Nubs are in Season

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Nubs are in Season

Postby Procne » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:45 pm

Zennoya wrote:
ShadowTani wrote:It's not a problem, two simple ways to get enough PP:

1. Find, catch and study 1 Salamander
  2. Find and study 4 Beetles

And both takes more time than finishing tutorial, so option with 200s in bank is useless in most cases. Maybe while paying 200s you should receive some gift that will give you enough PP, to buy childish things.

It may be useful for established players who want to spawn an alt quickly and they have some PP inspirationals OR they don't need any skills on such alt
Procne

Postby Dallane » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:54 pm

Zennoya wrote:

And both takes more time than finishing tutorial, so option with 200s in bank is useless in most cases. Maybe while paying 200s you should receive some gift that will give you enough PP, to buy childish things.

Or you stop being lazy.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby trungdle » Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:11 pm

Zennoya wrote:

You have money in bank now, why would you deserve more help? I don't like that idea.
Give instant PP would be too helpful for alt spammers. Plus, in no way 4 beetles will take longer than the tutorial.
You thought I quit.
trungdle

Postby Otis » Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:21 pm

I realize this is not 'most games' but... most allow you to skip the tutorial by choice. Seems the easy fix would be to allow you to do the tutorial if you wanted to regardless of your bank balance. When I restarted I had silver so I didn't get the option, and I did find enough beetles to get going. Given a choice/option, I would have done the tutorial just to get the chance to experience it. Obviously I can create a second account and do it, but to me the question is... why not make the tutorial optional if you have silver, unless it is intended as a silver sink.
Awwww...Care Bears are so cute!!!!
Otis

Postby Zennoya » Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:32 pm

Otis wrote:I realize this is not 'most games' but... most allow you to skip the tutorial by choice. Seems the easy fix would be to allow you to do the tutorial if you wanted to regardless of your bank balance. When I restarted I had silver so I didn't get the option, and I did find enough beetles to get going. Given a choice/option, I would have done the tutorial just to get the chance to experience it. Obviously I can create a second account and do it, but to me the question is... why not make the tutorial optional if you have silver, unless it is intended as a silver sink.

Nah, its not normal game. Here tutorial is "hidden weapon agains alt's!", and even passing tutorial is a survival. Be sure to get out cash from bank before making new alt if You dont want to waste it, and if You want to keep it anyway in bank, then prepare some PP inspirational if You want an alt, or make tutorial over and over. Otherwise Youre lazy, noobish, stupid, thankless trash that You care to change a thing.

And people that comments here including mods... You're so offensive that maybe You no longer understand plain and simple gently language? Someone has to spit in Your faces that Your brains start working? Ok.

trungdle wrote:You have money in bank now, why would you deserve more help? I don't like that idea.

Give instant PP would be too helpful for alt spammers. Plus, in no way 4 beetles will take longer than the tutorial.

Are You too dumb to understand simple thing that You pay 200s to SPEED UP, the proccess ? That's the reason this option was added, not to make people run around searching for bugs. To anyone with brain it looks like a oversight, that JC forgot about that. If this is on purpose then ok, if not... nothing happens.

Dallane wrote:Or you stop being lazy.

Or You stop being prick.
P.S. Is "prick" word forbidden on forum? Dunno Im not native english, so I dont know if its bad word.. still fits You 100%. If its forbidden, then just ban me, as each day of reading Your pricky scribble brings me closer to a day that i will start to call my own prick "Dellane".

Dallane wrote:If you have 200s in the bank then you should have something to learn childish things with.

I've seen tons of noobs gathering cash for doctor's mask inside bank, and dying from disease. Then they are forced to waste that cash on skipping tutorial, and leave them be, with no cash for doctor's mask, and nothing they can find to raise PP. But I know, I know... each even single step toward player would f*ck up whole of Your life philosophy of beeing prick.

Procne wrote:It may be useful for established players who want to spawn an alt quickly and they have some PP inspirationals OR they don't need any skills on such alt
With some pp points it would be usefull for them too, AND also for everyone else that just want to skip the turorial, just like that...
I am a drama queen. I make drama. When I do, I write in this color.
Zennoya

Postby Dallane » Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:35 pm

Zennoya wrote:child rager

If a dumb noob is actually wasting OVER 200s by putting it into the bank and not playing for 5 extra mins then they deserve to suffer for not being prepared.

You look like a massive idiot attacking people when you are trying to change things with your terrible ideas.

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Zennoya » Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:59 pm

Dallane wrote:If a dumb noob is actually wasting OVER 200s by putting it into the bank and not playing for 5 extra mins then they deserve to suffer for not being prepared.

And he will, for 3 mins, and then he just quit, and wont buy anything at store, and game will be down in a year as noone will earn enough to upkeep it. Not everyone is as brilliant as You, as experienced as You, and have so many cash in bank as You do... they also arent so devoted to support/pay for project that treat them as trash.

I played tons of MMO's games, and in EVERY OTHER GAME, when I saw something like that and just commented it as previously (not the last post), there was 2 types of answers: 1. "Yes its a bug, we havent noticed it, thanks", or 2. "Yes we know, thats on purpose, because We want want to achieve (...) by doing this". And here for noticing that theres something that looks like a bug, Im called "child rager", lazy dumb trash etc... You seriously think Youre so brilliant, and whole the rest of the world is wrong? Or Youre just a dumb retard, happy that other dumb retards claps bravo when You discurage and spit on everyone else that want to help this game to get customers and hold as long as possible?
I am a drama queen. I make drama. When I do, I write in this color.
Zennoya

Postby Dallane » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:06 pm

Zennoya wrote:
Dallane wrote:If a dumb noob is actually wasting OVER 200s by putting it into the bank and not playing for 5 extra mins then they deserve to suffer for not being prepared.

And he will, for 3 mins, and then he just quit, and wont buy anything at store, and game will be down in a year as noone will earn enough to upkeep it. Not everyone is as brilliant as You, as experienced as You, and have so many cash in bank as You do... they also arent so devoted to support/pay for project that treat them as trash.

I played tons of MMO's games, and in EVERY OTHER GAME, when I saw something like that and just commented it as previously (not the last post), there was 2 types of answers: 1. "Yes its a bug, we havent noticed it, thanks", or 2. "Yes we know, thats on purpose, because We want want to achieve (...) by doing this". And here for noticing that theres something that looks like a bug, Im called "child rager", lazy dumb trash etc... You seriously think Youre so brilliant, and whole the rest of the world is wrong? Or Youre just a dumb retard, happy that other dumb retards claps bravo when You discurage everyone else that want to help this game to get customers and hold as long as possible?

If someone is retarded enough to skip the tutorial and wasting money throwing it in the bank then they are too stupid to figure out how to use the store. You will find this is a different kind of game and community. Salem will always be here long after autist like yourself have let loose their tears and gone on to bother someone else.

I'm fairly certain this game can and has ran with little or no funding during it's dark days. I can't see server cost being that high at all.

What you are crying about itsn't a bug. You skipped the tutorial with money saved in your bank. By doing this you acknowledge that you have some sort of way to get PP and learn childish things.

Dallane

Postby Heffernan » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:11 pm

Dallane wrote:
Zennoya wrote:

I played tons of MMO's games, and in EVERY OTHER GAME, when I saw something like that and just commented it as previously (not the last post), there was 2 types of answers: 1. "Yes its a bug, we havent noticed it, thanks", or 2. "Yes we know, thats on purpose, because We want want to achieve (...) by doing this". And here for noticing that theres something that looks like a bug, Im called "child rager", lazy dumb trash etc... You seriously think Youre so brilliant, and whole the rest of the world is wrong? Or Youre just a dumb retard, happy that other dumb retards claps bravo when You discurage everyone else that want to help this game to get customers and hold as long as possible?

If someone is retarded enough to skip the tutorial and wasting money throwing it in the bank then they are too stupid to figure out how to use the store. You will find this is a different kind of game and community. Salem will always be here long after autist like yourself have let loose their tears and gone on to bother someone else.

I'm fairly certain this game can and has ran with little or no funding during it's dark days. I can't see server cost being that high at all.

What you are crying about itsn't a bug. You skipped the tutorial with money saved in your bank. By doing this you acknowledge that you have some sort of way to get PP and learn childish things.

Heffernan

Postby Dallane » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:23 pm

Heffernan wrote:another derail]

Do you have something to add or just derailing for the fun of it?

Dallane

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements