Salem Launch Trailer Contest

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Salem Launch Trailer Contest

Postby Lusewing » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:14 am

:oops: OK im really starting to worry now, people seem to think Im going to come out with something fantastic, thats a lot of pressure. Lets all just have fun and see what we can come up with :mrgreen:
Do not argue with idiots, for they will pull you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Lusewing

Postby MarpTarpton » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:42 pm

I have removed some posts regarding "free" music to avoid confusion. Royalty-Free (through a creative commons license) means you can use it, with a provision to cite the artist included; however, it cannot be used as "official" promotional/marketing material by Mortal Moments, based on company guidelines. If you submit a video with music other than something custom-made with written permission from the artist (if you didn't make it yourself) OR something not included in the soundtrack file, we cannot use it as official promotional material and the video will be disqualified from being a winner. We are looking for pieces of community-generated content that we can use to promote the game officially. Like I said, we may make unofficial trailer/let's play contests in the future (or you can do it just for fun), but they have no bearing on this contest.
Procne wrote: Devs have again proven that they dont give a crap about untalented and lazy players.
MarpTarpton
Site Admin

Postby Thor » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:23 pm

I listened to all songs in that soundtrack and one in particular captures the athmosphere and perhaps the very essence of Salem - and that is the one I am going to use.
saltmummy wrote:You sad sad little man, my heart weeps for you. Better not go outside or your thin, tissue paper like skin might spontaneously rupture while your fragile sensibilities violently shatter spraying salt and urine all over the street.
Thor

Postby Lusewing » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:34 pm

I would just like to check something. I am signed up and use files from two linked sites, Audioblocks and Videoblocks, their terms of use are stated as follows:

Our content may be used for nearly any project, commercial or otherwise, including feature films, broadcast, commercial, industrial, educational video, print projects, multimedia, games, and the internet, so long as substantial value is added to the content. (For example, incorporating a video clip into a commercial qualifies, while reposting our video clip on YouTube with no modification or incorporation does not.) Once you download a file it is yours to keep and use forever, royalty-free, even if you change your subscription or cancel your account.

Also
Can I use downloaded content to create work for a client?
Yes. However, the original stock files may not be provided for the client to use unless the client has a registered active account.

Do I need to credit Video Blocks when I use their content?
No. (But it's always appreciated!) If your project requires licensing information, you can credit "Footage Firm, Inc."

This is not a free site nor free content but as far as i can tell so long as I am paying for the content, and i am the one useing the content to create a trailer there should be no issue for me to then supply the trailer to Mortal Moments so long as I am not supplying the orignal, unedited, files. Have i got this right?
Do not argue with idiots, for they will pull you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Lusewing

Postby Argentis » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:10 pm

I usually do **** and not give a ***** about the law. But yeah I can see how it can creates some complications sometimes...
Argentis

Postby Nikixos » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:16 am

I thought these soundtracks belonged to the game too?
edit: whoops i better link the tracklist instead of the channel
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 8qifu5L-4X
Image Image
Nikixos

Postby Brona » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:17 am

Lusewing wrote:I would just like to check something. I am signed up and use files from two linked sites, Audioblocks and Videoblocks, their terms of use are stated as follows:

Our content may be used for nearly any project, commercial or otherwise, including feature films, broadcast, commercial, industrial, educational video, print projects, multimedia, games, and the internet, so long as substantial value is added to the content. (For example, incorporating a video clip into a commercial qualifies, while reposting our video clip on YouTube with no modification or incorporation does not.) Once you download a file it is yours to keep and use forever, royalty-free, even if you change your subscription or cancel your account.

Also
Yes. However, the original stock files may not be provided for the client to use unless the client has a registered active account.

No. (But it's always appreciated!) If your project requires licensing information, you can credit "Footage Firm, Inc."

This is not a free site nor free content but as far as i can tell so long as I am paying for the content, and i am the one useing the content to create a trailer there should be no issue for me to then supply the trailer to Mortal Moments so long as I am not supplying the orignal, unedited, files. Have i got this right?

This seems like it would be alright according to the ground rules. Obviously I'm not an admin so you are definitely going to want to check with them before you invest the time and effort.
Brona

Postby MarpTarpton » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:55 pm

Lusewing wrote:I would just like to check something. I am signed up and use files from two linked sites, Audioblocks and Videoblocks, their terms of use are stated as follows:

Also

Ok. You may use this as their FAQ page clearly gives the same level of consent as written permission. I will update the main post. If anyone else wants to use services which also, very clearly, outlines the the use can be for commercial purposes and does not need citing. However, I will be asking for sources of music and if you can't provide a source with this level of consent, disqualification is highly likely.
Procne wrote: Devs have again proven that they dont give a crap about untalented and lazy players.
MarpTarpton
Site Admin

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:17 am

Argentis wrote:I usually do **** and not give a ***** about the law. But yeah I can see how it can creates some complications sometimes...

Living the life a internet pirate and a corporate pirate are two very different things. One, you don't get a **** about the law, and the other you have to play with the rules, usually fairly freely. (Implying game devs are corporate pirates? :P )
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Silent_Bob » Fri May 01, 2015 3:39 am

Like to go ahead and submit my trailer. I really have too much time on my hands XD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brYJyjfEsVw
Silent_Bob

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements