Town Criers Wanted

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Town Criers Wanted

Postby MarpTarpton » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:33 pm

My fellow Salemites,

I hope you are as excited as all of us at Mortal Moments after the announcement of Salem's official launch. We have begun the first of a several-tiered marketing strategy in order to get the game out there, but we would also like your help.

Historically, Salem has always had its best (and most committed) results in player growth due to organic spread (namely word-of-mouth and regular updates). We fully intend to service the game well into the future, and ask that you help us by spreading news of our release throughout the seediest corners of the internet. Beginning today, you are all bequeathed with the title of Town Crier, fit to announce to the masses how great Salem is. Here's what you do:

1) Create a post/entry/tweet/tumbl/blog/etc on a vessel of your choosing. If an online forum, it must be a forum dedicated to games (not A game, but one for video games in general). If a social media/blog post, you must show a follower/friend count/subscribed readership of over 300 individuals. Also acceptable are flash mobs and standing on street corners will bull horns, but we of course take no responsibility for your antics :)

2) Your post must describe how Salem is different from your run of the mill MMO and why this difference is great.

3) Due to the limitations of Twitter, post length is not a levy of content, but all non-tweets are expected to flesh out what makes Salem a worthwhile gaming experience with as much space as necessary to convey your message.

"But Marp," you mewl. "Why would I do this relatively simple task? I mean, I know you guys have pushed a huge amount of content and made the game way better, but culture has ingrained in me a sense of entitlement that has removed the blue from the skies and the taste from my Lucky Charms if there isn't a prize in the box."

There, there, sweet child - we know what you like. Each individual who provides proof of a post that meets the criteria will be eligible to receive a highly coveted Cow Bell! These bells will allow you to make your presence known from here to the Lumberwoods, crying well after launch on all manner of topics! You must have the Musician skill to play the Cow Bell. All entrants are subject to review by JC and myself to qualify. All you have to do is post the post in this thread (a screenshot will do, uploaded to imgur, and blocking out personal info). Proof of followers also required. Please PM me when you've posted so I don't miss anyone and, if you don't want to advertise your follower/friend count information, you can include that in the PM for privacy.

The best Town Crier, as determined by us, will also win a fabulous secret prize in addition to their Cow Bell.

Hopefully this will help fuel the fires of our marketing campaign and provide some added faces to our ranks. Please let me know if you have questions. Rules are subject to change. This contest ends June 12th, one week before launch.
Procne wrote: Devs have again proven that they dont give a crap about untalented and lazy players.
MarpTarpton
Site Admin

Re: Town Criers Wanted

Postby Procne » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:46 pm

Promotional material needed first
Procne

Postby Lusewing » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:58 pm

Good luck everyone. I will be making sure the communities I’m part of all get to know about Salem...though I think I will skip this contest, some of the communities I frequent might not be looked on too fondly by others ^.^
Last edited by Lusewing on Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Do not argue with idiots, for they will pull you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Lusewing

Postby Nikixos » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:08 pm

I was not expecting this haha it's a really good idea :D
Image Image
Nikixos

Postby Spazzmaticus » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:48 pm

Yeah, I know a couple of guys. I bet they'd fit right in... ;)
Spazzmaticus

Postby Darwoth » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:49 am

i know several large pvp guilds and various pvp emulator communities i have a history with that i could plug the game to, however i am not a retard and do not use twitter and all that other **** you mentioned (followers, lolz), if a forum post with a bit of **** talk to make them want to come kick my ass will suffice ill do what i can.
Darwoth

Postby Claeyt » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:16 am

More Cowbell

1018 views so far, 47 comments, and 3 Colesie posts of him being back here on Salem, I'd like my cowbell please.
jorb wrote:(jwhitehorn) you are an ungrateful, spoiled child

As the river rolled over the cliffs, my own laughing joy was drowned out by the roaring deluge of the water. The great cataract of Darwoth's Tears fell over and over endlessly.
Claeyt

Postby JohnCarver » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:46 am

Claeyt wrote:More Cowbell

1018 views so far, 47 comments, and 3 Colesie posts of him being back here on Salem, I'd like my cowbell please.

Cowbell Granted.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Claeyt » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:55 am

JohnCarver wrote:Cowbell Granted.

Wooooooooo!!!!

The Beat Shall Not Drop!

TY Colesie.
jorb wrote:(jwhitehorn) you are an ungrateful, spoiled child

As the river rolled over the cliffs, my own laughing joy was drowned out by the roaring deluge of the water. The great cataract of Darwoth's Tears fell over and over endlessly.
Claeyt

Postby Brona » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:53 am

Darwoth wrote:i know several large pvp guilds and various pvp emulator communities i have a history with that i could plug the game to, however i am not a retard and do not use twitter and all that other **** you mentioned (followers, lolz), if a forum post with a bit of **** talk to make them want to come kick my ass will suffice ill do what i can.

:lol:
Claeyt wrote:More Cowbell

Bravo Mr. Claeyt
Brona

Next

Return to Announcements