Bringing Balance to the Forage

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Bringing Balance to the Forage

Postby TotalyMeow » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:04 pm

Perchik wrote:It's become too easy to collect organic for composters and fish traps.
I think that must be remodelled.
Compost bin must have direct weight limit. For example 50kg, where 1 kg of organic will become 1 piece of humus.
Therefore, if you have x10 any plant with weight 0.1 kg you will get 1kg humus.

For fish traps it must be a special craftable item "fishy food" made from any plant, that requires more plants for 1 fishy.

Compost bins already work that way. There's a limit to how much you can put in them and different things add different amounts. If you find you're picking up more than you need, just stop picking up so much. There's really no reason to make composting difficult.

Fish traps have a chance to catch a fish for each item in them. Iirc, the chance is smaller for crappier items like wood chips and grass so you won't get as many fish if that's the sort of things you use. I think that works fine.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Scilly_guy » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:45 pm

TotalyMeow wrote:There's really no reason to make composting difficult.

:( naaaaooooohhh
I always wanted a complicated composting system, that rewarded you for collecting different categories of materials.
Scilly_guy

Postby bologna_man00 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:15 pm

Perchik wrote:It's become too easy to collect organic for composters and fish traps.
I think that must be remodelled.
Compost bin must have direct weight limit. For example 50kg, where 1 kg of organic will become 1 piece of humus.
Therefore, if you have x10 any plant with weight 0.1 kg you will get 1kg humus.

For fish traps it must be a special craftable item "fishy food" made from any plant, that requires more plants for 1 fishy.

Protip: use myrtle bushes for everything. Use acorns to fill the traps, use the leaves to fill your compost. They also work wonderfully for feeding worms if you can get some high purity bushes.
bologna_man00

Postby Zapt13 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:51 am

JohnCarver wrote:Players may no longer plant Spooky Redcaps

I never found one of these foraging, but I did have one appear in a garden pot. Are these the Jalapeno of mushrooms? I was also able to plant these in a pot today, so apparently we still can plant them.
Re-enter your signature!
Zapt13

Postby Nagualcina » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:14 pm

Zapt13 wrote:

I never found one of these foraging, but I did have one appear in a garden pot. Are these the Jalapeno of mushrooms? I was also able to plant these in a pot today, so apparently we still can plant them.

Same here...
Nagualcina

Postby Zapt13 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:46 pm

Nagualcina wrote:
Zapt13 wrote:

Same here...

Looking back on my gardening records, I believe this came from a Witches Hat
Re-enter your signature!
Zapt13

Postby vysen » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:50 pm

Zapt13 wrote:

You might be able to plant it but it won't turn into what you want.

On another note, has anyone actually been finding old logs/gourds? I can find steer skulls by circling the right places long enough with Foraging but I've had no luck with the others.
vysen

Postby Dallane » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:57 pm

vysen wrote:
Zapt13 wrote:

On another note, has anyone actually been finding old logs/gourds? I can find steer skulls by circling the right places long enough with Foraging but I've had no luck with the others.

i have yes.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby mintypie » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:07 pm

i have yes.

I found some poor soul selling the logs for 5 silver each in the stalls...
mintypie

Postby rustles » Fri May 01, 2015 9:06 pm

JohnCarver wrote:
vysen wrote:I hope these were made harder to find..

They are significantly harder to find now.

Really? I found that they are friggen everywhere(the singing logs, at least) to the point where I don't even bother picking them up anymore(weigh too much, crappy inspiration cost for skill gain, not worth carrying)
rustles

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements