The Sky is the Limit

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: The Sky is the Limit

Postby Hose » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:02 am

Sir, there is a typo in the facebook post
My dog walks me to the park and doggy styles me, if you find that weird you're an arrogant gender-assuming bloodthirsty gun-loving cisgender bestial sexist incestuous white-previlege misogynistic biased raped privileged Nazi slave owner terrorist lesbian.
Hose

Postby mrmay87 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:02 am

nice
mrmay87

Postby RonPaulFTW » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:03 am

Hose wrote:Sir, there is a typo in the facebook post

Server down too

Haven't seen this one before:

Server is not currently running

An internal error occurred.
RonPaulFTW

Postby Amk » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:05 am

Oh man the server is broke >> i think its cause the hydukeys don't really want to attack witches. their protesting
Amk

Postby JohnCarver » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:05 am

Yes yes. As always, we have managed to find new and exciting ways to break stuff. Working on it..... While we could probably launch back up without issue, our 'backups' are failing before we do. Thus why we are bringing it down and doing formal backups just incase.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby RonPaulFTW » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:15 am

JohnCarver wrote:Yes yes. As always, we have managed to find new and exciting ways to break stuff. Working on it..... While we could probably launch back up without issue, our 'backups' are failing before we do. Thus why we are bringing it down and doing formal backups just incase.

Part of me really wishes that you would drop new patches on Mondays - so that kinks are all worked out before weekend when many of us have extra time to play :(
RonPaulFTW

Postby honeymilk » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:18 am

RonPaulFTW wrote:
JohnCarver wrote:Yes yes. As always, we have managed to find new and exciting ways to break stuff. Working on it..... While we could probably launch back up without issue, our 'backups' are failing before we do. Thus why we are bringing it down and doing formal backups just incase.

Part of me really wishes that you would drop new patches on Mondays - so that kinks are all worked out before weekend when many of us have extra time to play :(

That would hopefully give us less crashes during the weekend too when a patch is out
honeymilk
Customer

Postby Nikixos » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:18 am

RonPaulFTW wrote:Part of me really wishes that you would drop new patches on Mondays - so that kinks are all worked out before weekend when many of us have extra time to play :(

We ALL know what happens when the updates have a scheduled date. But still what ^ mentioned. I feel very sad when there are no weekend events because of the fixes, which happened only once in 2 months i guess :D
Image Image
Nikixos

Postby RickyP602 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:21 am

Nikixos wrote:
RonPaulFTW wrote:Part of me really wishes that you would drop new patches on Mondays - so that kinks are all worked out before weekend when many of us have extra time to play :(

We ALL know what happens when the updates have a scheduled date.

They don't make it out on time. This of course is how it will always be with that kind of implementation.

However, that being said, I do like the idea of having a set day that is potential patch day. Many games do this, and I think, to great success. League of Legends comes to mind, If there is a patch, it will be on Tuesday (or at least they did this at one point or another, I haven't played in some time). I like the idea of having patch Monday or Tuesday myself. Like the guy said, all week to weed out bugs, then hopefully all is well for the weekend.

Either way though, it's great that the devs in this game are as active as they are!
RickyP602

Postby pilgrim » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:27 am

The point of having Friday patches is to have the highest server load and therefore a better chance the bugs are brought out sooner. Then JC can get back to work on other content instead of slowly fixing the bugs all week, he can find most in just 2 days.
pilgrim

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements