A New Subforum: Witchcraft

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: A New Subforum: Witchcraft

Postby TotalyMeow » Sun May 31, 2015 3:24 am

Heffernan wrote:
TotalyMeow wrote:A small change to the entrance exam. You must be an advanced enough witch to wield a wand and you must be able to meet me in Providence. if you meet me at a witch event at the Isle of Nod and can wield a wand, that will qualify you too, but asking for a simple ability to curse or not aggro a rat is just not enough proof that you know anything at all about the mechanic.

but the forum is about learning witchcraft, why would u learn it to join a place to learned it?

What? No it's not. You're meant to bug report and suggest changes and additions to witchcraft in that forum. That means that ideally those who get added will already know everything about witchcraft and have been practicing and testing it a great deal. I do plan to remove anyone from that forum who doesn't contribute over time.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby tomw84 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:25 am

Tmeow -> When will be a chance to catch You next time? I wrote t Dallane 2 days ago -> my message is read but no answer at all. I received Your message last time, but I live in different time zone, so when I checked it, You were already gone. I dont even log on my witch as noone is willing to say, how that insanity patch affect witches, and just sending me to witchcraft forum, that i cant get in..

BTW -> when is next witch meeting at nod? Im online a lot and never seen a message - maybe it should be organized in some hour that its not only for US people, but also for europeans?
tomw84

Postby Kandarim » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:44 am

witch meetings are typically after sunday events. Very plausible for europeans that are online sunday night :)
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby TotalyMeow » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:49 am

Anyone who still wants into the witchcraft subforum and can wield a wand should send me a PM, or another if you already have, and I'll arrange a time to be online for testing.

TotalyMeow

Postby tomw84 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:58 am

Let me understand -> to get info f.e. how the insanity patch affect witches i need to be powerfull enough to weild a wand (so have harvest hexing, but i need to have such wand too - so i need to buy it or be 2nd circle right?). If im not powerfull enough yet, i can just die from insanity and don't have any info about how patches affect witches? Dont you think its stupid ?
tomw84

Postby Rubberduckbandit » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:00 am

tomw84 wrote:Let me understand -> to get info f.e. how the insanity patch affect witches i need to be powerfull enough to weild a wand (so have harvest hexing, but i need to have such wand too - so i need to buy it or be 2nd circle right?). If im not powerfull enough yet, i can just die from insanity and don't have any info about how patches affect witches? Dont you think its stupid ?

What's stupid is how many people got into the witch forum not knowing any witch mechanics like you.
Rubberduckbandit

Postby TotalyMeow » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:01 am

tomw84 wrote:Let me understand -> to get info f.e. how the insanity patch affect witches i need to be powerfull enough to weild a wand (so have harvest hexing, but i need to have such wand too - so i need to buy it or be 2nd circle right?). If im not powerfull enough yet, i can just die from insanity and don't have any info about how patches affect witches? Dont you think its stupid ?

What makes you think that witches are affected any differently? And if you do have a witch character, log it on and see for yourself.

TotalyMeow

Postby tomw84 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:06 am

TotalyMeow wrote:What makes you think that witches are affected any differently?

Let me think... beeing in darkness raise insanity? Hmm quite sux for witch that spends in darkness 99% of time. Seeing darkness creatures raise insanity.. hmm i have hydrukeys at my fence all the time, and furfur comes from time to time too. When blood moon occurs it causes Tremendous raise of insanity ... hmm so as a witch i can suicide by triggering blood moon... yeah.. i dont know what brought me an idea, that the logic can work differently for witches.... maybe ill go meet 20 hydrukeys that raise my insanity lvl, to get some flower that grows between them.

TotalyMeow wrote:And if you do have a witch character, log it on and see for yourself.

So beeing a witch means that i can permadie and dont even know why, while all the rest get the info on forum? Greeeaaat, expecialy that i had to spend real cash to buy bonnet.
tomw84

Postby TotalyMeow » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:19 am

Being in darkness does not raise your insanity. Being online when a blood moon happens raises anyone's insanity, so you're in the same boat there.

As a witch, you are an outcast, living a dangerous life; even more dangerous than the average pilgrim. You should not have expected this to be easy. I'm sure that you chose an advanced, skilled, reasonably high-humor character for your witch so you don't have to resort to the newbie mechanic of picking flowers to reduce the slightly higher problems from darkness creatures, you can grow tobacco or sleep in your bed when you log out or study a God Damned inspirational every once in awhile. Seriously.

TotalyMeow

Postby tomw84 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:26 am

Great, Thank You for answering... Im only sorry that I had to ask several people several times on forum to get info on that topic, and instead just say "its the same for witches", everyone were saying "check on witchcraft forum".
tomw84

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements