A New Subforum: Witchcraft

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: A New Subforum: Witchcraft

Postby alloin » Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:54 pm

I think you have to re-read this topic, because this is not the place to discuss things, this is a post explaining how to apply to the hidden subforum
jorb wrote:all I see is misplaced machismo and a lot of very cheap talk. ^^

Darwat confirmed scrub!
alloin
Customer

Postby Qiresea » Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:56 pm

ok, sorry.
Darwoth wrote:It really is not fair that every time you try to jab at me you make yourself look more retarded than any retort i could come up with.

Γιά την Κυρία των τριών βασιλείων: της γης, του ουρανού και της θάλασσας.
Qiresea
Customer

Postby ericbomb » Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:05 pm

Qiresea wrote:ok, sorry.

And even there we are absolutely not helpful about witch things XD

There's not much activity and it's mostly people arguing about how they think witch craft should work. Honestly any bugs we do find I'm pretty sure most of us are perfectly content to just message JC directly. Asking any newbie witch questions will probably just get you a stream of insults from the Da's.
JohnCarver wrote:I reserve the right to torch your base.

JohnCarver wrote:I am offended!
ericbomb

Postby TotalyMeow » Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:08 pm

Yes, I had meant for this subforum to be for experienced witches to discuss problems with the mechanic or discuss new ideas for it in a setting where several people can talk about it at once. However, many of those who applied seem to have only wanted to leech information from the more experienced players, and that is not something I or anyone else wants to see. It takes away the mystery and discovery of what is supposed to be mysterious mechanic. So, yes, I'm not taking applications at this time and when I get the time, I'm going to go over the list and either remove most of the people in there, or disband the forum entirely. We might have to go back to just PMs.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby ericbomb » Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:12 pm

TotalyMeow wrote:Yes, I had meant for this subforum to be for experienced witches to discuss problems with the mechanic or discuss new ideas for it in a setting where several people can talk about it at once. However, many of those who applied seem to have only wanted to leech information from the more experienced players, and that is not something I or anyone else wants to see. It takes away the mystery and discovery of what is supposed to be mysterious mechanic. So, yes, I'm not taking applications at this time and when I get the time, I'm going to go over the list and either remove most of the people in there, or disband the forum entirely. We might have to go back to just PMs.

Please don't disband... :(

But making it T2 witches only might be advisable. Or at least only those that have t1 mastered and are just looking for a certain item to get to the next tier. But so far progress has been rather lack luster there.

ericbomb

Postby Darwoth » Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:40 am

ericbomb wrote: Asking any newbie witch questions will probably just get you a stream of insults from the Da's.

you hear that dallane? we have FORMED OUR OWN FORUM GANG!!!!!!!
Darwoth

Postby ericbomb » Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:59 am

Darwoth wrote:
ericbomb wrote: Asking any newbie witch questions will probably just get you a stream of insults from the Da's.

you hear that dallane? we have FORMED OUR OWN FORUM GANG!!!!!!!

Yep, your forum powers were just so strong they formed a gang without you guys even trying.

But of course the statement is 100% true, if the goal is to glean info from the witch craft forum those two will rip you to shreds, and that's if you're lucky. If you're unlucky *shudders*.

I think upping the requirements to join the witch craft forum will help though, the current reqs take like a day to get if you have a decent main.

ericbomb

Postby Darwoth » Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:06 am

pretty sure you were called a retard for multiple pages due to your "great ideas" about expeditions and putting an artificial limiter on witch numbers, not that you or the other half dozen "witches" that spent 3k on a doll to farm information about a secret mechanic should have been on the forum to have the discussion to begin with. but if you being passive aggressive AND full of **** means me and dallane get to have our own forum gang i am ok with that.
Darwoth

Postby ericbomb » Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:26 am

Darwoth wrote:pretty sure you were called a retard for multiple pages due to your "great ideas" about expeditions and putting an artificial limiter on witch numbers, not that you or the other half dozen "witches" that spent 3k on a doll to farm information about a secret mechanic should have been on the forum to have the discussion to begin with. but if you being passive aggressive AND full of **** means me and dallane get to have our own forum gang i am ok with that.

Err... my idea was that anyone willing to complete a certain task could become a witch instead of it being a lotto or having to go to another witch.

A completely separate idea was that you could get it by darkness monsters, and the first few people could have an easier time getting it that way as a way to seed quickly, but after the seeding is done it's still possible to get it without having to go to a current witch. Which is the current system. But you could still get it from a current witch, so there would be no limit as both options would always be possible.

If you have a quote of where I suggested limiting the numbers I'd love to see it.

Also that wasn't actually me being passive aggressive. I was being completely honest, if someone posts "How to do blah blah" I 100% expect you and dallane to give them what for, if you find that aggressive that's on you. Because that's in no way passive.

And I'll be the first to say even the new "advanced" test is too easy. It takes a day to get a wand, if that. If I get booted because I can't make the new test? Fair is fair then.

But in the case of me being called "retarded" it was just you and dallane after which the thread died.

ericbomb

Postby Darwoth » Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:41 am

blah blah blah i didn't even read that ****, if you find a discrepancy in something i said and are not merely trying to spin ***** to your favor i suggest you learn what words mean then go revisit said thread.
Darwoth

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements