Salem Launch Trailer Contest

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Salem Launch Trailer Contest

Postby Dallane » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:02 am

Judaism wrote:Here's mine, I just passed the 3 mins tho.... :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VH2OxUiuSKU&feature=youtu.be

lmao
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby MagicManICT » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:32 pm

Looks like you can cut more than a few seconds there by shaving fractions off the transitions and get under 3 min. (Not sure how hard and fast they're going to be with that 3 minute limit.) Good entry!

To every: good luck with your entries!
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Darwoth » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:48 am

unfortunately being unable to use a real soundtrack pretty much ***** my desire to make one (matching up the right music with the right clip is a lot of the fun part for me), as does the no profanity as i am not sure but i know some clips i have that would of fit well with this sort of video probably had "***** 1" type descriptions.

also a side issue is that a 1 - 3 minute time limit is pretty inferior for a game like this, the video would have to be heavily edited to show more than a few "things" with the slower pace of actual gameplay, even games like darkfall with their twitch based gameplay had 10ish minute official trailers.
Darwoth

Postby trungdle » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:04 am

Darwoth wrote:unfortunately being unable to use a real soundtrack pretty much ***** my desire to make one (matching up the right music with the right clip is a lot of the fun part for me), as does the no profanity as i am not sure but i know some clips i have that would of fit well with this sort of video probably had "***** 1" type descriptions.

also a side issue is that a 1 - 3 minute time limit is pretty inferior for a game like this, the video would have to be heavily edited to show more than a few "things" with the slower pace of actual gameplay, even games like darkfall with their twitch based gameplay had 10ish minute official trailers.

We would enjoy that unofficial but accurate trailer lol
You thought I quit.
trungdle

Postby MarpTarpton » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:12 am

Darwoth wrote:unfortunately being unable to use a real soundtrack pretty much ***** my desire to make one (matching up the right music with the right clip is a lot of the fun part for me), as does the no profanity as i am not sure but i know some clips i have that would of fit well with this sort of video probably had "***** 1" type descriptions.

I was hoping you'd enter. I have a hard time believing you actually don't understand the first two issues and why they're necessary. As for the last, this isn't supposed to be informative as much as representative in a period of time that would keep people from getting bored. Entice new people to play so they can look further into it with information we publicize (future videos by MortalMoments or professionals we get on board) or that the community does as a separate thing.
Procne wrote: Devs have again proven that they dont give a crap about untalented and lazy players.
MarpTarpton
Site Admin

Postby Darwoth » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:22 am

i do understand the first two to a point, primarily the music issue if you want to promote it officially, however i do think disqualifying based off of a casual "bad word" seen here or there is a bit fischer price for the realities of this game and its community :lol:

the music issue would maybe be mitigated also if this were an "unofficial" contest so we had the freedom to do what we wanted, and then if you wanted to use it officially you could then splice whatever you wanted to it instead. every game i have seen has someone take the official "boring" trailer and later make a better version of it without all the legal BS.

i know the video isnt meant to be a tutorial, just saying 3 minutes is often to short to even show "action" of any degree where the watcher has an idea whats going on a 5 minute upper limit is more realistic imo and the average entry would probably still be in the 3 minute range.
Darwoth

Postby trungdle » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:32 am

How about a prize for best unqualified "approved unoffical" trailer? :D
I know it sounds like we're making a prize just so Darwoth can win something :lol:
You thought I quit.
trungdle

Postby Darwoth » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:35 am

i'm probably to lazy to enter anyway unless it looks like something like the ***** judaism just made is going to win, then i will be forced to intervene on behalf of salem whatever the rules are.
Darwoth

Postby MarpTarpton » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:41 am

:)

We're all on the same page then. I wouldn't be against having another competition for unofficial trailers, but for now we're focusing on something that can be shared in an official capacity.
Procne wrote: Devs have again proven that they dont give a crap about untalented and lazy players.
MarpTarpton
Site Admin

Postby Rubberduckbandit » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:02 am

So am i allowed to submit a 3 minute video of 2 gay lovers who venture Salem and all it has to offer while escaping from the evil clutches of the simple minded townsfolk who refuse to see their true love blossom into something beautiful like for example when they sell donuts for half off at my favorite doughnut shop?
Rubberduckbandit

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements