Legendary Lagfix

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Legendary Lagfix

Postby Potjeh » Fri May 15, 2015 7:52 pm

Ceterum censeo Providence esse delendam ;)
Potjeh

Postby Kandarim » Fri May 15, 2015 7:54 pm

all i got from that was Image
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby Pildream » Fri May 15, 2015 9:48 pm

Potjeh wrote:Ceterum censeo Providence esse delendam ;)

Timeo JC et dona ferentes :lol:
Pildream

Postby rustles » Fri May 15, 2015 10:18 pm

JohnCarver wrote:players should expect further implementations in the future that eliminate the ability to have instant mass-safe transit of goods.

Pls dear God of Salem eliminate the scourge of instant travel all together. It is witchcraft!

This game always feels like nanny gubbment is holding our hands and telling us how to wipe our anus. Let the free market build it's own Boston, I say!

Porting is 100% an exploit. Raiders alt-port all the **** they steal, traders just port all their crap instantly, it discourages players from forming communities, it encourages players to isolate them selves in the middle of nowhere, etc.
rustles

Postby Dallane » Fri May 15, 2015 10:21 pm

rustles wrote:it discourages players from forming communities, it encourages players to isolate them selves in the middle of nowhere, etc.

How does it stop ppl from forming communities?
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby rustles » Fri May 15, 2015 10:23 pm

Dallane wrote:
rustles wrote:it discourages players from forming communities, it encourages players to isolate them selves in the middle of nowhere, etc.

Why build together when you can just teleport to trade instantly? There is a risk that people will kill you, rob you, betray you, so why not just be safe and play by your self? That is the mentality most people have in game. Eliminate instant travel and people will be forced to take the risks like we did in real life.
rustles

Postby Dallane » Fri May 15, 2015 10:24 pm

rustles wrote:
Dallane wrote:

Why build together when you can just teleport to trade instantly? There is a risk that people will kill you, rob you, betray you, so why not just be safe and play by your self? That is the mentality most people have in game. Eliminate instant travel and people will be forced to take the risks like we did in real life.

Thats really stupid to think that.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby M13tz » Fri May 15, 2015 10:34 pm

rustles wrote:
JohnCarver wrote:players should expect further implementations in the future that eliminate the ability to have instant mass-safe transit of goods.

Pls dear God of Salem eliminate the scourge of instant travel all together. It is witchcraft!

This game always feels like nanny gubbment is holding our hands and telling us how to wipe our anus. Let the free market build it's own Boston, I say!

Porting is 100% an exploit. Raiders alt-port all the **** they steal, traders just port all their crap instantly, it discourages players from forming communities, it encourages players to isolate them selves in the middle of nowhere, etc.

I'm ok with removing teleportation but there need to be OTHER ways to mass transit goods or trade will just die, in the light of:

JohnCarver wrote:*Disclaimer*
For those still concerned about the port timer, the ability to create alts, and the ability to have multiple bases all over the map without any real consideration to their geographical location due to the previous unlimited unregulated instant fast-travel to anywhere on the map regardless of distance is not working as intended. I consider the teleporting of thousands of goods through the safety of town 'instantly' very much to be exploiting akin to the same way I hated alt-vaulting. Nothing in salem should be safe, nor instant, and therefore, players should expect further implementations in the future that eliminate the ability to have instant mass-safe transit of goods.

i think we should either get some wagons that can carry ***** of stuff or some type off boat that do the same.

If not this timer and next nerfs to the teleporting will take huge impact on economy.
M13tz

Postby JohnCarver » Fri May 15, 2015 10:43 pm

I agree. The existing timer was as aggressive as I felt to be on the subject until a mass transit option is implemented.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Silent_Bob » Fri May 15, 2015 10:57 pm

Even though I own a stall and do some trading myself, I've always hated the concept of fast travel in a survival-based game like Salem. I'll be dancing on its grave when it's finally gone :lol: .
Silent_Bob

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements