Nubs are in Season

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Nubs are in Season

Postby pilgrim » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:47 am

The tutorial is coming along nicely I have not read all these posts so not sure this has been addressed. need to add a stop on the audio when the next audio starts.
I would like to see a small tutorial on changing the camera. I can not get over how the camera looks on default settings and may turn some people off. maybe a short tutorial on changing to freestyle and explaining how to move it around?
pilgrim

Postby Procne » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:51 am

Under what conditions fruits become rotten?
Procne

Postby ShadowTani » Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:48 pm

Possible bug: If a nub manage to KO themselves in the tutorial (like my friend did when carrying around something for too long) they will stay KO and will be forced to quit the game. Possible alternative behavior: Allow them to respawn per usual KO rules within the tutorial camp, or alternatively at least reset the tutorial area (along with the skills) so that the player won't need to go through the process of restarting the game then logging back on to find they will have to remake the character from scratch - that's a huge turn off for many.
ShadowTani

Postby Kandarim » Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:53 pm

relatedly, just have everyone auto-perma-die at the end of the tutorial to make a statement.
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby JohnCarver » Thu May 07, 2015 8:40 am

Kandarim wrote:relatedly, just have everyone auto-perma-die at the end of the tutorial to make a statement.

I do think there is an argument to simply kill any characters who manage to ko in tutorial.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby ShadowTani » Thu May 07, 2015 8:51 am

JohnCarver wrote:
Kandarim wrote:relatedly, just have everyone auto-perma-die at the end of the tutorial to make a statement.

I do think there is an argument to simply kill any characters who manage to ko in tutorial.

Then the simple fix is to have anyone who KO without a homestead get permakilled; anything is better than having the character just lay there "forever" in my opinion. ;)
ShadowTani

Postby Chrumps » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:39 pm

Those who don't have 200s in a bank account go through newbie camp and after catching a Tumbleweed they receive enough Perennial Philosophy points to learn Childish things.
Those who do have 200s in the bank land directly in the main world and can't learn anything until they get 300 PP points which is impossible without help of another player at that point.
This issue would hit mostly those who first buy cash shop silver and then create a new character.
Chrumps

Postby Dallane » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:59 pm

Chrumps wrote:Those who don't have 200s in a bank account go through newbie camp and after catching a Tumbleweed they receive enough Perennial Philosophy points to learn Childish things.
Those who do have 200s in the bank land directly in the main world and can't learn anything until they get 300 PP points which is impossible without help of another player at that point.
This issue would hit mostly those who first buy cash shop silver and then create a new character.

If you have 200s in the bank then you should have something to learn childish things with.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby ShadowTani » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:31 pm

It's not a problem, two simple ways to get enough PP:

1. Find, catch and study 1 Salamander
  2. Find and study 4 Beetles
ShadowTani

Postby Zennoya » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:41 pm

ShadowTani wrote:It's not a problem, two simple ways to get enough PP:

1. Find, catch and study 1 Salamander
  2. Find and study 4 Beetles

And both takes more time than finishing tutorial, so option with 200s in bank is useless in most cases. Maybe while paying 200s you should receive some gift that will give you enough PP, to buy childish things.
I am a drama queen. I make drama. When I do, I write in this color.
Zennoya

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements