A New Subforum: Witchcraft

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: A New Subforum: Witchcraft

Postby Qiresea » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:45 am

RainbowMoostache wrote:
Michael wrote:
BulMaster wrote:So is there a guide to witchcraft? :roll:

Yes! Buy Whisy's Guide to Witchcraft from Providence's Best Sellers Chart.

It's more preferable that you'll pick a trustable mentor to teach you witchcraft than relying on the books. You can easily print false information that can lead you to permadeath if you do something wrong, but then again, some, if not most info on Wishy's books are pretty accurate and I consider it safe to rely on if you want to be selftaught the basics.

it is not easy to find a mentor ...
Darwoth wrote:It really is not fair that every time you try to jab at me you make yourself look more retarded than any retort i could come up with.

Γιά την Κυρία των τριών βασιλείων: της γης, του ουρανού και της θάλασσας.
Qiresea
Customer

Postby yozzik » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:43 pm

Qiresea wrote:it is not easy to find a mentor ...

As not easy as to study witchcraft alone. Have you tried?
yozzik

Postby TotalyMeow » Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:49 pm

I wonder at all these people who seem to acquire witchcraft, which must be done from another witch, and then don't keep in contact with that witch and learn about the mechanic. We had intended that to be the case, you learn witchcraft from a witch, they are your mentor. I suppose it's not surprising that there are witches out there who would rather make a quick buck than lead a coven, but those looking to learn should be more discerning or face exactly these consequences.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby tatertot18 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:18 pm

TotalyMeow wrote:I wonder at all these people who seem to acquire witchcraft, which must be done from another witch, and then don't keep in contact with that witch and learn about the mechanic. We had intended that to be the case, you learn witchcraft from a witch, they are your mentor. I suppose it's not surprising that there are witches out there who would rather make a quick buck than lead a coven, but those looking to learn should be more discerning or face exactly these consequences.

If there was a witch willing to take me on and mentor for less than 8500s I'd jump at the opportunity. #1 feature that's brought me back to the game over the years.
tatertot18

Postby Tulgarath » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:04 pm

In all fairness, the secrecy in witch craft and anonymity of forum vs in game character such are a part of Salem, don't lead to easy access to the occult.
Tulgarath

Postby alloin » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:13 am

tatertot18 wrote:
TotalyMeow wrote:I wonder at all these people who seem to acquire witchcraft, which must be done from another witch, and then don't keep in contact with that witch and learn about the mechanic. We had intended that to be the case, you learn witchcraft from a witch, they are your mentor. I suppose it's not surprising that there are witches out there who would rather make a quick buck than lead a coven, but those looking to learn should be more discerning or face exactly these consequences.

If there was a witch willing to take me on and mentor for less than 8500s I'd jump at the opportunity. #1 feature that's brought me back to the game over the years.

:lol:
jorb wrote:all I see is misplaced machismo and a lot of very cheap talk. ^^

Darwat confirmed scrub!
alloin
Customer

Postby yozzik » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:50 am

That's a logical way but what if convertation was just a service? What if the witch dropped the game? Or died earlier? Quite a lot of drawbacks.
However, showing the wand was a good kind of an exam - it's more than just being a witch and there is a lot to learn in future. I see no reasons to prohibit sharing the experience on this level.

:3
yozzik

Postby Qiresea » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:36 pm

I agree completely with tmeow. it is the responsibility of the witch who made your doll to guide you. unfortunately in my case, that witch stopped playing soon after. but I found help recently from someone else <3

btw I made a doll myself for someone a few days ago and I guide him and help him as much as I can. witchcraft is a fine concept in the game, I hope all witches will give it the credit it deserves.
Darwoth wrote:It really is not fair that every time you try to jab at me you make yourself look more retarded than any retort i could come up with.

Γιά την Κυρία των τριών βασιλείων: της γης, του ουρανού και της θάλασσας.
Qiresea
Customer

Postby Kandarim » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:45 am

Some of us were initiated by maudney herself, and she kinda left us hanging there. If you can't make it to sunday covens, it's pretty much impossible to figure everything out yourself. Or at least it is to me.
I managed to make it maybe the one time, and someone sent me some summaries a few times, but I probably missed tons more.
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby alloin » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:55 am

Kandarim wrote:Some of us were initiated by maudney herself, and she kinda left us hanging there. If you can't make it to sunday covens, it's pretty much impossible to figure everything out yourself. Or at least it is to me.
I managed to make it maybe the one time, and someone sent me some summaries a few times, but I probably missed tons more.

+ the fact that witches promised to share info on those meetings, but a few never ever shared anything or made false promises.
jorb wrote:all I see is misplaced machismo and a lot of very cheap talk. ^^

Darwat confirmed scrub!
alloin
Customer

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements