Legendary Lagfix

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Legendary Lagfix

Postby Nagualcina » Tue May 12, 2015 5:29 pm

Taipion wrote:Again, why should squirrel pelts be any different than rabbit pelts?

Rabbit pelts are white.
Nagualcina

Postby JohnCarver » Tue May 12, 2015 5:39 pm

Taipion wrote:Again, why should squirrel pelts be any different than rabbit pelts?

Because one requires a skill and combat, and one doesn't.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Taipion » Tue May 12, 2015 5:40 pm

Nagualcina wrote:

Rabbit pelts are white.

And beaver pelts are ...brown(?)nish, yet, they, snake skin, deer, bear,... all make one limed hide, all but the squirrel...

JohnCarver wrote:

Because one requires a skill and combat, and one doesn't.

The difference in skill and "combat" needed to pick up a rabbit, compared to a squirrel, is barely measurable.
If anything, I believe rabbits are slower, and therefore easier to catch. :P
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby trungdle » Tue May 12, 2015 5:46 pm

No dude every one have sometimes been killed by a rabbit as a noob. Or at least I have. :oops:
Squirrels on the other hand pose no threat to a 5555.
You thought I quit.
trungdle

Postby Nagualcina » Tue May 12, 2015 8:05 pm

Hmmm, wonder what will happened if i feed jelly to squirrel.
Nagualcina

Postby TotalyMeow » Tue May 12, 2015 8:54 pm

I think, if anything, snake skins and rabbit skins should be unable to make leathers because of their small size. Squirrel skins are going to be even smaller. Before we'd make squirrels usable for leather, I'd say we should make snakes and probably also rabbits not usable. Otherwise, yes, since squirrels don't need any combat ability, they shouldn't be able to provide leather. Your argument that rabbits are practically that easy to get is silly because if it were true, you wouldn't be arguing for a change.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Taipion » Tue May 12, 2015 9:14 pm

TotalyMeow wrote:I think, if anything, snake skins and rabbit skins should be unable to make leathers because of their small size. Squirrel skins are going to be even smaller. Before we'd make squirrels usable for leather, I'd say we should make snakes and probably also rabbits not usable. Otherwise, yes, since squirrels don't need any combat ability, they shouldn't be able to provide leather. Your argument that rabbits are practically that easy to get is silly because if it were true, you wouldn't be arguing for a change.

I did not say they are easy to get as in being more frequent, though I would have to walk quite some distance before I see a single squirrel (except for going to providence).

Anyway, I see you are set on that one and I can't change that with reason, so be it.
I only asked because squirrels seem a bit useless to me, and at least using their pelts would be something.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby lachlaan » Tue May 12, 2015 9:21 pm

Taipion wrote:I only asked because squirrels seem a bit useless to me, and at least using their pelts would be something.

They are useless for you because you are not the target audience for them. As with all the other spam junk recently added, it's aimed at noobs so they still get some benefit from picking up stuff.
Exactly 6.022 x 10^23 worth of Lach molecules.
lachlaan
Customer

Postby Taipion » Wed May 13, 2015 2:02 am

lachlaan wrote:
Taipion wrote:I only asked because squirrels seem a bit useless to me, and at least using their pelts would be something.

They are useless for you because you are not the target audience for them. As with all the other spam junk recently added, it's aimed at noobs so they still get some benefit from picking up stuff.

I am not?
I feel sad now...
Taipion

Postby JohnCarver » Wed May 13, 2015 11:01 am

Mini Update #2
*Fix'd a typo in Long Distance swimming.
*Fix'd a typo in Horticulture.
*Minor changes in the skill description of Mining.
*Mannequins now require 1 cotton cloth for the little shirt they appear to be wearing.
*The speed in which mannequins are build is now slower.
*Food Recipes made with squirrel will now have a "Made with Squirrel" buff and provide the appropriate bonus.
*It is now a crime to slice a fish in an inventory that does not belong to you.
*Weight on Nut stuffing has been reduced and now should be equal to the sum of its parts.
*Snowballs now last significantly longer in a cold snap.
*Snowflakes now last significantly longer in a cold snap.
*Fish Skeleton now has a unique ground graphic when dropped.
*The speed in which stamp mills stamp has been increased.
*Fix'd a bug in which buildings would display an error that they are not on fire when various items were clicked on them.
*New Structure: Potion Racks. Potion Racks can hold large volumes of Potions.
*Wardrobes now require embroidery in addition to cabinetmaking.
*Made a temporary fix to stop the bug that has caused some of the latest server crashes.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements