Off to the Market

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Off to the Market

Postby Rubberduckbandit » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:29 am

Post one of the mass, Marp was actually asking around if anyone took a ss of the event, to do just that.
Rubberduckbandit

Postby ShadowTani » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:33 am

If I where to say the top thing that needs to be fleshed out before launch it must be the item mall. It is the life-line for the game after all. In the beginning the number one thing that I and my friend struggled with was that we kept running out of inspiration. I feel this boring scenario is to be quite frequent among enthusiastic beginners, and it strikes me as odd that there's no inspiration recovery consumable in the shop to take advantage of this opportunity. A beginner pack should probably be planned as well.

For the game itself I would indeed like to see more expanded uses for current items and fleshed out features. Details such as being able to take lime of milk out of clay troughs rather than just add to them is cheap to do in development terms, but adds to the overall experience and presentation. In regards to fleshing out features, an example is the digging concept; why can we only carry the dirt we dig up on our backs? For transporting dirt over longer distances a wheel barrow would enhance this experience quite a bit I feel (yes, I'm a mole).

That's the kind of areas I think is important to focus on before the game launches.
ShadowTani

Postby Rubberduckbandit » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:40 am

ShadowTani wrote: a wheel barrow would enhance this experience.

I was somewhat slightly agreeing with you until this, we already have carts which leads me to believe you haven't really bothered to try the game in it's entirety, to be throwing out an already made idea.
Rubberduckbandit

Postby ShadowTani » Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:49 am

Rubberduckbandit wrote:
ShadowTani wrote: a wheel barrow would enhance this experience.

I was somewhat slightly agreeing with you until this, we already have carts which leads me to believe you haven't really bothered to try the game in it's entirety, to be throwing out an already made idea.

Can you put dirt into the carts tho? I was of the impression it took just similar items such as the sledge's can take (just that it takes to up to 8 units instead of 2), which doesn't include dirt. And yes, I'm a returning player since 2-3 years ago, we didn't have that kind of features then so it's true I need to catch up on the higher level stuff - I've so far only read up on them, not tried them in practice. Still, I believe I'm fairly acquainted enough with most things to make reasonable suggestion though. Either way, it was more of an example than a suggestion.
ShadowTani

Postby Rubberduckbandit » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:31 am

Ah ok i guess that's understandable, welcome back, and yes you can put dirt into carts.
Rubberduckbandit

Postby Lusewing » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:32 am

Rubberduckbandit wrote:Post one of the mass, Marp was actually asking around if anyone took a ss of the event, to do just that.

I actually recorded thw whole thing, only just finished uploading it to Youtube. So for those that missed Mass here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwEVkq7CQJs
Do not argue with idiots, for they will pull you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Lusewing

Postby Silent_Bob » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:58 am

Praise beith to Sister Lusewing for bringing the great teachings of Lord JC to the forums!
Silent_Bob

Postby TotalyMeow » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:15 pm

Nikixos wrote:What is the best response to the graphics sucks? :)
it's better here than in pms

Perhaps, but I don't have the best response. Marp, being the main art guy, probably can answer it better.

Personally, I dislike the cutesy big-eyed anime I've seen in too many MMOs lately. And I like the slightly disturbing Lovecraftian atmosphere encouraged by the current style. Those were my arguments in favor of keeping the original style when we were making that decision back in June. But for a more official answer, PM Marp or John.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Nikixos » Thu May 07, 2015 9:23 am

JohnCarver wrote:Good Idea. Your picture has just been added. Players may submit photos here and I"ll update them to our facebook page. You must have at least ONE thing that was added since we took over, shadows, and a awesome looking screenshot as general criteria.

I just had to share this epic screenshot which i found it had JC peeking in the back :lol:

"Do you want to know what is the crowd cheering at? Visit Salem this sunday for the weekend festivals and find out!"

First mass screenshot

This is a Sipo's video that would fit nicely on your fb page
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCUXDZiWS6A
Image Image
Nikixos

Postby kfv7 » Mon May 11, 2015 2:26 am

I can't understand with are you making advertising on Facebook and Twitter, but the game its still not listed on Steam Greenlight...
kfv7

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements