Town Criers Wanted

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Town Criers Wanted

Postby Nikixos » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:59 am

Well, i sent this mmorpg specialized website the news that the game is about to be released, and told everyone commenting how awesome the game is and how you can recover some of your losses with the burial skill after an unfortunate death. They even thanked me for the article.

* Gracias a Nikixos por avisarnos de la vuelta de este juego
translated as * Thanks to Nikixos for informing us about the return of this game.

picture:

actual website: http://www.zonammorpg.com/2015/04/16/el ... ara-junio/

Translation of the article:

The most veterans of this website might remember Salem. A small project from Paradox to create a Sandbox PVP open world MMORPG, focusing mostly on crafting and perma-death.
After many months without news from the game after its original creators dissapeared. The company Mortal Moments which was working on a similar game decided to buy the game's copyrights and continue developing from the point it was left.

Now, a few months after taking the proyect's control, they already have an estimated release date for the next June 19th.

The game takes place in the american colonial period. But don't expect huge graphics for it is not a game for everyone, it's a game created for a special public who is looking for the thrilling experience of a perma death mmo, which is not common in the MMO world.

* Thanks to Nikixos for informing us about the return of this game.

comments:

Translation:

Azaith: The permadeath reminds me of Realm of the Mad God, it looks interesting to play ^^
Nikixos: That's true! But in this game you only die if another players kills you, or under special circumstances, even then the skill to murder is expensive and rare.
It's implemented so that you don't trust other players so easly and you immerse in a hostile and difficult world, also, so you can kill people that robs you.

But it's pretty awesome! Because you can plan your will and your next character inherits your lands and some of your progress in the case you die, also if your skeleton decomposes without someone taking your scalp you will get even more bonuses (e.g. When you die in your base because of witchery).
Other players can also build crypts or tombs for your dead body, and each time someone puts flowers in your grave you will gain 10% bonus to your previous progress.

KibaGrey (moderator): Interesting...

Also some of this http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game ... st/6632528
and this http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game ... st/6628728

And i post a lot on the articles i find when googling "salem mmo" in the last week
But i get trolled a lot so i won't post those :cry:
Image Image
Nikixos

Postby ericbomb » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:41 pm

Not super impressive, but I'll baby sit it for a few days and bump it when it falls down whenever I can while not double posting.

Me get cowbell now?

http://www.kongregate.com/forums/3-general-gaming

linky
Last edited by ericbomb on Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JohnCarver wrote:I reserve the right to torch your base.

JohnCarver wrote:I am offended!
ericbomb

Postby Brona » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:50 pm

ericbomb wrote:Image

Not super impressive, but I'll baby sit it for a few days and bump it when it falls down whenever I can while not double posting.

Me get cowbell now?

I might be missing something but I can't tell where this was posted. Link?
Brona

Postby MarpTarpton » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:52 pm

ericbomb wrote:Image

Me get cowbell now?

Post the link or PM me with it.
Procne wrote: Devs have again proven that they dont give a crap about untalented and lazy players.
MarpTarpton
Site Admin

Postby Loepurt » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:49 pm

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/ ... 517.0.html

Just posted on Taleworlds. Now let's see if people reply..
Loepurt

Postby Rubberduckbandit » Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:57 am

I have a relative who is a big lol streamer/youtuber with almost 800k subscribers if i can convince him to make a post about salem could i get the cowbell on his behalf/the best prize?
Rubberduckbandit

Postby Nikixos » Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:28 am

Rubberduckbandit wrote:I have a relative who is a big lol streamer/youtuber with almost 800k subscribers if i can convince him to make a post about salem could i get the cowbell on his behalf/the best prize?

Yes! please! :lol:
OR he could give it to you instead?
Image Image
Nikixos

Postby Rubberduckbandit » Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:34 am

Right, i'm just hoping he says yes. and if he does i should definitely get that grand prize 8-)
Rubberduckbandit

Postby trungdle » Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:35 am

Rubberduckbandit wrote:Right, i'm just hoping he says yes. and if he does i should definitely get that grand prize 8-)

He's gonna get hooked and keep it for himself ¦]
You thought I quit.
trungdle

Postby Rubberduckbandit » Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:39 am

trungdle wrote:
Rubberduckbandit wrote:Right, i'm just hoping he says yes. and if he does i should definitely get that grand prize 8-)

He's gonna get hooked and keep it for himself ¦]

I doubt it, he makes a living making lol videos, he doesn't have the time for a game like Salem, which takes such huge commitment.
Rubberduckbandit

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements