Bringing Balance to the Forage

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Bringing Balance to the Forage

Postby Procne » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:01 pm

Some rubbish is nice (grass, rotten logs, daisies), and some seems useless and annoying (gneiss, honeysuckle kundzu, fern, those colorful leaves)

Also, swamp doesn't seem to have any rubbish foragables - has the chance to get rare extras been reduced in swamps too?
Procne

Postby Dallane » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:08 pm

I'm not sure what the complaint is about. I'm find stuff in wander without any issue
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Claeyt » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:16 pm

JohnCarver wrote:
Toorimakun wrote:would be nice if the foraging skill did something....

The foraging skill normalizes your chances to find 'better' things.

What about "Flora and Fauna", does it affect anything at all? Does it give you more 7 use inspi spawns?
jorb wrote:(jwhitehorn) you are an ungrateful, spoiled child

As the river rolled over the cliffs, my own laughing joy was drowned out by the roaring deluge of the water. The great cataract of Darwoth's Tears fell over and over endlessly.
Claeyt

Postby Dallane » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:26 pm

Claeyt wrote:
JohnCarver wrote:
Toorimakun wrote:would be nice if the foraging skill did something....

The foraging skill normalizes your chances to find 'better' things.

What about "Flora and Fauna", does it affect anything at all? Does it give you more 7 use inspi spawns?

Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Thor » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:27 pm

¦]
saltmummy wrote:You sad sad little man, my heart weeps for you. Better not go outside or your thin, tissue paper like skin might spontaneously rupture while your fragile sensibilities violently shatter spraying salt and urine all over the street.
Thor

Postby Zapt13 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:04 pm

Ok, so the panel that shows if it's Everbloom or Coldsnap has a day, month, time on it. I couldn't find anything from the Devs regarding an in-game calendar, anyone else notice this?

Side note: text wrap and capitalization is a bit off. Can't read some of the information because of the border in the corners, using Latikai.
Re-enter your signature!
Zapt13

Postby TotalyMeow » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:30 pm

Claeyt wrote:What about "Flora and Fauna", does it affect anything at all? Does it give you more 7 use inspi spawns?

Just go read the tooltip.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Kandarim » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:45 pm

Zapt13 wrote:Ok, so the panel that shows if it's Everbloom or Coldsnap has a day, month, time on it. I couldn't find anything from the Devs regarding an in-game calendar, anyone else notice this?

Side note: text wrap and capitalization is a bit off. Can't read some of the information because of the border in the corners, using Latikai.

"feature" of my client. No relation between seasons as far as I know. simply the server's date since it started counting (time goes three times as fast on the server). It can show you whether the server has been down or not since the last time you checked, if you're into that sort of thing.
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby Zapt13 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:40 pm

I very much am in to that sort of thing. When doing things like waiting for steel to get its 100th tick, or to destroy a claimstone that occupies too much area to use eminent domain it's very important to know how much time has passed for the server.

Good feature!
Re-enter your signature!
Zapt13

Postby JohnCarver » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:53 pm

Kandarim wrote:
Then again, my issue remains: when out foraging I ignore the spammed rubbish stuff because I'd only be picking them up in order to drop them again 1 second later. Yet on the stuff I do pick up, the chances of spawning a nice extra is drastically lowered because those extras can also be spawned off rubbish. What about rubbish not spawning them in the first place, and keeping the spawn rates of 7-uses and the like off other things as it was? Or do you want us to be picking up everything in sight only to drop it a couple of seconds later?

This is a fair request, but the problem is that I would like for new players to get the 7-use inspirationals and I consider a new player the most likely person to be picking up the rubbish.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements