Off to the Market

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Off to the Market

Postby Dallane » Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:07 pm

someone give marp a cowbell
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby trungdle » Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:08 pm

Dallane wrote:someone give marp a cowbell

No he badboy keeping secret. No cowbell.
That was a very good interview really!
Edit: GamerZakh said he gonna come back on Lusewing's video. Wooooo!
You thought I quit.
trungdle

Postby Enrymion » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:47 am

A thing you should fix before release.
I tried the Tutorial, couldn't figure out how to build a drying rack, when I built inspirational it just used the resources that were green but after placing the sign I have no idea what to do. I tried clicking and control clicking and shift clicking everything I could think of but all I managed to do was drop my branches.

I did figure it out after reading some tutorial here but why not have the build window behave more like the craft window? ie. Highlight the materials you need and press the build button(or some new button) to add them to the sign and build it if has everything. Or just make sure the tutorial tells you to use shift+scroll.
Enrymion

Postby JohnCarver » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:49 am

Enrymion wrote:A thing you should fix before release.
I tried the Tutorial, couldn't figure out how to build a drying rack, when I built inspirational it just used the resources that were green but after placing the sign I have no idea what to do. I tried clicking and control clicking and shift clicking everything I could think of but all I managed to do was drop my branches.

I did figure it out after reading some tutorial here but why not have the build window behave more like the craft window? ie. Highlight the materials you need and press the build button(or some new button) to add them to the sign and build it if has everything. Or just make sure the tutorial tells you to use shift+scroll.

The tutorial does pop up a giant window that explains EXACTLY how to build something in great detail? Did you perhaps close the giant window telling you what to do without reading it? And then chose NOT to open the help menu to read the guide telling you how to shift-scroll?
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Nikixos » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:52 am

Enrymion wrote:ie. Highlight the materials you need and press the build button(or some new button) to add them to the sign and build it if has everything.

Actually that sounds like a pretty comfortable change to the game, that it adds stuff to the sign as you build it... bueh, it's never gonna happen.
Image Image
Nikixos

Postby Kandarim » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:26 am

it sounds like a very bad thing, because I want to have control over which items are used to build. Wouldn't be the first time I lost a sodom or babel to a brick wall's normal brick slot.
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby JohnCarver » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:31 am

Kandarim wrote:it sounds like a very bad thing, because I want to have control over which items are used to build. Wouldn't be the first time I lost a sodom or babel to a brick wall's normal brick slot.

This.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Nikixos » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:54 am

Kandarim wrote:it sounds like a very bad thing, because I want to have control over which items are used to build. Wouldn't be the first time I lost a sodom or babel to a brick wall's normal brick slot.

Well, i'm not discussing if it should be implemented or not, but just as inspirationals craftings, the idea is that you can also see which items are lightened and ready to use when using the sign post, and just as when crafting inspirationals, you can move your beloved brick to your backpack or pick it up and put it back in your inventory so it is not selected
this belongs more to ideas and innovations tho
Image Image
Nikixos

Postby Enrymion » Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:08 am

The giant pop-up actually doesn't explain how to get a item from inventory to the sign. Only how to rotate and use more precision before placing it.

Also checking the tutorials more one of them does tell me that I should be able to shift click to transfer from one inventory to another but apparently construction sign isn't considered an inventory so that doesn't work.

Is that not a problem when crafting items? Or why is a different system used for it?

Nikixos wrote:
Enrymion wrote:ie. Highlight the materials you need and press the build button(or some new button) to add them to the sign and build it if has everything.

Actually that sounds like a pretty comfortable change to the game, that it adds stuff to the sign as you build it... bueh, it's never gonna happen.

Just to clarify I didn't really mean add as you build it, just that I wanted a button that adds all the items from my inventory that I can to the sign(and in order to avoid needing a another button it could've been the build button that only starts building once you have added everything, I didn't realize you could start building without having all the items)
Enrymion

Postby JohnCarver » Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:27 am

Enrymion wrote:The giant pop-up actually doesn't explain how to get a item from inventory to the sign. Only how to rotate and use more precision before placing it.

Ah, You are correct. Will be fix'd next patch.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements