would be rather calming.
Also,
Even at madness 0 there is a

It appears you missed something here. I assume it's "chance a Psychotic episode will occur"?
Last edited by greggbot on Sun May 31, 2015 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
greggbot
Customer

Postby Gotrek86 » Sun May 31, 2015 2:24 am

I say yeah and I hear the cries of all the stupid botters.
JohnCarver wrote:Yes there are indeed cows and cheese :).
Gotrek86

Postby JohnCarver » Sun May 31, 2015 2:25 am

Hmmmm that is an interesting and fun concept indeed. We have it so the player playing the music lowers insanity. But we will strongly consider adding it so anybody 'near' somebody playing music will lose a bit of insanity as well.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby HolyLight » Sun May 31, 2015 2:27 am

JohnCarver wrote:BTW this thread is the perfect place for players to make suggestions on in-game activities that should increase or reduce insanity.

Picking flowers in general should reduce.
Crafting flower arrangements should reduce.
Over smoking hooka should increase insanity, not decrease.
Killing the darkness creature which increased your insanity should decrease it again.
Feeding turkeys dead turkeys should massivly increase insanity............. <-- unsure why i am suggesting this, i do this often.

More in the future.

JohnCarver wrote:Hmmmm that is an interesting and fun concept indeed. We have it so the player playing the music lowers insanity. But we will strongly consider adding it so anybody 'near' somebody playing music will lose a bit of insanity as well.

If The person playing music has a large crowd who are all wearing high affluence gear, he should get increased reduction. Nothing better than a crowd of rich people to cheer you up.
Last edited by HolyLight on Sun May 31, 2015 2:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
HolyLight

Postby gandalfthyblue » Sun May 31, 2015 2:28 am

Being in the darkness should also slowly increase your insanity? That seems about right to me. For Witches, being in the light increases insanity.
Ƭℌę ȿęċręȶȿ ȱƒ ℳȃℊįƈ aɍℯ mîŋę ⱥlỏņℯ.
gandalfthyblue

Postby Hose » Sun May 31, 2015 2:28 am

if u stay next to claeyt you'll get a great amount of insanity
My dog walks me to the park and doggy styles me, if you find that weird you're an arrogant gender-assuming bloodthirsty gun-loving cisgender bestial sexist incestuous white-previlege misogynistic biased raped privileged Nazi slave owner terrorist lesbian.
Hose

Postby Necrobane » Sun May 31, 2015 2:30 am

being cursed should increase insanity
Loyal servant of Her Majesty Lallaith
Necrobane
Customer

Postby greggbot » Sun May 31, 2015 2:30 am

How about having witnessing the death of a pilgrim add a large amount of insanity? Seems appropriate. Just have it be an area of effect thing when someone dies.
greggbot
Customer

Postby Gotrek86 » Sun May 31, 2015 2:31 am

JohnCarver wrote:Hmmmm that is an interesting and fun concept indeed. We have it so the player playing the music lowers insanity. But we will strongly consider adding it so anybody 'near' somebody playing music will lose a bit of insanity as well.

And thus the role of a BARD are been born!
JohnCarver wrote:Yes there are indeed cows and cheese :).
Gotrek86

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements