The Sky is the Limit

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: The Sky is the Limit

Postby Dallane » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:27 am

Blow darts seem REALLY OP. Wonder how they will work out.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby mrmay87 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:28 am

How are you complaining about updates? This is awesome having so many of them. Who cares about a little downtime
mrmay87

Postby JohnCarver » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:28 am

Dallane wrote:Blow darts seem REALLY OP. Wonder how they will work out.

There will be a very meaningful difference between a "Throw Away Alt" on the battlefield and one that has invested what is required to use poisons.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby RickyP602 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:29 am

mrmay87 wrote:How are you complaining about updates? This is awesome having so many of them. Who cares about a little downtime

I don't think many do. This doesn't mean that a little talk about the merits of demerits of patch day can't be had :)
RickyP602

Postby JohnCarver » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:31 am

Pilgrim nailed it. We would actually 'prefer' we get all the crashes and issues out in a short period of time thus freeing us up to develop instead of having 'awkward' times when the server crashes and it takes hours for us to get it back up.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Mallooc » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:32 am

Screenshot of skybox looks wonderful. Adds a ton. Can't wait to log in and see it!
Thanks for the new patch, always look forward to exploring new things. Well done.
Mallooc

Postby ericbomb » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:32 am

I'm still trying to figure out what the skybox being left in means.
JohnCarver wrote:I reserve the right to torch your base.

JohnCarver wrote:I am offended!
ericbomb

Postby RickyP602 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:32 am

JohnCarver wrote:Pilgrim nailed it. We would actually 'prefer' we get all the crashes and issues out in a short period of time thus freeing us up to develop instead of having 'awkward' times when the server crashes and it takes hours for us to get it back up.

That makes good sense also.
RickyP602

Postby JohnCarver » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:34 am

Mallooc wrote:Screenshot of skybox looks wonderful. Adds a ton. Can't wait to log in and see it!
Thanks for the new patch, always look forward to exploring new things. Well done.

Keep in mind that I am unsure if the custom clients are going to show it or not. But they should 'work' at least. You may just have to wait until they update their clients before you see it.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby RonPaulFTW » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:35 am

RickyP602 wrote:
JohnCarver wrote:Pilgrim nailed it. We would actually 'prefer' we get all the crashes and issues out in a short period of time thus freeing us up to develop instead of having 'awkward' times when the server crashes and it takes hours for us to get it back up.

That makes good sense also.

There's a tradeoff to both approaches. And if JC etc... have full time other jobs during the week then yes - weekend patches are best. But at somepoint when you are heavily marketing game - you don't want to be crashed when most new players are trying it out - or crashed at the peak time when people want to play.

mrmay87 wrote:How are you complaining about updates? This is awesome having so many of them. Who cares about a little downtime

I'm not - or not intending to at any rate. I love the updates. I'm suggesting that as we move out of beta - tolerance for server being down during peak usage (weekends) will diminish.
Last edited by RonPaulFTW on Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
RonPaulFTW

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements