Off to the Market

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Off to the Market

Postby Propulsion » Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:14 am

Just wondering why you are calling this the launch of the game if you are not wiping it? Seems to me you are just marketing a game that was already launched.
Propulsion

Postby trungdle » Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:35 am

Propulsion wrote:Just wondering why you are calling this the launch of the game if you are not wiping it? Seems to me you are just marketing a game that was already launched.

It's the lauch of a new server-the experdition!
You thought I quit.
trungdle

Postby Propulsion » Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:48 am

So much so that we have made a tentative "Release Date" of June 19th. This will hopefully coincide with the launch of first expedition.

So what is the big deal about the release date then? Has the game not already been released?
Propulsion

Postby trungdle » Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:51 am

It's the official day when the game is fully released and the status is no longer beta.
We can then go on to advertise the game and charge money for it ¦]
You thought I quit.
trungdle

Postby Dallane » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:53 am

Propulsion wrote:
So much so that we have made a tentative "Release Date" of June 19th. This will hopefully coincide with the launch of first expedition.

So what is the big deal about the release date then? Has the game not already been released?

No we are STILL in beta.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby RonPaulFTW » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:59 am

WE need whale hunting
RonPaulFTW

Postby Nektaris » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:14 am

I ***** up a bit in that thread because of some trolls...sorry.

http://www.onrpg.com/boards/threads/226 ... -(REVAMPED)
oleanna wrote:It's a part of the game. Stealing stuff with larceny or with brain is a way like an other !
Nektaris

Postby Blood » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:34 am

Nektaris wrote:Image

I ***** up a bit in that thread because of some trolls...sorry.

http://www.onrpg.com/boards/threads/226 ... -(REVAMPED)

gj bumping Salem, but that site looks like **** tbh i cant stand signatures that freaking big. To top it off you were battling HnH retards and the fancy idiots.

The biggest problem i see Salem having is similar to my line of work where we have great products and when people use them love them, but people are vocal about our competition because they have shinier products and bigger advertising budgets but lack 99% of the features just substandard me2 ****. All i can say is keep up the work and eventually people will come and like it like we do for the freedom and realize the other games have been giving them substandard game play.
Blood

Postby Dallane » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:33 am

I really don't think you should be rewarding people who go onto forums, **** post and battle the community. It really tuns people off to the game. Cleayt is the best example of alienating a audience.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby TotalyMeow » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:29 pm

Removed a derail that just wouldn't end.

Please stop arguing about Nektaris' handling of his thread. And if you are going to go to a game forum and promote Salem, please don't troll or insult the people who object. Remain polite and calm, don't make us look bad, and don't alienate the people you are trying to recruit.

It's inevitable that some people will dislike Salem, and that's okay. It won't be for everyone. If you're not sure what to say to someone who claims the graphics 'suck' or objects to some other aspect of Salem that isn't going to change and you want to make some reply to that, you can always PM one of the devs and ask us what we think the best response would be. After all, we know why we did things the way we did.

And some people will remember the game from Alpha or earlier Beta versions and talk about things they didn't like that aren't even in the game anymore. The best way to deal with those people is to simply point out that there have been many changes and that the aspects of Salem that they disliked have changed and maybe give a short explanation of how.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements