Legendary Lagfix

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Legendary Lagfix

Postby Brego » Tue May 12, 2015 6:30 am

Blood wrote:Is it possible to make it a debuff or stick a minute counter onto the actual providence port icon like greyed out with a counter? or should we ask Kandarim or Ender to do this?

it's just stupid idea to make such tears but didn't make it well like it must be ....why do we have so many debuffs with icons and they cannot add 1 more? but i didn't see any answer ...i'm pretty sure every ''debuff'' must have own icon
Madness
I would change everything in places, but to madness, I do not have enough strength
""I Love TRIBE ""
Tha Biddas "Dream Crusher"
Brego

Postby trungdle » Tue May 12, 2015 6:35 am

But it's just a timer isn't it? It is not a debuff ...
You thought I quit.
trungdle

Postby McTc » Tue May 12, 2015 6:47 am

trungdle wrote:But it's just a timer isn't it? It is not a debuff ...

Aren't most of debuffs simply a timers?
McTc

Postby rustles » Tue May 12, 2015 6:48 am

Taipion wrote:
biskvito wrote:attacking rabbits have the risk of summoning a Hare, in my experience they showed up enough times to make me only hunt close to my gates

o.O

I have seen like 2 or 3 hares in hundreds and hundreds of rabbits, and being KOed is not really something serious for a low level player.

Dude the idea is to give noobs the ability to buy a couple nails or some crap before they are capable of fighting rabbits at all.

Besides, getting K/O'd is a HUUGE deal when you're a noob because you lose half your inspiration during the initial hype when you just want to keep advancing like crazy, where you reach the state where you're just standing there waiting for your inspiration to regenerate because all you're capable of doing is building drying racks and camp fires.

This is the reason why most people quit the last time I tried recruiting a year ago.
rustles

Postby trungdle » Tue May 12, 2015 6:50 am

rustles wrote:Besides, getting K/O'd is a HUUGE deal when you're a noob because you lose half your inspiration during the initial hype when you just want to keep advancing like crazy, where you reach the state where you're just standing there waiting for your inspiration to regenerate because all you're capable of doing is building drying racks and camp fires.
This is the reason why most people quit the last time I tried recruiting a year ago.

Hey look! A valid point here. Although I know people will just say "they are not worthy," we can do something about it right? like more noobies constructions :P
You thought I quit.
trungdle

Postby M13tz » Tue May 12, 2015 8:20 am

rustles wrote:
Taipion wrote:
biskvito wrote:attacking rabbits have the risk of summoning a Hare, in my experience they showed up enough times to make me only hunt close to my gates

o.O

I have seen like 2 or 3 hares in hundreds and hundreds of rabbits, and being KOed is not really something serious for a low level player.

Dude the idea is to give noobs the ability to buy a couple nails or some crap before they are capable of fighting rabbits at all.

Besides, getting K/O'd is a HUUGE deal when you're a noob because you lose half your inspiration during the initial hype when you just want to keep advancing like crazy, where you reach the state where you're just standing there waiting for your inspiration to regenerate because all you're capable of doing is building drying racks and camp fires.

well even 5/5/5/5 noob char has TOONS of stuff to do after inspiration is depleted, just forage and search good spot for base, preparing spot and planing it takes a lot of time, way more than advancing to higher skills and proficiencies
M13tz

Postby RickyP602 » Tue May 12, 2015 9:03 am

M13tz wrote:
well even 5/5/5/5 noob char has TOONS of stuff to do after inspiration is depleted, just forage and search good spot for base, preparing spot and planing it takes a lot of time, way more than advancing to higher skills and proficiencies

It seems to me that there may be a good bit of stuff for them to do, but they probably don't know it yet. At least that's how I felt.
RickyP602

Postby Taipion » Tue May 12, 2015 9:23 am

rustles wrote:
Taipion wrote:

o.O

This still does not make sense, you can go explore, gathere everything in hunt for good inspirationals to sell, or feathers/charms,
squirrels make no difference here, just a welcome distraction.
Losing inspiration due to getting KOed is part of the learning process, as is patience.

There is still no reason why a squirrel pelt should behave any different than a rabbit pelt, maybe it's slightly smaller, but that is no issue anyway as rabbit/beaver/deer/bear all give 1 limed hide.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Procne » Tue May 12, 2015 9:32 am

Taipion wrote:... but that is no issue anyway as rabbit/beaver/deer/bear all give 1 limed hide.

And snake skins too.
Procne

Postby Taipion » Tue May 12, 2015 10:14 am

Procne wrote:
Taipion wrote:... but that is no issue anyway as rabbit/beaver/deer/bear all give 1 limed hide.

And snake skins too.

Yes, thanks.

It just does not make sense that 1 pelt behaves different than the others.
It might make sense to re-do this part and say you can do 1 limed hide with a beaver pelt, or 2-3 rabbit pelt, wheras deer and bear give more than one, but thats probably difficult to implement, and not worth the effort.

And to emphasize this again, the most difficult part in making leather is not the limed hides or the raw materials for them, but the tanning fluid.
Therefore, again, I see no reason why squirrel pelts should behave different than all others.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements