Legendary Lagfix

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Legendary Lagfix

Postby Procne » Tue May 12, 2015 10:19 am

Taipion wrote:And to emphasize this again, the most difficult part in making leather is not the limed hides or the raw materials for them, but the tanning fluid.
Therefore, again, I see no reason why squirrel pelts should behave different than all others.

In the beginning - yes. As you start hunting in the darkness it changes. March hares, hydrukeys and Quetzalcoatl drop 2-3 brains
Procne

Postby HolyLight » Tue May 12, 2015 10:22 am

Procne wrote:
Taipion wrote:And to emphasize this again, the most difficult part in making leather is not the limed hides or the raw materials for them, but the tanning fluid.
Therefore, again, I see no reason why squirrel pelts should behave different than all others.

In the beginning - yes. As you start hunting in the darkness it changes. March hares, hydrukeys and Quetzalcoatl drop 2-3 brains

Brains are still mega easy to collect outside the darkness, i find myself mostly dumping them due to them being worthless and taking up too much weight in my inventory during a hunting trip.

If i want to go specificially hunting for brains, just hunt beaver near provi and can get a good 50+ in an hour, as well as the hides + meat.
HolyLight

Postby Procne » Tue May 12, 2015 10:29 am

HolyLight wrote:
Procne wrote:

Brains are still mega easy to collect outside the darkness, i find myself mostly dumping them due to them being worthless and taking up too much weight in my inventory during a hunting trip.

If i want to go specificially hunting for brains, just hunt beaver near provi and can get a good 50+ in an hour, as well as the hides + meat.

Not saying they are hard in the light, but are harder than skins, since light animals give either 1 skin and no brain (rabbits & snakes) or 1 skin and 1 brain.
Procne

Postby Rifmaster » Tue May 12, 2015 10:33 am

Procne wrote:Not saying they are hard in the light, but are harder than skins, since light animals give either 1 skin and no brain (rabbits & snakes) or 1 skin and 1 brain.

Yes but keep in mind almost nobody uses beaver, bear, and darkness monster skins for tanning, but they do use the brains.
Rifmaster

Postby Procne » Tue May 12, 2015 10:39 am

Rifmaster wrote:
Procne wrote:Not saying they are hard in the light, but are harder than skins, since light animals give either 1 skin and no brain (rabbits & snakes) or 1 skin and 1 brain.

Yes but keep in mind almost nobody uses beaver, bear, and darkness monster skins for tanning, but they do use the brains.

Ok, but... before you started hunting in the darkness, and was making leather - were you running out of skins or brains?
Personally, for me skins were never a problem - 5 minutes was enough to check stumps around my base for snake skins or hunt a pack, or two, of rabbits for like 10 skins. Brains weren't that readily accessible - they involved a little exploring to find beavers / deers and butchering them (especially if you do it in Boston and don't want to leave corpses for witches to curse)
Procne

Postby ShadowTani » Tue May 12, 2015 11:23 am

You only need 20+ in y-bile and blood to start taking down beavers, 30+ to hunt safely (in case you accidentally aggro an additional beaver). By the time you learned the skills for big game hunting and beaver skinning you should have at least that kind of humors. And when you can hunt beavers, then brains isn't hard to get at all, really. Don't expect nubs being able to get access to everything from the start, otherwise it wouldn't be any incentive to progress.
ShadowTani

Postby Procne » Tue May 12, 2015 11:26 am

ShadowTani wrote:You only need 20+ in y-bile and blood to start taking down beavers, 30+ to hunt safely (in case you accidentally aggro an additional beaver). By the time you learned the skills for big game hunting and beaver skinning you should have at least that kind of humors. And when you can hunt beavers, then brains isn't hard to get at all, really. Don't expect nubs being able to get access to everything from the start, otherwise it wouldn't be any incentive to progress.

Noone really said it's hard to get brains, noone was complaining about it. You are absolutely right, but it brings nothing to the discussion, it's just repeating something obvious, that everyone agrees with.
Procne

Postby Taipion » Tue May 12, 2015 3:44 pm

Again, why should squirrel pelts be any different than rabbit pelts?
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby trungdle » Tue May 12, 2015 3:48 pm

Taipion wrote:Again, why should squirrel pelts be any different than rabbit pelts?

Agreed, let's change rabbit pelts same as squirrel pelts. ¦]
You thought I quit.
trungdle

Postby pingytalk » Tue May 12, 2015 4:13 pm

Please no, rabbit pelts are my favorite source of income right now q.q
pingytalk

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements